Wet 'n' Wild MegaEyes Creme Eyeshadow - #196 Champagne Toast

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/13/2008 8:39:00 PM

This is pretty good for the price. It is pretty sheer. This color would be pretty if it didn't have those annoying chunky sparkles. I don't like chunky sparkles on my eyes and don't get me wrong, I do love SHIMMER. Anyways, has pretty good lasting power.

on 2/5/2008 1:08:00 AM

I purchased this as I began building up my eyeshadow supply after a no buy for over 5 yrs (except fndt and mascara). Its true to its name and light/sheer pinky beige color with lots of shimmer. I have a medium warm complextion and this does not show up on my lid at all but as SHIMMER and it gets everywhere as you try to spread it evenly with your finger.

I was looking to use a cream e/s as a base (because I didnt want to splurge on UDPP or other e/s primer) But the effect before even applying a secondary color was so bad I never bothered.

I have now purchased a MAC paint pot and use it religiously as a base. When looking for more color payoff (while using pigments I am using NYX jumbo pencils instead).

Will not repurchase again.

on 1/28/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

well, I bought this and cafe au lait at least two years ago because I thought they were pretty. Then, I had no clue what a primer was or anything... and I never would have tried putting on more than one eye shadow color at a time! Now that I'm actually into decent makeup, and I starting hearing all the raves about using these cremes as bases, I pulled them out again. For me, it works decently as a simple, very sheer, almost wash. It leaves a little shimmer on my lid but not much color. A lot of people say using this keeps their eye shadow from creasing, but this is not the case for me. It creases just as easily as any regular eye shadow without a primer does. Good for a dollar, I guess. And IIRC, the cremes are being discontinued, but I won't be running out to stock up.

on 1/21/2008 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It seems to make a nice primer for other shadow. I often apply this from lash line to brows and then apply my other shadow on it, leaving this peeking out under the brow bone as highlight. Has tiny sparkles. Definitely going to continue using.

on 12/18/2007 8:15:00 PM

Not sure what all the fuss is, very thin, just leaves a sparkly wash that fades pretty quickly, leaving a slightly sparkly residue. I don't have oily lids, so who knows....maybe this works better on certain skin types, but not mine.

on 11/21/2007 5:37:00 PM

LOVE this as my eyeshadow primer! Someone the MUA board suggested this as an inexpensive eyeshadow primer. Inexpensive is definitely the key....I paid 95 cents for mine. I LOVE it. My shadows are lasting 10+ hours every day, even today when I wore ELF AND it was pouring rain. I also like it as a sheer color on my "no makeup" days. For those who say it is too shimmery, you are probably using too much. I use a small dot and have not found it too shimmery at all. My local store has them clearanced for the 95 cents....I am going back tomorrow to buy the last 3 if they are still there!

on 11/11/2007 3:57:00 PM

Great consistency, great color, great price. You really can't get better than that.

(NW20)

on 10/31/2007 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have all the cream e/s from WnW and I like them alot!! As they are so cheap, they have real good staying powder, they go on easy and dry fast.

Exellent to use as base e/s, perfect dupe for Mac paints. The reason why I took 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I think the white one and the champagne one are a bit to shimmery/glittery for daytime.

They are my HG!!!!

on 9/6/2007 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

It works ok as a highlighter but its very sheer so I feel like I need to put it on twice. I much prefer Estee Lauder's creme eyeshadows. Its only a buck though so it was worth a try!

on 8/1/2007 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I think this is good for what it is, a cheap shimmery wash. I use it as a primer and eyeshadow base for when I apply my usual powder shadows but I do find that because it is so shimmery, even if I use matter shadows on top (which is what I typically wear from day to day) it is a tad too shimmery for me. I can also see this being used as a highlighter on the cheeks if you were in a crunch as it blends in pretty well into your skin. but it is very shimmery! so only use as highlighter for evenings out.