September 16, 2014 | 1941 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 6:36:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Again, I tried this years ago so the details are fuzzy. I read all the rave reviews about this "AMAZING" mascara, so I had to try it. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect mascara. Anyhow, I remember not being impressed with this at all. It was just an ok mascara, definitely not worth the price. But I got mine from ebay ( I think) so it was cheaper. So, if you just have to try this then I recommend getting from a site that's cheaper, because you may not be that impressed with it.
As I'm sure someone somewhere on here has already stated, that LancŰme and L'oreal are owned by the same company so you can more than likely find a knockoff from the L'oreal collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by tashacx

would not buy any other mascara. this one is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by loeblori

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a wonderful mascara if you take the time to make sure you don't have too much product on the brush and work slowly, applying two thin layers. I get curl, volume and length. Most importantly, I get no eye irritation. Many of the cheaper mascaras (and some high end) now use a rubber brush which is a disaster for people with allergies to latex (and my doctor tells me this is the fastest growing allergy.) This is latex-free and great for sensitive eyes. And it gives me the false lash effect without a lot of work. If it flakes, you've applied too much.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this for christmas, and it was perfect the first two times I used this mascara, and then it got dry and flakey, and just horrible to wear. I wanted to like this :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Zoejuliana

I love hypnose mascara so much, it's definitely my HG. I have been wearing it for years now. I always find at first it is too clumpy and comes out too thick but after a while it's great. Can't recommend it enough

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by misscynthia06

Hpynose is a creamy black mascara with a unique brush, it is curvy and has one side that is more spiky/comb like and one that is a plump curvy brush.

I'm sort of surprised at the number of negative reviews, I really think this is the type of product where application is key, if you try to apply this in a hurry you probably won't be happy. As such, this isn't a mascara I reach for on a daily basis because I just don't have the time to sit and play.

I comb through the product with the comb end and then go back over and layer with the brush side. I like a dark dramatic look so I go over the lashes several times.

I have watery eyes and haven't had any issues using this, if doesn't flake, smudge and comes off easily with makeup remover.

I would recommend this for someone with the time to sit and do a careful makeup application, it really is a lovely product, but maybe not good for every day get up and go use.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by lilyde123321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Total disappointment. Weighs down eyelashes, smudges within a couple hours, and expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by lucy1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know some people who aren't too keen on this, but I absolutely adore this product. The consistency is perfect it doesn't clump my lashes, but still does a wonderful job lengthening them. This is definitely my HG mascara I always seem to find myself coming back to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by hypnose01

If you want to waste your money buy Lancome Hypnose!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Something about this mascara has changed, and Iím not sure if itís my imagination! I used to love this mascara, it was my HG! I didnít use it for about a year (I had a lot of samples to go through), and when I repurchased it something was different. I usually look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. I used to find that it was really buildable, super pigmented, and never clumped. However, now it clumps like crazy! I canít stand this mascara anymore. It is still buildable but it clumps very easily, and itís not easy to separate my lashes with a comb, I have had many frustrated mornings trying to achieve a pretty, separated look. When you first get this mascara the formula is very wet and hard to work with, I hate trying to work with it until about the 15th-20th use, then it becomes a bit more manageable. I also have long, straight, blonde eyelashes, and this mascara wonít hold the curl in my lashes. The good things about Hypnose are the pigmentation (very black), and it has a good size bristle brush that is easy to work with. I am using up the rest of this mascara, but I wouldnít repurchase or recommend it anymore.