October 31, 2014 | 1600 users online

Pressed Powders - Sally Hansen - Cornsilk Shineless Classic Translucent powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by NissieBui

I've been using this product for about a week. Like that it's pressed but wouldn't mind using the loose one. It gives a really nice finish to your makeup but unfortunately it did nothing to control oil which is my main concern when buying face powders. I had to use more oil absorbing sheets than usual. And the scent does linger hours after. Kinda used to it but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

How mad was I when I discovered this was discontinued?! It is the perfect setting/finishing powder and I've been using it for over 15 years. It gives such a great smooth almost airbrushed kind of finish with just a tiny TINY touch of sparkle to make your skin appear luminous in the right light. It prevents me from getting the shineys all day and I stock up when I order online. Got 5 of these on ebay for $10 so I should be well supplied for a while. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this every day. It controls oilyness so well! It gives my face that extra coverage when I finish applying all my make-up. Also makes it last a bit longer. I love this because there is no shimmer. It is all matte. I got this at Big Lots for like $2.50. Not bad at all!!! Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by Freelizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder works great in fact. It controls the shine well on my fairly oily skin. It actually makes my skin look fresh because there are very very small shimmer grains in there, so it gives my face a fresh look, but not a glow. I would have given this product five lip sticks if this had a twist off cap, and an easy area to dip your brush in (without the seive) like the setting powder from Makeup For Ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Veneziano

I love this powder. It controls shine fairly well and adds a nice, healthy glow to my skin without looking ashy or OTT matte. It has small shimmers in it but doesn't look glittery or strange. It blends in with my skin very well as I am super pale and most powders are too dark or cakey on my skin. It's good for blotting in your T-zone. The only complaint I have is that it's a little messy to use if you shake too much out of the sifter. I can use this with a brush, a powder puff, and the puff it comes with. Totally worth the few dollars it cost, too, I don't think I'll ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by ZeusK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

IDK what others are thinking...this stuff ROCKS! I use it daily and have the most amazing composition w/my MU ever! My mom first gave this to me to try after she said it was great. I tried and LOVE this powder!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by blkmamba

Smells funny, verryy strong. It gets annoying after hour or so. I don't agree that is good for sensitive skins, gave me itchy face (sounds funny but its just horribly sensitizing). i have never had problems with "regular" powders, never had "itchy" face before, maybe i'm allergic. Also didn't give me any soft glow look that some people mentioned. won't buy or recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this powder in my bag for touch ups, and for that it works fairly well. I agree with the previous reviewer that said a light touch is needed - otherwise it does look dull and cakes up. It doesn't change color or oxidize throughout the day. It seems finely milled, and is transparent as long as it isn't piled on. The problem is the scent - it is strong and perfumey. It doesn't really disappear quickly. Why would anyone want their face to smell like old-lady perfume? I guess it does work as an appetite suppressant though - I don't feel like eating after powdering my nose with this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this product for years and like it best in the warm, humid months. I need to use a light hand when applying or else it looks heavy and flat. The color never changes, and it absorbs excess oil very well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2008 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Gabriel679

This is a great summer powder for my sensitive, combination skin. It sets my foundation and doesn't interfere with the color or application, which I was impressed with. And it controls oil all day without looking like a mask (at least for me). Yes, there is a definate fragrance, but it doesn't seem to bother me. I use this in the summer and early fall, whenever the weather and humidity bother my makeup, and I do use it off and on all the rest of the year, in conjunction with my Lancome loose powder. Good product that's been around for years - I think my grandmother and mother both used it as well.
    EDIT: This disappears after about 4 hours, although the weather has been really humind and hot lately. I've had to reapply a lot and it kind of makes my foundation smear a bit. However, I think that if I use less moisturizer that may help. I'll try that and see.