MAC Brick-O-La (Amplified Creme)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I took a chance on this one and wasn't disappointed! It's the absolute perfect fall and winter red; it's not too HEY IM WEARING RED LIPSTICK but it's not dull and boring. So wearable, so gorgeous, so sophisticated. It seems to look pretty different on different people pulls red with a bit of brown on me (blonde, blue-eyed, fair-medium neutral skin). I never like reds because they seem too much for my muted complexion, but this one knocked it out of the park.

on 6/26/2015 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this and Hot Tahiti at the same time. They both are pretty much the same color swatched and on my lips. Hot Tahiti just has a sheen (Glaze) to it and doesn't last as long but leaves a pretty stain. Surprised thought that a Glaze would last all morning! I purchased both thinking I can return one if I didn't like the other since they both were pretty similar. The MAC sa says Brick-o-La has more lasting power but I love the sheen and feel of Hot Tahiti! What to do?! Well I decided to keep both!!

Unlike most of the Mac lippies I've purchased that didn't have good lasting power, I wanted something different and this delivers! I never browse the Amplified Creme section at the MAC counter but glad I did. Long lasting, comfortable on the lips, not drying no flaking/feathering on my lips.

Also, most of my red lippies scream, I am wearing RED lipstick today! However this goes perfectly for casual every day, the office, or even a night out! It's summer now and I have no shame wearing this. It's muted, not bright red and it gives my NC40 skin a nice glow, brings out my tan - I am in love. It really depend how you apply them, can be layered or just dab. Currently my hair is light brown, my face is tan, my previous lippies were nude and this look was not working out ladies. I HAD to try something different and this was it!! It's perfect!

on 1/29/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Brick-O-La is gorgeous!!! Brick-O-La is definitely one of the more unusual shades that mac does and if you are a red lipstick lover then you absolutely need this lipstick as it is very unique! On me it's a cranberry red with a just a hint of brown in it. It's not an in your face red either so it is suitable for everyday and for work. The amplified finish is my second favourite mac finish (satin being my first). I love that they are completely opaque and creamy without being too creamy. Brick-O-La lasts about 6 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful rose stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 1/6/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

A beautiful rosy/berry shade on NC40 through NC45 skin tones. I reach for this whenever I feel the need to be a bit more dressed up and bright in the face. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars since the lasting power isn't as fantastic as most MAC lipsticks (3-4 hours; 5 if you're lucky). Still, I feel like it is worth the money, especially since one swipe gives such opaque coverage.

I bought this last week along with chatterbox and blankety and I like this color the name brick o la fits it perfectly it is a brick color and its smooth textured with a good color pay off i put it away for this fall and winter but I would repurchase.

on 6/3/2014 10:29:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I am a big red lipstick fan, and Brick-O-La is a super wearable red that isn't too muted or too vivid. It really is just right for an everyday red. It pulls fairly red on me; I don't really get a berry or brown tone on my lips. I'm NC25/30 with black hair and this is really flattering on my coloring. Will always repurchase - can't believe it took me so long to discover this one.

on 5/9/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This makes me look like Snow White.

I love it - it looks very un-interesting in the bullet but when I wear this the compliments start rolling in. It is a natural bold red - if that makes many sense.

Perfect for pale skin. And perfect for the winter months. Doesn't dry my lips out and wears off evenly.

on 1/2/2014 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When I tried out Brick-o-La in the Mac store I really really loved it. But when I got it as a gift from my aunt, I dunno...I expected a berry shade and it's like a dull red to me. Not what I hoped for..was expecting a deep shade of berry mauve red

on 12/7/2013 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm MAC lipstick obsessed and I love this color for fall and winter as it is bee wearable and not too harsh. It brightens up my face so much and is so comfortable to wear. I love it!

This colour is beautiful, had it for ages now and thought it deserved a review.

You can do 1 layer and it's very very wearable, it's sort of like a dark berry red, I can see some brick and brown tones in there. You can also build it up into a darker look and the berry tones are stronger.

The texture is very nice and comfortable, not too drying.

Also if you're trying to experiment with darker lip colours but feel a bit nervous I would recommend this one, I have thin lips and was scared to try anything even a little bit dark, not saying this is really dark but it's darker than any other reds I try but it looks gorgeous. :)

It's just a beautiful colour, I don't think I've seen a red like it. Really love it.

Update: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

Recommended for Medium Skin