October 22, 2014 | 1200 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Brick-O-La (Amplified Creme)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I bought this last week along with chatterbox and blankety and I like this color the name brick o la fits it perfectly it is a brick color and its smooth textured with a good color pay off i put it away for this fall and winter but I would repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 10:29:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

I love this lipstick! I am a big red lipstick fan, and Brick-O-La is a super wearable red that isn't too muted or too vivid. It really is just right for an everyday red. It pulls fairly red on me; I don't really get a berry or brown tone on my lips. I'm NC25/30 with black hair and this is really flattering on my coloring. Will always repurchase - can't believe it took me so long to discover this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by etc85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This makes me look like Snow White.

I love it - it looks very un-interesting in the bullet but when I wear this the compliments start rolling in. It is a natural bold red - if that makes many sense.

Perfect for pale skin. And perfect for the winter months. Doesn't dry my lips out and wears off evenly.

Amazing!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by nix19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I tried out Brick-o-La in the Mac store I really really loved it. But when I got it as a gift from my aunt, I dunno...I expected a berry shade and it's like a dull red to me. Not what I hoped for..was expecting a deep shade of berry mauve red

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MissKris1101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm MAC lipstick obsessed and I love this color for fall and winter as it is bee wearable and not too harsh. It brightens up my face so much and is so comfortable to wear. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by missbioniclegs

This colour is beautiful, had it for ages now and thought it deserved a review.

You can do 1 layer and it's very very wearable, it's sort of like a dark berry red, I can see some brick and brown tones in there. You can also build it up into a darker look and the berry tones are stronger.

The texture is very nice and comfortable, not too drying.

Also if you're trying to experiment with darker lip colours but feel a bit nervous I would recommend this one, I have thin lips and was scared to try anything even a little bit dark, not saying this is really dark but it's darker than any other reds I try but it looks gorgeous. :)

It's just a beautiful colour, I don't think I've seen a red like it. Really love it.

Update: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Babel9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't let the name scare you, MAC Brick o la is actually very wearable and not brick at all. It's quite the chameleon though, and never looks quite the same from person to person. A healthy mix of berry, red and brown, it always manage to look lovely on every skin tone.

It's also creamy and moisturizing, and a very good color for fall. As all amplifieds, it's very buildable and you can use it as a stain, just to get a slightly berry tint, or full on to great effect.

My second all time favorites by MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the neutral berry color, it's really pigmented, and just glides on your lips. There's a little sheen, but it's not super glossy gloss. For me, the formula is moisturizing. I think this color is universally flattering-- I am blonde and blue eyed, and I have pale black-hair friends and mocha skinned friends who have this shade and really rocked it. And let's be honest-- drugstore lipsticks are now nearly 10 bucks. Why not just spend another 5 to get MAC?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by HeyKatj

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing lipstick! This is one of those lipstick that works even when you have lighter skin or if you just got back from vacation and got tan. It is also very easy to work with. Like if you want just a wash of colour, you can just dab it to your lips. Or if you're feeling bold and feisty than you can go full on with this lipstick. Price wise, it is expensive, however it is Mac's and it is very wearable. Although I actually got it for $1.5! How crazy is that? I got it in Singapore's Airport for a transit, and since I was riding on Singapore Airlines they gave me a $20 (sing) voucher... so you can already guess what I used it for :D

I actually wrote a more thorough review (with swatches) about it in my blog:

I hope that it helps :)
xx

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jbbendt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this from a swap, put it on once, and I'm already reviewing it because I think I just got my HG fall/winter lippie. It's the most absolutely gorgeous rich rose red with a small hint of berry pink and brown undertones. NC35-40 for reference. It compliments my skin so well, and I know I will be able to wear this every day and look glamorous and put together without having to go for the shocking bright reds (which I am not comfortable wearing out), and it's not too dark that it would not be office appropriate.

I have a feeling I'll be purchasing many of these from mac in the years to come.