MAC Brick-O-La (Amplified Creme)

4.5

on 1/29/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. Brick-O-La is gorgeous!!! Brick-O-La is definitely one of the more unusual shades that mac does and if you are a red lipstick lover then you absolutely need this lipstick as it is very unique! On me it's a cranberry red with a just a hint of brown in it. It's not an in your face red either so it is suitable for everyday and for work. The amplified finish is my second favourite mac finish (satin being my first). I love that they are completely opaque and creamy without being too creamy. Brick-O-La lasts about 6 hours on me and I can eat and drink and it will still stay on. It wears off evenly and leaves a beautiful rose stain behind. I love this lipstick so so sooo much and 100% will be buying this again when my current one runs out!!

on 1/6/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

A beautiful rosy/berry shade on NC40 through NC45 skin tones. I reach for this whenever I feel the need to be a bit more dressed up and bright in the face. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars since the lasting power isn't as fantastic as most MAC lipsticks (3-4 hours; 5 if you're lucky). Still, I feel like it is worth the money, especially since one swipe gives such opaque coverage.

I bought this last week along with chatterbox and blankety and I like this color the name brick o la fits it perfectly it is a brick color and its smooth textured with a good color pay off i put it away for this fall and winter but I would repurchase.

on 6/3/2014 10:29:00 PM

I love this lipstick! I am a big red lipstick fan, and Brick-O-La is a super wearable red that isn't too muted or too vivid. It really is just right for an everyday red. It pulls fairly red on me; I don't really get a berry or brown tone on my lips. I'm NC25/30 with black hair and this is really flattering on my coloring. Will always repurchase - can't believe it took me so long to discover this one.

on 5/9/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This makes me look like Snow White.

I love it - it looks very un-interesting in the bullet but when I wear this the compliments start rolling in. It is a natural bold red - if that makes many sense.

Perfect for pale skin. And perfect for the winter months. Doesn't dry my lips out and wears off evenly.

Amazing!!!!

on 1/2/2014 5:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

When I tried out Brick-o-La in the Mac store I really really loved it. But when I got it as a gift from my aunt, I dunno...I expected a berry shade and it's like a dull red to me. Not what I hoped for..was expecting a deep shade of berry mauve red

on 12/7/2013 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm MAC lipstick obsessed and I love this color for fall and winter as it is bee wearable and not too harsh. It brightens up my face so much and is so comfortable to wear. I love it!

This colour is beautiful, had it for ages now and thought it deserved a review.

You can do 1 layer and it's very very wearable, it's sort of like a dark berry red, I can see some brick and brown tones in there. You can also build it up into a darker look and the berry tones are stronger.

The texture is very nice and comfortable, not too drying.

Also if you're trying to experiment with darker lip colours but feel a bit nervous I would recommend this one, I have thin lips and was scared to try anything even a little bit dark, not saying this is really dark but it's darker than any other reds I try but it looks gorgeous. :)

It's just a beautiful colour, I don't think I've seen a red like it. Really love it.

Update: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

on 10/23/2013 2:41:00 AM

Don't let the name scare you, MAC Brick o la is actually very wearable and not brick at all. It's quite the chameleon though, and never looks quite the same from person to person. A healthy mix of berry, red and brown, it always manage to look lovely on every skin tone.

It's also creamy and moisturizing, and a very good color for fall. As all amplifieds, it's very buildable and you can use it as a stain, just to get a slightly berry tint, or full on to great effect.

My second all time favorites by MAC.

on 8/19/2013 7:56:00 PM

I love the neutral berry color, it's really pigmented, and just glides on your lips. There's a little sheen, but it's not super glossy gloss. For me, the formula is moisturizing. I think this color is universally flattering-- I am blonde and blue eyed, and I have pale black-hair friends and mocha skinned friends who have this shade and really rocked it. And let's be honest-- drugstore lipsticks are now nearly 10 bucks. Why not just spend another 5 to get MAC?

Popular Lipsticks