October 25, 2014 | 1378 users online

Lip Gloss - La Prairie - Cellular Lip Colour Effects

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

omg. i just tried this at the counter today. IT IS HEAVENLY. BEST BEST BEST lipgloss ive ever tried. i tried the winter cranberry and it looked absolutely stunning. i love red lipglosses but i prefer them to be translucent in color (great for the summer) because i find that if theres TOO much pigment, red can look overdone. this shade was perfect. the texture was to die for... not to sticky and very moisturizing. you can tell it's a luxury product the moment it touches your lips. and the shimmer... OoooooOOoooOoo amazing amazing shimmer. i seriously felt like a fairy after i put this on.

i used to love NARS and Guerlain lip glosses. but now that ive tried this one, im not so crazy about those other ones!

my one complaint? i prefer lip brushes to lip sponges. i find that it gives a more precise application. and yea, the price is crazy (50 bucks at Holt Renfrew) but once i tried this, i fell in love - im gonna go pick one up tomorrow.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict74

I tried this at the counter and just could not walk away without buying it. my lips are dry, cracked and flaky year round but felt so smooth and luxurious after i applied this. the color actually lasted the entire night as i shopped around. Most lipglosses feel awful and sticky and leaves no color on me. Makes me want to wipe them off right away. This one, though, is the product i've been looking for. it comes with a foam applicator, which makes application a cinch. the color i got (BERRY GLACE) made my lips look soft and healthy. the coverage was excellent. and i love the color. it's doesnt look heavy. it just looks like i've been eating popsicle that left an even distribution of a delicious berry color on my lips. reminds me of gelato. i paid 40 bucks for this. So for something that works so well on my dry lips, this is a bargain. i've got a few Dior and other brands that are just gathering dust in my drawers. i'm so glad i found this!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Melody_Yue_Wu

I have the Opal Glaze shade. I bought it since it looked good on me when the La Prairie sales girl put it on and well, it's one of the cheapest products from this luxury brand.
COLOR 4: Opal Glaze is a very natural color. the tone is creamy peach with a light gold shimmer effect to it. It's not transparent, so it definitely will cover your lip with the color it carries. You can wear it alone without other makeup and it will not look stand out. Just a nice creamy shine.
PACKAGE 5: It comes in a beautiful shiny silver tube with decorative designs. You can see the lip gloss inside from the the side of the tube.
APPLICATION 2: This gloss comes with a brush applicator. However, I can't say it's easy to use to give you that even spread. The brush tip is rather round instead of flat, so it's hard to "paint" your lips with it.
TEXTURE 3: The texture is quite thick. I like to use my pinky finger tip to apply lip gloss sometimes to have better control and even spread; however, the texture of this gloss is too thick for me to do that, once the stuff gets on your lips, it's hard to "move" it around and it becomes a bit sticky. If you can get it to cover your lips evening, it will look beautiful. Otherwise...
STAYING POWER 3: not too bad. Given it's a bit sticky, I guess it lasts better.
TASTE 1: I hate to say this but it's absolutely awful. This gloss has a very strong taste. It reminds me of my mom's cheap lip sticks from the 80'. It tastes like wax with lots "bad" chemicals in them, so even if you cover your lips with this just a little bit too close to the inside of your mouth, be prepared, you are going to have a very strong waxy taste for a loooooooong time, and trust me, it is NOT pleasant. This is the main reason that I have not been using it much, even though it's La Prairie.
PRICE 2: Given all the reasons above, for $40+tax, in my opinion, this lip gloss is not worth it. For this price, you can almost by 2 Chanel's Aqualumiere lip gloss, which is way more advanced and better in every way. The Chanel Gloosimiere lip gloss is good too, just a little stickier than Aqualumiere, still better than La Prairie's.

Update: I've found the one and only way that works to apply this lip gross. I put on some lip balm first, because if you don't, any tiny dry peel on your lip is going to show after you apply this lip gloss. Then I brush my top and bottom lips only once just to get the gross on my lips. As soon as that's done, I use my pinky finger tips to finish the job. To me, this is the only way to make the gloss cover my lips evenly before it settles and becomes a little sticky. If this part is done right, this color definitely is beautiful on your lips. I don't wear a lot of makeup, just a little concealer and a touch of bronzer, so I always wanted a lip color that looks very natural, smooth, and shiny. And this one is not too pink, too dark, too brown... just right. And once again, remember not to get the gloss too close to the inside of your mouth, because the taste is quite unpleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by janehex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in Nectar Glace. By far the best lip gloss I have ever purchased. Incredible feel on the lips, NOT STICKY, lasts a while, and good color. Love it. Very expensive, but hey, you get what you pay for, don't you?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2007 6:09:00 AM More reviews by StellaCH

I love these glosses. Non sticky and long lasting. I have plum glace and Dore, wonderful!
I agree with the reviewer below tho.. limited colours

Update: These are the only lipglosses I wear now. I have full lips natually but these glosses definetely plump up the lips further.

Update I also bought "Berry Glace". It is a stunning rosy colour. I wear it on top of 'Porto" (LP lipstick) and it looks wonderful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2007 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Kileybiz

Limited colors.

Nice texture go on smoothly and shines nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2004 4:54:00 PM More reviews by holliday

I think this lip gloss is relatively new to the La Prairie line. Therefore, it only comes in a VERY limited color range of only two colors. I bought this in rose glace which is a very light frosty pink with a TON of shimmer. It is not very pigmented, but it melts into your lips and gives this AMAZING glass-like shine. It goes on very smooth and evenly, does not bleed. It lasts a long time as well. Despite the price ($35 for .25 oz), I would definitely buy this again. I think it would look great on anyone over a lipstick or liner since it is not very pigmented. While it has no fragrance, it does have a strong taste which might turn some folks off. For the record, I am an asian NC20 with quite pink pigmented lips.