NARS The Multiple in Maldives

4.1

on 6/3/2015 9:16:00 PM

LOVE this product! It sat in my makeup case for awhile because I didn't know how to use it, but now I love it!! It is the perfect highlighter. Not too dark, not too light. Is shimmering with a lovely bronze rose tint to it. I use it almost daily on my cheeks when I'm feeling a little flat. I have medium-yellow toned skin and brown eyes. I have heard it also looks good on paler complexions and darker also.

on 5/18/2013 10:25:00 PM

I was so excited to get this multiple but its really been mostly a disappointment. I guess the color is just not right for me. I prefer Copacabana for a highlighter as this isn't quite bright enough to use for that. and it doesn't look great as a blush. I feel like I put frosted lipstick on my face when I tried to use it as blush. THe orgasm and south beach multiple are much better suited for me. Bummer because "Champagne pink" sounded really nice....

on 10/5/2012 2:56:00 PM

I recently purchased this multiple from the NARS store on Bleecker St. and I absolutely love it. I put it on the apples of my cheeks and blend it back towards my cheek bones, dusting Douceur Blush underneath my cheek bones. Even if I don't wear anything on my eyes, this look always makes me appear youthful and fresh. I highly recommend Maldives to anyone with very fair, cool toned skin.

on 5/11/2011 1:02:00 PM

I am really disappointed with this product.. There's no pigment once blended just a WHOLE LOT of glitter. I'm guessing the same glittery effect can be achieved by playing with my 8 year old niece's barbie doll type makeup. it's useless as a bronzer, as a highlighter, and as a blush. I don't use eyeshadow, but I'm guessing it's too glittery for my liking to be used for anything. Real waste of a good deal of money. :(

The only redeeming feature is the cream to powder texture that feels lovely.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this product. I bought it after the NARS guy from the counter told me that this would be the one that would suit my skintone, as if I used anything darker it would make me look tired. I bought it following his advice and I must confess I was not very convinced, but once I tried it at home I thought it looked lovely, and it does give my skin a shimmery I-just-came-back-from-the-beach look. I cannot recommend this enought for people with the same skintone as me.

on 4/1/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I can't rave enough about this! This is a gorgeous multiple. I had one in South Beach and ended up returning it because I already had a blush that gave the same effect -- but this one is a unique color. Online, it describes it as a champagne pink. I uploaded the photos, and in the tube it definitely looks more of a bronze color with the slightest hint of pink. When I apply it, it comes out a perfect bronzey rose color. Not too pink, and not too bronze. More of a slightly copperish bronze with a pink tint and a golden glow. The glitter in this is minimal when applied. I don't get glitter spilling all over my cheeks when wearing it. Honestly, this gives me the perfect warm glow that I've been looking for. It's beautiful used as a highlight, but it's gorgeous used as a blush. It gives you a fresh, healthy appearance. I also believe this will look gorgeous year-round. For those who are hesitant about this one, don't be. It is gorgeous! I hope that NARS will never discontinue this product. It's amazing! <3 The best out of all of the multiples. (NC40 for ref.)

on 3/25/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have 3 other Multiples, St Barts, Portofino and the Tuomata bronzer which is perfectly matte. Even with light application, I found that St Barts and Portofino showed up dark on pores although I have pretty small ones. Maldives looks shimmery but on me it does not show up pores and just gives a nice glow. The color itself is not enough without blush for me, but worn under a matte cream blush, it looks lovely. Very happy I finally bought this one.

on 5/25/2009 6:42:00 PM

this is the best color out of all the multiples. very natural looking, no large glitter particles.. applies easily, the look is perfectly highlighted and sculpted. i haven't found anything that comes close to this.. very expensive but i keep buying and will go crazyy if they ever discontinue this color!!

on 3/4/2009 12:41:00 PM

I love this product. I have a fair-medium complexion with yellow undertones and this is a fabulous color for me. It's a neutral peachy pink on my face and is great for highlighting. If I want more color, I'll use a blusher on my cheeks. Sometimes I also wear it on my lips with some clear gloss and it gives a very neutral and sophisticated look. (Check out my pic.) Because of the muted sparkles, I prefer to wear it at night. I've found it tends to wear off; I've been told to set it with powder and this will matte it down at first and eventually the skin will warm it back up.

on 8/23/2008 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my least favorite multiple. It's similar to the Copacabana but Copacabana is much better as a highlighter. This one isn't quite a highlighter and there's not enough color for it to be blush. It's also a bit unnaturally shimmery. Can't make this look right on me although I've tried many times.

Top Rated NARS Products