April 19, 2014 | 1603 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Ma Bar Bubble Bar

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

Ma Bar is easily one of my all time favorite bubble bars.

It is just so adorable to look at. Half brown, half white, and a little brown sugar cube in the middle. And it's actually a decent size which is nice too since 7.95 USD is not cheap.

It smells amazing. Just like Honey I Washed the Kids. HIWTK is my favorite of all LUSH soaps, so having a bubble bar that smells the same is amazing. I think that my biggest complaint about the smell however, is that once I crumble the bar, I don't smell it in the water or on my skin, no matter how long I soak. It's really quite disappointing.

Bubble wise this produces a perfect amount. I usually break each bar into two pieces and find that I always have enough bubbles this way. I am sure that I could probably even break it into thirds and still not be unhappy with the result. Since I break it in half vertically rather than horizontally, I find it to be a bit messy, and the bar crumbles quite a bit, but I just save it all to get the most out of it. Yes, the water does turn brown, but since I know it is not from me being dirty, I don't mind. Also, stepping out of the bath every time that I use this, I notice how much softer my skin feels. I love it.

I have repurchased this bar many times and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by al218

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ahhhhhh. Amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

this is discontinued in australia. it was like $6.95 AUD.
it smells so great, and the smell lingered. it was moisturising also. this was one of my favourite smells and i wish i could buy it again. it was so relaxing. it kinda smells like caramel cookies or something food related like caramel cake or chocolate/vanilla pudding

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 2:32:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this as a gift and really enjoyed it. I used the whole bar in one bath and got lots of bubbles. I see other reviewers saying that the smell doesn't linger when you dissolve the bar, but I disagree; I could smell the delicious chocolately goodness when it was in its bubble form as well. Oh yeah, and the smell was AMAZING- I was actually tempted to eat it, even though the tag said not to! :P Also, I feel the bubbles lasted the perfect length of time- not too short, and not too long, the perfect amount of time for your bathwater to start cooling off a bit too much. The brownish color it gave the water honestly doesn't bug me; whatever, it's not like it's actually dirt or anything, it's chocolate!
I don't really buy bath treatments like this for myself so I doubt I'd buy it, but I'd love to get another as a gift. It's about $8 for the full bar, and it's a bit of an unnecessary luxury. But if I did buy again, I'd probably break apart the bar and spread it over a few baths just to get more out of it.
If you have some cash to treat yourself to bubbly goodness, then I do recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

I'm undecided about this Lush bubble bar. I usually go for the "foodie" yummy type scents... however this one is very light and the bubbles disappeared quickly. I used an entire bar in the bath, but the scent seemed to fade as soon as crumbled into the water. Another thing I didn't care for was how it makes the water turn a dingy brownish color. I might try this again in the shower instead with a loofah sponge to see if that works better for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by lslouffm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

My toddler is a bubble fanatic. She was SOOO excited when I told her I'd bought chocolate bubbles for her; mere words can't describe the absolute delight. For her, the brown colour this bar imparts to water is a boon -- it shows that chocolate bubbles are in the water. Another plus is that I can make this last over four baths -- you can split the bar in quarters and still get luscious bubbles in each of the four baths. The problem is that it doesn't smell anything like chocolate. The bar does, a bit, but when you put in the water none of that scent remains. I've had three of these in in the last few months, and it's been the same with each. So if you really care about smelling chocolate, this isn't your bar.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Similar scent to hiwtk soap. Absolutely yummy! The brown sugar cube is too cute!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

If you like anything that's toffee/chocolate/caramel/honey scented, you'll like this. I broke mine up into three chunks because it gives off alot of bubbles when in comes into contact with water (and you don't need too much for each bath). Although the bath water isn't too appealing when you use this (goes brown from the bubble bar), the scent fills the entire bathroom and creates this lovely delicious scent. The water feels very silky and smooth and leaves my skin feeling softer too. My only problem is that it doesn't dissolve too well and you get little lumps which you need to crush up under the water.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by NikiJJ

I am a Lush Mix Master so have found a better more practical use for my bubble bars. I slice of a little sliver and use this on my shower poof. It makes the best moisturizing foamy lather and you only need tiniest bit to get tons of lather. I usually use this with Its Raining Men shower gel...b/c I am not SUPER impressed with Lush's shower gels but when you put a drizzle of shower gel and a littel bit of the bubble bar on the poof ...smells great,,, feels great...totally makes it worth the price. I only didnt give it a 5 because i havent actually tried this in the bath yet. BTW smells like Honey I washed the Kids soap YUM!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Makes decent bubbles and I love the scent, to me its very similar to Honey I washed the kids. I don't like how it tends to turn bath water brown. I was able to get 3 uses out of one bar.