August 29, 2014 | 1756 users online

Mascara - Mirenesse Curling Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2007 5:32:00 PM More reviews by karenb2

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mirenesse "secret weapon" mascara
I've always had skimpy short lashes .. like my cat's. My natural lashes look like mink fur .. bone dead straight, short, and no curl.
I did a lot of research on mascaras, and thought I'd found the holy grail.
Anyway, with the mascara on, my lashes are still short and skimpy.
My lashes just look like short, skimpy lashes WITH mascara on them. I only used one coat because that's what was recommended.
I guess I just can't wear mascara. This mascara did nothing for me. My lashes were not surrounded in "tubes". "Tubes" of course, would've made my lashes thicker. This did not happen.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2006 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Creatrixdesign

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this mascara can go on a little clumsy, it truly does not leave you with raccoon eyes by the end of the day. It's easy to remove as well. In the evening, my mascara looks as fresh as it does in the morning, when I first put it on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 6:21:00 PM More reviews by rjez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

(edited Oct 2008, to add)
I found that extra tube of Mirenesse that I forgot to open. It's several years old now, but never opened so I decided to try it.

Since that time I've used so many other products but once again, I was amazed at how well this works. It doesn't give me DRAMATIC lashes like Too Faced lash Injection, but it separates and lengthens better than Kiss Me (new brush), Lorac Publicity Lashes (worst of all) and a couple of others.

It's a great mascara for the weekend day when I don't want drama and I don't want something smudging.

Wow - I initially purchased the Mirenesse pack just because it came with 2 mascaras. Same technology as Kiss Me mascara but less expensive so I figured it was worth the sample.

It's great! The wand is bristled and works *so* much better than the Kiss Me mascara wand. And it lasts longer than traditional mascara.

I would definitely repurchase. (The only thing I wish is to include a lengthener. I sometimes use a coating of fiber before I use Mirenesse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2002 7:56:00 PM More reviews by manon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The product name is "Secret Weapon Mascara," and I suppose it is Mirenesse's equivalent to Kiss Me Mascara, but when I remove it, it does not come off in little tubes. Nevertheless, this is an excellent mascara -- it lengthens dramatically, does not flake or smudge, and most importantly, holds a curl until I wash it off. This does not give me the lush fake eyelash look of YSL Faux Cils, but then, it costs much less and does not dry out quickly like Faux Cils. Plus, it comes in a smaller size for approx. $8.00 USD. A perfect mascara, available at adorebeauty.com.au.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2002 2:20:00 AM More reviews by sarayared

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so good it inspired me to write my first review, despite coming to this site for close to a year! I tested this against Definicils, my previous favourite and Mirenesse won hands down. Mirenesse looked more natural (yet still dramatic) and stayed put without flaking or smudging and clumping never is a problem. I especially love this mascara as I have very sensitive eyes but this feels like I'm wearing nothing and came off so easily as well (the eye I wore Definicils on ended up red and sore). I've never had a Holy Grail anything before - I'm usually way too fickle but this one has reached that status in my book. Apparently it uses the same technology as Kiss Me mascara (coating lashes with a tube rather then painting them) but I've read so many bad reviews of Kiss Me I just can't imagine they are that similar. This is an Australian brand and is available on several Australian websites include Mirenesse's own site and with the appaling exchange rate it's an absoulte bargain. continued >>