Cutex Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover

1.8

on 8/9/2015 8:08:00 PM

This Cutex non-acetone nail polish remover requires a lot of product just to remove one coat of nail polish. Typically I use a base coat, two polish coats, and a top coat. This makes me have to rub and rub and rub the remover over my nails to get the paint off. However, my main complaint is the odor. This is the most obnoxious smelling polish remover I have ever used, and I will never buy it again.

on 1/30/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cheap. Takes forever to remove. (Pro - no acetone, Con no acetone)

The one I have says "new improved formula." I find it still isn't the most effective nail polish remover. The smell isn't any better than previous ones I've tried either. On to the next...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got a bottle of this when I ran out of remover and this was all I could find at the nearest shop.
Good thing this is only temporary.

Pros:
-Cheap
-Doesnt smell as much as some other removers
-Easy to find

Cons:
-Does the job badly, you have to really grind your nails with it to get it to even try to come up. Took way too much effort.
-Even though theyre marketing it as being somewhat gentle, it isnt.
-Dried out my nail beds
-Stung my cuticles

on 2/9/2014 5:34:00 PM

Do not buy Cutex non acetone nail polish remover, ever. I had decided to give myself a manicure. I took lots of time to exfoliate and moisturizer my hands, push back my cuticles...the whole nine yards. I rarely wear nail polish so my polish job looked awful after two days. Time to take it off. So I reach for this product to remove the botched polish job. Well it took forever, it's still not all off, but I couldn't subject my hands to anymore time soaked in the remover. A week later my finger tips, cuticles and nails look horrible they are so dried out. So much for pampering my hands on Super Bowl Sunday. I had better luck with my impromptu haircut the same evening. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice polish remover?

on 6/18/2012 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

These types of non acetone polish removers are the reason I only use 100% acetone now. It simply does NOT remove polish unless you super saturate a cotton pad with it and go over it again and again and again, each time pouring more of the remover on to the pad. I spent more time trying to remove my nail polish with this remover than trimming, buffing and applying polish. I don't wear nail polish all the time so the concern of acetone drying up my nails is no big deal but now when ever I have to remove polish I only use acetone.

on 10/22/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have enviornmental concerns, so I decided to not use acetone. I kind of hate non-acetone removers! I would spend so much friggin' time getting the nail polish off, that by the time I had finished, I was too tired to cut, file, and re-polish.

I bought a second bottle, again, loving the enviornment more than the time I was spending, wrestling my glitter polishes. It wasn't until I let my friend borrow the remover that I became utterly embarassed by the ineffectiveness of it. She was wrestling with her nail polish too.

I got so fed up, that I decided, not only am I not going to care about acetone being in my remover, I'm going to buy 100% acetone. Boy oh boy! It was like the clouds split open, the sun shined down, and a chior of angels were singing!

NEVER AGAIN WITH NON-ACETONE REMOVERS!

This product is AWFUL!! I bought this because I was looking for a non acetone remover and the bottle really was attractive. This is the WORST polish remover I have EVER used.
It is completely useless. It doesn't even remove the product! And it smells like decaying...something.
None the less, I saved the bottle so I could use it for other removers. That's probably the only good thing.

on 7/5/2010 11:03:00 PM

Bought this because of the "gentle" and "acetone-free" concept... worst decision ever. Doesn't work and leaves a chemical plant-like smell even after multiple hand washes. After undergraduate organic chemistry lab class, I also have decided that acetone is the best thing ever. Screw you acetone-free!!!

on 4/19/2010 3:26:00 PM

plain horrible. It took me 30 minutes to scrub nail polish off my toes with this product. It shouldnt even be sold as a nail polish remover. probably the worst product ive ever used

Popular Treatments