Cutex Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover

1.8

on 1/30/2015 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Cheap. Takes forever to remove. (Pro - no acetone, Con no acetone)

The one I have says "new improved formula." I find it still isn't the most effective nail polish remover. The smell isn't any better than previous ones I've tried either. On to the next...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I got a bottle of this when I ran out of remover and this was all I could find at the nearest shop.
Good thing this is only temporary.

Pros:
-Cheap
-Doesnt smell as much as some other removers
-Easy to find

Cons:
-Does the job badly, you have to really grind your nails with it to get it to even try to come up. Took way too much effort.
-Even though theyre marketing it as being somewhat gentle, it isnt.
-Dried out my nail beds
-Stung my cuticles

on 2/9/2014 5:34:00 PM

Do not buy Cutex non acetone nail polish remover, ever. I had decided to give myself a manicure. I took lots of time to exfoliate and moisturizer my hands, push back my cuticles...the whole nine yards. I rarely wear nail polish so my polish job looked awful after two days. Time to take it off. So I reach for this product to remove the botched polish job. Well it took forever, it's still not all off, but I couldn't subject my hands to anymore time soaked in the remover. A week later my finger tips, cuticles and nails look horrible they are so dried out. So much for pampering my hands on Super Bowl Sunday. I had better luck with my impromptu haircut the same evening. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice polish remover?

on 6/18/2012 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

These types of non acetone polish removers are the reason I only use 100% acetone now. It simply does NOT remove polish unless you super saturate a cotton pad with it and go over it again and again and again, each time pouring more of the remover on to the pad. I spent more time trying to remove my nail polish with this remover than trimming, buffing and applying polish. I don't wear nail polish all the time so the concern of acetone drying up my nails is no big deal but now when ever I have to remove polish I only use acetone.

on 10/22/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have enviornmental concerns, so I decided to not use acetone. I kind of hate non-acetone removers! I would spend so much friggin' time getting the nail polish off, that by the time I had finished, I was too tired to cut, file, and re-polish.

I bought a second bottle, again, loving the enviornment more than the time I was spending, wrestling my glitter polishes. It wasn't until I let my friend borrow the remover that I became utterly embarassed by the ineffectiveness of it. She was wrestling with her nail polish too.

I got so fed up, that I decided, not only am I not going to care about acetone being in my remover, I'm going to buy 100% acetone. Boy oh boy! It was like the clouds split open, the sun shined down, and a chior of angels were singing!

NEVER AGAIN WITH NON-ACETONE REMOVERS!

on 5/2/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This remover is such crap. It took me a half an hour to remove polish from my nails - and it was JUST polish, no base or top coat. The worst part - the skin on my thumb, pointer and middle fingers (the ones holding the napkin I used to rub off the polish) was completely dried out and cracked. One of my thumbs PEELED and is now red, wrinkly and completely gross. NEVER AGAIN will I even look at this garbage.

This product is AWFUL!! I bought this because I was looking for a non acetone remover and the bottle really was attractive. This is the WORST polish remover I have EVER used.
It is completely useless. It doesn't even remove the product! And it smells like decaying...something.
None the less, I saved the bottle so I could use it for other removers. That's probably the only good thing.

on 7/5/2010 11:03:00 PM

Bought this because of the "gentle" and "acetone-free" concept... worst decision ever. Doesn't work and leaves a chemical plant-like smell even after multiple hand washes. After undergraduate organic chemistry lab class, I also have decided that acetone is the best thing ever. Screw you acetone-free!!!

on 4/19/2010 3:26:00 PM

plain horrible. It took me 30 minutes to scrub nail polish off my toes with this product. It shouldnt even be sold as a nail polish remover. probably the worst product ive ever used

Top Rated Cutex Products