December 17, 2014 | 1785 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Vegas Volt

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I know this lipstick has great reviews and I want to feel the same, but I wasn't that impressed.

The color isn't bad, though corals are not usually my thing. I'm cool-toned with green eyes and light brown hair, so it looks pretty good and would be a good summer color. I just want to say however that this color is borderline orange, and can look bad if applied too heavily. It also clashes with any redness in the skin, so if you have rosacea or are acne-prone like me, I do not recommend this shade.

I do agree that it brightens the face when used sparingly, but for whatever reason, this color seems to gather into any creases/crevices it can, which is never an attractive look. Maybe I will try this again with a primer, but in general I feel sort of meh towards this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by tahneethomas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG of lipsticks! I mostly wear this when i'm feeling lazy with my makeup, it makes me look like i've gone to a lot of effort and is so eyecatchingly beautiful. Of all of my MAC lipsticks this is by far my favourite; goes on like a dream, long lasting, goes with everything and upgrades my look completely. Cannot recommend enough, and i'm not a huge lipstick wearer but if you're going to buy any lipstick then this should be it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by priiia

Love this shade!! Gives a nice peachy matt look, lovely color for daily use. Quite moisturizing. Great shade. I wear it to work all the time. It looks great, I receive compliments all the time :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not one to normally wear bright lip colours, but lately I've felt compelled to challenge myself! I'm NW20 and normally have gingery-brown coloured hair. I'd bought this a few months ago with good intentions but hadn't touched it. Though I've recently had my hair dyed a vibrant dark purple, and this turned out to be the perfect bold lip colour to wear with it! I discovered the MAC Lasting Sensation lip pencil in my stash (originally bought to wear with MAC Ravishing, perhaps?) which turned out to be the perfect lip liner to complement this shade - Vegas Volt didn't look as polished worn without it.

The Amplified formula is creamy and comfortable to wear, yet intensely pigmented - Vegas Volt comes up as almost neon in person, but doesn't translate quite the same in photos. I got a good ~4 hours wear out of it, but needed to touch up after eating. An ideal shade for those who want to wear a bright lip but don't like red lips - this is the most gorgeous high octane orange-red, which would complement a wide range of skin tones, both pale and dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

I bought this today without trying it on and when I got outside of Macy's I sat down and put some on I was surprised and I actually like it alot it is very creamy and bright it is similar to crosswires and toying around and sushi kiss but sushi kiss is lighter orange and toying around has more of a pink tone but of all the orange lipsticks I own which are see sheer, toying around, vegas volt and sushi kiss I would repurchase vegas volt its a nice color.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by hippychic823

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this lipstick.....but on my NC40-ish skin it came off too bright and looked garish on me. Also the texture was too creamy?? It was too greasy feeling and bright for me which is a shame cause I was hoping it would be a sexy summer coral but alas, it just wasn't for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:00:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love MAC's Amplified lipstick line. Highly pigmented, creamy thick lipsticks.
This shade is perfect for tanner / darker skin tones, for that nice contrast, since it comes off brighter than how it appears to be on the tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is such a lovely shade! However I would not recommend it to people with darker Asian skin and it looks awful! But I've seen it on lighter skin tones! I wouldn't recommend for NC35 and above.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Coral colours don't suit me most of the time, but this colour.. OMG I am in love with it! Normally I tend to wear nude shades so this is pretty much far out of my comfort zone. Whenever I wear this lipstick I get so many compliments! Lasting power is great. I do think it it dries a little bit after a couple of hours, so make sure to hydrate your lips beforehand. Definetely will repurchase!

For reference: I'm a NC25-30, green eyes and dark brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by ilikemybed

Vegas Volt is an amazing lipstick. I went to the MAC counter wanting a really bright coral shade. Looking through them all, Morange was the brightest, but really it would be more suited to night time wear. I wanted something that could bring me from day to night. Vegas Volt is a muted down version of Morange, so its perfectly subtle to wear during the day. If you want it to really pop at night, you can team with with the liner that was suggested to me, called What a Blast. This totally transforms the colour of the lipstick and makes it a powerful orange pop. I am super super pale (probably NC15 or lighter), and thought I couldn't pull off any coral shades. But these work with my skin tone perfectly!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No