MAC Vegas Volt

4.3

on 3/17/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this in 2007 when it was in the Raquel Welch Icon collection. I used it up, then bought another last year. I'm glad it's part of their permanent collection. Strange thing, the color doesn't appear bright orange on me like it does in these photos. It looks like medium peach. Could be my olive skin tone. My skin can take on vivid makeup colors and turn them into neutrals! LOL! For reference, I'm a brunette with blue-green eyes and NC25-30.

on 3/15/2015 2:37:00 PM

I was very surprised by this lipstick Colour. Bright corals tend to look neon orange or neon Pink on my very Pigmented dark rosy lips (light Medium/Olive skintone). People have called Vegas Volt very orange, so i shied away from yet another too garish "coral" for the longest time. In Reality, it is the darkest coral that is not yet red on me, And quite muted! A Lot More Day time friendly than i would have thought!

on 3/12/2015 5:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

There was nothing wrong with this lipstick other than the color itself. Totally orange instead of coral, but it looked amazing on my olive skinned friend. Did absolutely nothing for me. But in general, the wear and opacity of this shade are to be praised.

on 1/24/2015 1:54:00 PM

Pros: lovely coral, smells awesome, creamy and pigmented
Cons: price and settles into lines and does not last all day

I have gotten compliments whenever I wear this. If used sparingly, it's a nice coral but with a heavy hand, has a tendency to look bright orange. I'm keeping this in stock because this is my first ever MAC purchase and it is expensive (lol) but I don't think I'm going to hoard this if ever MAC announces they'll be stopping production..
If used on it's own with no blotting and setting, it will last 2 hours and has a tendency to leave a mild stain. If one goes through the entire hullaballo of setting and blotting it will last you 4 hours with slight fading. I've had this for a little over a year and I still have so much as I don't reach for this too often.

on 12/25/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great spring summer color that actually I've been able to make it work in the fall with olive clothing. On my NC-44 skin it's like a bright neon peach, I've gotten a lot of compliments. The only problem is that it doesn't last long, very creamy tho and pigmented but I goes that's all amplified lippies deliver.

on 12/3/2014 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I know this lipstick has great reviews and I want to feel the same, but I wasn't that impressed.

The color isn't bad, though corals are not usually my thing. I'm cool-toned with green eyes and light brown hair, so it looks pretty good and would be a good summer color. I just want to say however that this color is borderline orange, and can look bad if applied too heavily. It also clashes with any redness in the skin, so if you have rosacea or are acne-prone like me, I do not recommend this shade.

I do agree that it brightens the face when used sparingly, but for whatever reason, this color seems to gather into any creases/crevices it can, which is never an attractive look. Maybe I will try this again with a primer, but in general I feel sort of meh towards this color.

on 10/16/2014 4:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

My HG of lipsticks! I mostly wear this when i'm feeling lazy with my makeup, it makes me look like i've gone to a lot of effort and is so eyecatchingly beautiful. Of all of my MAC lipsticks this is by far my favourite; goes on like a dream, long lasting, goes with everything and upgrades my look completely. Cannot recommend enough, and i'm not a huge lipstick wearer but if you're going to buy any lipstick then this should be it!

on 10/2/2014 3:32:00 PM

Love this shade!! Gives a nice peachy matt look, lovely color for daily use. Quite moisturizing. Great shade. I wear it to work all the time. It looks great, I receive compliments all the time :)

on 9/21/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I'm not one to normally wear bright lip colours, but lately I've felt compelled to challenge myself! I'm NW20 and normally have gingery-brown coloured hair. I'd bought this a few months ago with good intentions but hadn't touched it. Though I've recently had my hair dyed a vibrant dark purple, and this turned out to be the perfect bold lip colour to wear with it! I discovered the MAC Lasting Sensation lip pencil in my stash (originally bought to wear with MAC Ravishing, perhaps?) which turned out to be the perfect lip liner to complement this shade - Vegas Volt didn't look as polished worn without it.

The Amplified formula is creamy and comfortable to wear, yet intensely pigmented - Vegas Volt comes up as almost neon in person, but doesn't translate quite the same in photos. I got a good ~4 hours wear out of it, but needed to touch up after eating. An ideal shade for those who want to wear a bright lip but don't like red lips - this is the most gorgeous high octane orange-red, which would complement a wide range of skin tones, both pale and dark.

I bought this today without trying it on and when I got outside of Macy's I sat down and put some on I was surprised and I actually like it alot it is very creamy and bright it is similar to crosswires and toying around and sushi kiss but sushi kiss is lighter orange and toying around has more of a pink tone but of all the orange lipsticks I own which are see sheer, toying around, vegas volt and sushi kiss I would repurchase vegas volt its a nice color.

Popular Lipsticks