July 22, 2014 | 2058 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Vegas Volt

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is such a lovely shade! However I would not recommend it to people with darker Asian skin and it looks awful! But I've seen it on lighter skin tones! I wouldn't recommend for NC35 and above.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Coral colours don't suit me most of the time, but this colour.. OMG I am in love with it! Normally I tend to wear nude shades so this is pretty much far out of my comfort zone. Whenever I wear this lipstick I get so many compliments! Lasting power is great. I do think it it dries a little bit after a couple of hours, so make sure to hydrate your lips beforehand. Definetely will repurchase!

For reference: I'm a NC25-30, green eyes and dark brown hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by ilikemybed

Vegas Volt is an amazing lipstick. I went to the MAC counter wanting a really bright coral shade. Looking through them all, Morange was the brightest, but really it would be more suited to night time wear. I wanted something that could bring me from day to night. Vegas Volt is a muted down version of Morange, so its perfectly subtle to wear during the day. If you want it to really pop at night, you can team with with the liner that was suggested to me, called What a Blast. This totally transforms the colour of the lipstick and makes it a powerful orange pop. I am super super pale (probably NC15 or lighter), and thought I couldn't pull off any coral shades. But these work with my skin tone perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by yourbeautypig

OMG, where do i start. this probably has to be one of my favorite mac lipsticks of all time. the color, amazeballs. it is the perfect coral with a mix of pink, red and orange. This suits so many skin tones and can brighten/ liven up your look instantly. The formulation is so very excellent. It is a cremesheen formula so it applies on smoothly but do be careful because it might cling on to dry patches so make sure you use a lip scrub beforehand. Since vegas volt is an amplified finish, i love how you just have to apply it once and you are set to go. No need for layering. It lasts throughout the day. Even after eating or drinking, i find this leaves a pretty coral stain.
If you are looking for a mac lipstick to add to your collection or one for every occasion (everyday or going out), vegas volt is the one. I can rave on and on about this. Oh and this lipstick looks really nice paired with a peach eyeshadow and winged liner + mascara!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

This lipstick is just not for me. I love mac lipsticks, and love the amplified finish, but I think it is just too neon for me. I am an Nw20 for reference, and this just does not work with my skin tone. It also can appear a little 80's if you're not careful. The quality is okay. I find that it fades quickly than my two other amplified finish lipsticks. Think it would suit medium skin tone better.

Ps. I managed to make this work by pairing with my NYX butter gloss in Creme Brulee. The pink color of that gloss really tones vegas volt down, making it more suitable with my skintone. So if you find it is too bright you could try pairing with a pink lipgloss like I did, hopefully you will have luck with that as I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Emmylou28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I literally just bought this a few hours ago. I wanted to get something different for spring summer. I. Love. This. Lipstick. It's sooo pigmented. It's the perfect pop of coral. It really brightens my face. I was a little scared when I first tried it on. It looked neon orange at first, but then it fades to an oh so beautiful coral. I'm so excited I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow. I think this will work on all skin tones. Amazing.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by brennface23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i have naturally fair skin so finding a coral that doesnt look like clown lipstick was tough. enter this lovely little tube of perfection. highly pigmented, creamy and long lasting. even my husband who normally prefers no bright lip colors loves this on me. also doesnt make my teeth look yellow which is awesome. i gave the price only 3 stars because MAC lipsticks are normally expensive, however i happen live near an outlet mall that has a cosmetic store full of MAC products at discounted prices... like $11 for this gem.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've owned Vegas Volt for a long time. It's a revved up coral. It's GORGEOUS. I live for coral and orange lips. This can be use as a nice light pop of color. Sometimes I dab this on and finish with MAC Pink Lemonade lipglass. It wears so beautifully it's creamy and pigmented. Or its paired awesome with a classy pin up look or summer party look.

It suits so many skin tones. I also use it as blush sometimes because I also live for orange and coral blushes. It's a 2 in one product. Worth every penny.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really tried to love this shade but I was left disappointed, for a MAC lipstick I expected better and maybe it was just poor choice on my behalf but this just wasn't for me. I've since given it away to my Mum and she seems to like it better.

The thing with this was that the coral-peach colour really washed me out. It made me look so pasty and sickly, anytime I tried to give it a shot I ended up wiping it off before I left the house.
The finish itself was quite greasy in my opinion but even still it managed to somehow make my lips look dry, wasn't very pretty.

Overall I wouldn't rate this lipstick very highly, mainly because it did not suit my really pale complexion. It seems to look a lot better on darker skins, so it's probably just a pale people problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by yoshiii

Such a pretty color! (The picture here is kind of scary up-close....probably better to google image "mac vegas volt" for a more accurate color). I think this color tends to show differently on various people -- I have yellow undertones, so on me it looks a tad orangy, but still a beautiful pink coral color. It's easy to get rid of the orange tone when combined with other pink lip balms/glosses to neutralize the orange out.

The color lasts a long time and is very pigmented. Also has MAC's signature subtle vanilla flavor on all MAC lipsticks.

My only gripes are the lipstick reallyyyy shows your cracks (although it doesn't feel like a drying lipstick) and yes $16 for a tube is a bit pricey in general for lipstick (well, if you use Tom Ford/YSL...then $16 is a total discount lol).

I tried applying the MAC lip primer at the store prior to applying the lipstick as recommended by the SA, but I didn't feel it really helped. I used Nivea's coral-colored lip balm in combo with the lipstick and that worked better in not showing the cracks and taking out the tad orange hue on me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No