December 20, 2014 | 1682 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by NC11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one great product! Awesome lasting colour and great moist consistency. Was originally looking for a nude lavender but I decided to "up the amp" and finally try this. A nice alternative to my other fav, Candy Yum Yum. Why wear boring "old lady" colours when MAC makes such a great medium depth plum?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really love this colour and I think it is truly unique. I couldn't believe it suits me due to my transparent skin tone but it is dramatic in a non-over the top way. I use either Subculture or Magenta liner with it. I love it with a warm brown grungy eye, my hair in a topknot and quite wispy lashes.

Mac describes it as a lavender violet. I think it more of a blue based mauve-dark lilac with an off pink tone to it too. It is an amplified lipstick so it is quite pigmented and has a sheen to it but is creamy to wear. It doesn't have the same staying power as the mattes but I would get up to five hours if I have a liner underneath.

Will continue to buy it for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Received this in the All About Plum Mac make up kit for free. This little gem is gorgeous,goes on smooth & is long wearing. I usually prefer matte or frost lipstick because others are too shiny.This is amplified creme which makes it very opaque which is a plus since I have pigmented lips. I also have Mac Heroine & Mac Seductive Intent so thought 2 purple lipsticks were more than enough. I was wrong this color is a lavender that pulls lilac & mauve but doesn't make warm toned ladies look ghastly. I have yellow & orange undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Bossyespy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am glad I purchased this lipstick. Didn't expect to love it so much but it really is so pretty on me. I think it is a colour that will fit most skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have waited for too long to pick this up. It was out at the local counter so I ordered it. I am so happy I did. This is just so freaking gorgeous. It is a lavender violet color and it’s more midtone, nothing bright. It’s just a perfect berry shade that I never stop loving. Its super flattering on so many people. This is in an amplified crème formula, which is new to me, and I love it.
I got sick of having “dupes” of it and decided to get it. BTW, the dupes are not the same. Now having the original, the famous dupe of Revlon Berry Haute (which is a favorite of mine) is not the same color. It is slightly darker. I know it doesn’t matter but there IS a small difference.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best mid-toned purple lip! I'm an nw/nc20 (really nw but wear nc to play down redness)... This is very complementary to my skin. Brings green out in eyes! Walks the perfect balance bw a deep(er) color and creaminess ... Just creamy enough to carry the color off --- sometimes darker shades are so creamy they melt and smear off or so matte they're dry, but this is perfect. Creamy yet stays put. I find this is usually difficult for companies to carry out. Prob won't have to repurchase cause I don't wear often but this will always be my go-to purple lip! Funky but not over the top, you won't look silly, lighter than being vampy... Just truly a unique shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would never imagine myself using a purple lipstick but eventually I did and loved it. This is the best violet purple. Up the amp complements my NW20 skin with pink/cool undertones. It makes my skin look less red. I usually wear a black top or a dark grey when I wear this lipstick in order to make it stand out more, looks very sophisticated. It leans more purple than pink on my lips. I also love its creamy formula, soften my lips and fades beautifully. What can I say more, love this lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too blue tone for my yellow skin tone... I suggest Granache from Bite if you want a flatering option for purplely tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely part of my top MAC lipstick shades.
It comes off as more pink than purple, despite how it appears.
The purple is very subtle, so it's easy to rock with any outfit/skintone/occasion.

This is a better alternative to Limecrime's Airborne Unicorn, which looks very tacky to me.
If you want a bolder shade, go with MAC's Heroine.
Up the Amp is the less-amped version of Heroine, I'd say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite MAC shade, although I'm bummed because it looks awful against my red hair currently. But that will be fixed soon. ;)

Anyways, I have very light pink lips and NC20 skin tone. On me, this color leans a lot more lavender than pink and is very wearable. It looks beautiful against varieties of blue and purple hair. I believe the finish is amplified and lasts about 2-3 hours until it needs touch ups. The color covers easily and feels moisturizing.