October 22, 2014 | 1780 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best mid-toned purple lip! I'm an nw/nc20 (really nw but wear nc to play down redness)... This is very complementary to my skin. Brings green out in eyes! Walks the perfect balance bw a deep(er) color and creaminess ... Just creamy enough to carry the color off --- sometimes darker shades are so creamy they melt and smear off or so matte they're dry, but this is perfect. Creamy yet stays put. I find this is usually difficult for companies to carry out. Prob won't have to repurchase cause I don't wear often but this will always be my go-to purple lip! Funky but not over the top, you won't look silly, lighter than being vampy... Just truly a unique shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by narkiz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Up the amp complements my NW20 skin with pink/cool undertones. This color is so unique never had a lipstick that looks like this and I also think it is hard to find a dupe of this color. It makes my skin look less red. It leans more purple than pink on my lips. I also love its creamy formula, soften my lips. Love this lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Too blue tone for my yellow skin tone... I suggest Granache from Bite if you want a flatering option for purplely tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely part of my top MAC lipstick shades.
It comes off as more pink than purple, despite how it appears.
The purple is very subtle, so it's easy to rock with any outfit/skintone/occasion.

This is a better alternative to Limecrime's Airborne Unicorn, which looks very tacky to me.
If you want a bolder shade, go with MAC's Heroine.
Up the Amp is the less-amped version of Heroine, I'd say.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite MAC shade, although I'm bummed because it looks awful against my red hair currently. But that will be fixed soon. ;)

Anyways, I have very light pink lips and NC20 skin tone. On me, this color leans a lot more lavender than pink and is very wearable. It looks beautiful against varieties of blue and purple hair. I believe the finish is amplified and lasts about 2-3 hours until it needs touch ups. The color covers easily and feels moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by whimsicalcreature

I love Up The Amp!
I've bought it about 3 times, and (it could be because my hair was purple and it matched well)
however, it's not SO purple that it's like 'BOOM'. (even when my hair isn't purple..)
It's very pretty and I'm a NC25 in MAC shades and it's still flattering!

I wish it didn't come off so easily but it is an amplified formula so I guess that's the only con for me.
It doesn't flake at all; like a matte shade might.
: )

Will buy again~

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by biniya123

I love the color its beautiful with purple and pink tones. it suits my skin tone well im medium light. would def recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nadooshi474

One of my top favorites from mac! Love the formula and the beautiful purple color. Great on tan and dark skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by RhondaGrl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful shade of lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite MAC colors. I found it yesterday and decided to put it on. I then realized how much I missed it all summer. Beautiful pinky purple that I think is pretty for most skin tones. Brightens up your face and your mood.