April 19, 2014 | 1432 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Verite Special Eye Care

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by seh075

i just came across this eye cream recently when searching for a basic, hydrating, sensitive eye cream. pretty much all eye creams i've tried prior (with the exception of the avene basic eye cream in a tube) make the skin around my eyes burn.
this estee lauder product does not. i sincerely love this product and felt i found a gem after searching for years. it moistures so well and doesn't sting at all.

alas, no joy can last forever. fun fact - this item is being discontinued by estee lauder. :( sniff. time to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by outofherhead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have only recently switched to this moisturizer. I have used the more expensive re-nutriv eye creams by Estee Lauder faithfully for my entire adult life. I think they work. But having only used them, I am not that great a judge. I would try others that I would recieve as samples, such as Clarins, Clinic, Dermalogica, and others, but always loved how emollient Estee Lauder's eye creams were. I changed to this particular product because of the ingredients that it does not contain (for example it is fragrant free) and because of the packaging.

It seems to be just fine and very comparable to the re-nutriv I was using, the only thing being, that perhaps I may just be using a bit more, to compensate, I am not sure since it's only been three months that I have been using it. Time will tell.

Here is a list of what it doesn't contain.
FORMULA FACTS
Extensively safety-tested on sensitive skin
Dermatologist-tested
Ophthalmologist-tested
Allergy-tested
Fragrance-free
Alcohol-free
Emulsifier-free
Free of common allergens
Free of dyes and colorants

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful eye cream for sensitive eyes like mine. I've used it off and on for years but have recently gone back due to eye irritations. It's in a squeeze tube which is a huge plus, I can't stand dipping into pots or tubs. It's a smooth non-greasy cream that glides on and soothes. It does help with my fine little lines and wears well under makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here we have another great EL product and a new addition to my HG collection, mostly made up of EL products :-) I really did like the ANR Eye treatment but the jar packaging deterorating the great ingredients turned me off. So I was thrilled to find a very under adversited EL eye cream that has great ingredients, moisturizes my under eye area and is in a great package from EL!! Paula B also gives this one high marks. It is very cooling and hydrating, the only issue I have is the .5 oz for $50 dollars is a bit steep, so I will take one lippie away for that. Of course the packaging is great and allows for just the drop you need and that may allow for prolonged use. Overall, I am very happy with the product and would buy again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by georgia21

This is a great eye product for sensitive skin. Unfortunately, it's not moisturizing enough for my skin, which is also dry to very dry. I would use it if I could.

It's so nice to see an eye cream in a sanitary tube container. If the cap were larger and flatter the tube could stand up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by applecore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

For awhile I had given up trying to find the perfect eye cream for my sensitive dry skin. Now that Iím in my early 30s, Iím starting to think more about preventing wrinkles so I really wanted a gentle yet effective eye cream and a friend told me about the Verite line and I found that Beautypedia rates it highly. Iíve been using nightly for about a month and my skin looks way more hydrated and refreshed, slight fine lines have disappeared, and I havenít had any irritation or milia. This is the kind of eye cream that you will slowly see a difference with since itís not full of silicones to superficially reduce the visibility of lines only while youíre wearing it. I donít use it under makeup as I feel that any eye cream thatís really hydrating enough (which this definitely is for me) will be too emollient to wear well with makeup. I love the sanitary tube since I wonít use anything that comes in a jar. I really appreciate how gentle this is while being effective. Definitely my HG eye cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Been using this for almost 2 weeks now.My eyes seem brighter and not puffy.But, it still hasn't done much for my fine lines around my eyes yet.The texture feels a little sticky but, its not bothersome.There is no fragrance or irritation with this eye cream.It is the only eye cream that I have found that has a safe and non- irritating ingredients list.
Update:At first the sticky texture was not a bother but,after a while it did begin to annoy me.I really did like the way this eye cream made my eyes look but,I just couldn't stand the texture so,I switched over to Clinique's All About Eyes(the regular one,not the rich,which is irritating).The All About Eyes also has a non-irritating ingredients list(Estee Lauder owns Clinique so,that is probably why). It glides on and makes the skin around your eyes super smooth and can be worn under makeup.If they ever change the texture of the verite,maybe by removing the petrolatum which is causing it to feel sticky,then I would definitely use it again because, it is an amazing eye cream without a doubt.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pwm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best eye moisturizer I have found. It takes just a little to hydrate the under eye area. It has made my skin noticeably smoother looking. I love the fact that it hydrates the area without being greasy.I am in my 60's so I am very picky about finding what works . The tube lasts a long time , so is worth the money. it seems to be little known-I read about it on Beautypedia as a top rated eye cream, and for sensitive skin. I am so thankful I tried it! I will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by yellowbird101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This eye cream is especially good if you have sensitive skin. I have searched high and low for a cream that doesn't irritate my dry lids, and this is the best I have found so far. It is so mild that it doesn't even matter if you get this in the eye (although this is not recommended with any eye cream!). It offers a good level of moisture to the delicate skin around the eye (although I would like a little more at night...). I have found with most other eye creams (ranging from the very pricy to cheap and cheerful) that I cannot open my eyes after applying, as the 'fumes' from the cream make my eyes water profusely... Making me wipe it all off with tears and tissues... Also other eye creams irritate my skin around the eye - making them puffy and red. This cream is fragrance-free and very gentle... I definitely will be re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mxk2

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Outstanding eye cream!! It is not silicone-based, which is important to me, as my skin does not do well with silicone-based products. It is totally fragrance-free (seriously - ZERO fragrance), no coloring agents, no irritants, and my concealer blends beautifully over the top of this. After I had been using for about a week or so, I noticed my under-eye area actually started to look better - smoother, less dry, just overall better. Heck yea I'd repurchase - and I already have!