Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Vegetable soap base, parfum (fragrance), buttermilk powder, oat kernel flour, titanium dioxide, limonene

on 1/21/2014 3:00:00 AM

I don`t have kids, so I bought this for myself! :-) My biggest problem was that it is currently unavailable on their website, so I have to buy a baby kit at Target to get the soap. I hope they are coming out with this again or a similar mild baby soap. I really like it, it looks adorable, and doesn`t have a too strong baby smell that makes me gag. It is a very bit drying on my face, just a tiny bit, but mind that I have really dry skin. I don`t mind. It looks cute, smells nice, it is gentle and doesn`t dry my skin out as much as other soaps would. Actually I can`t remember if I ever used a better soap, lol. The best thing is that it doesn`t seem like my pores soak it up, more like it cleans well and leaves the skin `natural`, no chemicals absorbed. The cons are: can`t find it, and in the kit at least it is tiny! Otherwise I will probably buy it again for myself. :-)

on 12/23/2011 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I usually reach for bar soaps instead of shower gels when it comes to my body and this bar is most def. a staple product. It's very moisturizing and leaves me feeling super clean. I wish the smell was a bit stronger though. I don't think i'd wash my son with this bar though (i'd rather use "billie goat soap" on him) because i once used this baby bee bar to wash my face and it burned my eyes like a mutha f!!!

on 5/3/2011 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I truly love this adorable little soap. First of all, the packaging is so cute and the bar is very cute as well. It smells so softly sweet. When I use this this I feel super squeaky clean. The smell doesn't linger on your skin and that's a bummer, cause the scent is just heavenly. I will keep repurchasing this for as long as they make it.

on 5/3/2011 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Got this in the 2010 holiday grab bag. For a bar soap this is quite moisturizing (I usually stay away from bar soaps because they leave residue and are very drying). Does not melt too quickly, and I like that it comes in biodegradable packaging and that the ingredients are natural. May purchase again.

I use bar soaps only usually when I'm traveling for convenience. I'm not typically a fan of bar soaps in general, but this is tops!
It's creamy and nourishing and, being an increasingly finicky label snob, has ingredients I approve of. It's not drying at all like your typical run-of-the-mill bar soaps.
It's so beautifully packaged and wrapped and one bar lasts quite a while.

on 1/2/2011 6:15:00 AM

i wash my kids with this and they have never had a reaction its perfect! it smells lovely and isint drying, i also use it on myself once in a while even tho i have useing soap bars but its so lovely! defoo recomend for kids who have reactions to johnsons!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I used to buy this product all the time. It was my favorite face soap, even though I don't have any children. The soap w as just perfect for my sensitive/combination/acne-prone skin. The scent was very light. Last year, they changed their formula. I confirmed this by calling the company. The box that I have has a different ingredient list then even THEIR website! Makeupalley is the only place that I have seen that reflects the change. I am so disappointed that they changed the formula! They took the honey out of it. Limolene was also added. That is known to sometimes clog pores, I have heard. I bought two bars, and I had a reaction on my face to the first bar. I couldn't figure out why, until I looked at the box and read the ingredient change. I have one bar left that I will probably just use on my body. I won't be buying this again. I don't know why companies always have to change formulas! If it works, don't change anything! I love the shape of the soap and the cute packaging and the smell. Sadly, I had to find another soap that works better for me on my face. I find natural soaps work best for my skin versus liquid face cleansers, despite what many people say that soap is bad for your skin. I disagree with this, because if it is TRUE soap then it is ok. The detergents and chemicals in many "soaps" are what makes people's skin dry out. Those aren't real soaps at all. I'm glad this still works well for some people, just not for me anymore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Only bar soap I use. It cleanses without drying my skin out. I actually use it for shaving too since its so gentle and non-irritating for me, leaving my skin soft and smooth afterwards. Works better than the actual shave lotion I have.

Natural ingredients are a plus, although I don't think the fragrance is natural. Cosmetics/skin care companies aren't required to disclose what they use for scents and simply list it as "parfum". I do agree it is a nice scent nevertheless.

on 7/14/2009 4:34:00 AM

As far as bar soaps are concerned, this is my FAVORITE. It cleans without leaving me feeling dry, and it works well on my face as well. I love the light scent of baby powder. It isn't overpowering and I can use my perfumes with no worry about mixing scents. I like to follow this up with the baby lotion during the summer months for a nice, cool clean feeling. It even works well on hair!

on 1/18/2009 11:11:00 PM

I love this soap! It smells sooo good and it leaves my skin soft. I only gave it 4 lippies because although IMO it is perfect in every other way, it is kind of expensive for one bar of soap. Otherwise, no complaints at all!