September 1, 2014 | 2158 users online

Masks - Mario Badescu - Strawberry Tonic Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 7:58:00 AM More reviews by cysteine

I received this as part of my sample pack from Mario Badescu.

It smelled delicious at first, but the more I've gotten used it, the more it smells weirdly artificial? Anyway, it feels nice, but no more than most masks do. Effect (both positive and negative) seems negligible. Comes in a jar, so dispensing it is a little unhygienic.

Overall, the Mario Badescu pack has been pretty moisturizing, but also made me break out slightly more often than my normal routine.

INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Kaolin, Seamollient, Wheat Starch,PVP,Sclerotium Gum, Balsam Peru, Zinc Oxide, Strawberry Extract

Price: 18 USD for 2oz

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 7:50:00 AM More reviews by pocketelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best smelling mask I have ever used and also my most favorite mask in the mario badescu line. It doesn't clean my pores as well as other masks but it does tighten my pores and leaves my face with a glowy dewy finish. Because I simply love the smell of the mask, I'm definitely purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of this product after completing Mario Badescu's online skin consultation. My mom is a big fan of Mario Badescu and I have come to associate the line with quality ingredients and excellent customer service.

Product guide claims:
- Reduces blackheads and congestion
- Refreshes and revives dull skin
- Cleans and tightens pores

I used this product as directed. It is a pale pink color and feels like clay. I loved how the mask felt-- very "spa-like" and relaxing. After removing the mask, I noticed that my skin was certainly smoother and my pores were clearer. I have some blackheads on my nose, which did not disappear but my skin was no longer bumpy.

I have used this product three times and love the experience. It feels indulgent and luxurious, cleaning and smoothing my skin. To me, it is not a must have but a bonus to any skin care regimen.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I didn't like this. It smells wonderful and feels pretty nice when you have it on, and it's pink, but it doesn't do anything. When I wash it off I look exactly the same, maybe a bit worse actually, because this mask seems to settle in my pores and its a bitch to get it off. It doesn't matter how much I wash it off, there's a film left on my face and I can see small white dots in some of my pores, so no buying this again. Also the mask is in a jar, so its a bit messy to get out and feels unsanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sakurakiss

I LOVE this product! I got it as a free sample when I ordered the raspberry body scrub and the strawberry face scrub, and oh my gosh! Between this mask and the face scrub my skin as never felt so soft. My boyfriend noticed a difference the second he touched my cheek, so I know it's not just me. I'm DEFINITELY stocking up on this next time I place an order with Mario Badescu!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by prestontina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells so yummy and I love the way my face feels after using. I hae Oily, Acne, Sensitive skin. Will definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mask. It does clear up a lot and dry up a liitle bit. Skin feels really good and tighten up after I use it. Will keep re-purchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by baharh

Sadly as with other Mario Badescu products this did not agree with me. It smells nice, but thats about it. After I washed it off it felt like I had a waxy residue on my face. I like my face to feel good after a mask, not greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by TG83

This smells heavenly. It is very similar to the orange mask so just pick your favorite sent. Doesn't leave your skin all dry. You just end up with glowing skin. And sitting there while it dries is so relaxing. I cannot tell you how amazing this stuff smells.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I like this a little better than the Orange Tonic Mask even though to me they are pretty similar. This seems to do a slightly better job at clarifying your pores and maybe a little bit more exfoliating. My face always looks really nourished but clear and radiant after using this, which is great right before a night out.