September 20, 2014 | 1207 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Goddess

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I come across a lot of Avon fragrances in my travels, some donated, some loaned and some purchased. I love the Avon vintages, some of them stand at the top of my list. A few of their newer entries I've loved, too. And then I was loaned Goddess. I'll try to be diplomatic.
This fragrance has a bare hint of musk. with only three notes to speak of, at least one spoke to me. Very quietly. I think it was outspoken by the synthetic noise of the other two notes bellowing at it. It never had a chance to be free and come out.
Quite frankly, I don't know who the Goddess is that might wear this concoction. It's just too much of a chemical mess. For those who do wear this well, please forgive me. I mean no insult to you. I really believe Avon threw together some ingredients, slapped a name on a bottle and marketed it quickly.
Lasts for a few hours and radiates well. Bottle is nicely shaped with a crackly type finish.
Notes: Musk, Freesia, Lily-Of-The-Valley.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells like paint......

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

Unlike most of the reviews of this perfume, I like this scent. It's very light but very sweet. It contains musk, freesia and lily of the valley! Imo it's a great girly scent. The bottle is also very cute. The down side, the staying power is just ridiculous! This will not last all day, I always reapply if we are going to dinner or a movie. This scent is one if those that pretty much stays the same, it does not have many different notes that change. I am on my 3rd bottle so yes, I would re-purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ColorfulAttitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the body wash and to me it smells like finger paint. Not a terrible smell but, maybe not something you want your BODY to smell like. The smell fades almost immediately after getting out of the shower and my skin feels so moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I adore this perfume. It's mainly lily-of-the-valley which is my favourite scent so it's not hard to see why I love it. It's one of my most loved fragrances. Also, the bottle is gorgeous. <3

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2009 7:11:00 PM More reviews by megalynn8217

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As an AVON rep, I have to say that this fragrance is awful. Even before I sprayed it onto my skin it made me gag. My mom describes the scent as "similar to deer urine" and she has worked in a hunting shop. Lol The reviews of this product on the AVON site are wonderful and I get the empression that reps are writing good reviews about it to get more customers. I would not recommend this scent to anyone, in all honesty. I think it's expensive at $22.50 but that's only because I don't like the scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by rachellkimb

Smelled a sample of it. Nice, but smelled like the "Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming" that I was planning on buying.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2009 5:58:00 PM More reviews by kideema

Recieved this as a gift and i never use it. The scent smells a little to mature for my personal preference. I would only wear this if i were going to church

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2008 11:59:00 AM More reviews by makeupcrazy31

First of all I'm not one for florals & I usually can't wear Avon's fragrances without getting a headache. This one actually works with my chemistry. I always have a hard time with fragrances. This is clean, lightly floral/musk is what I get from it. The bottle is beautiful I had that before, this time I bought a small/travel spray one because I wondered if I would still love it since it had been awhile. And I still do! So next time I'll go for the regular bottle, because it's so pretty. Glad I finally found an Avon fragrance that works for me, because you can't beat the price.:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by cedarchristie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a very soft, light floral scent that has something of the rose in there but not overwhelmingly so. There is no loud blast of alcohol in the beginning or at any stage of the drydown. In fact, this fragrance, to me, is simple and uncomplicated but not cheap smelling. By uncomplicated I mean that what you smell at the beginning is pretty much it. It doesn't go through the stages of fragrances with multiple layers and it doesn't get more powdery as the hours roll by. For me, it's light but lasting. I layer it with Goddess powder tho.

It's a 'thin' scent not a triple vanilla icecream scoop hot fudge sundae layered with carmel marshmellow sauce topped with whipped cream and a cherry kind of scent that gives you diabetes every time you uncork it. Oh, and the bottle is first class too. Not at all cheap but certainly inexpensive.