Avon Goddess

3.7

on 2/1/2015 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Lily of the valley is one of my favorite scents so yep I had this when it came out in the mid 2000's.

IMO it is a perfect blend of lily of the valley,musk & freesia..very feminine! It had great staying power and I went through 3 bottles of it!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I come across a lot of Avon fragrances in my travels, some donated, some loaned and some purchased. I love the Avon vintages, some of them stand at the top of my list. A few of their newer entries I've loved, too. And then I was loaned Goddess. I'll try to be diplomatic.
This fragrance has a bare hint of musk. with only three notes to speak of, at least one spoke to me. Very quietly. I think it was outspoken by the synthetic noise of the other two notes bellowing at it. It never had a chance to be free and come out.
Quite frankly, I don't know who the Goddess is that might wear this concoction. It's just too much of a chemical mess. For those who do wear this well, please forgive me. I mean no insult to you. I really believe Avon threw together some ingredients, slapped a name on a bottle and marketed it quickly.
Lasts for a few hours and radiates well. Bottle is nicely shaped with a crackly type finish.
Notes: Musk, Freesia, Lily-Of-The-Valley.

on 3/20/2013 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Smells like paint......

on 4/30/2010 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unlike most of the reviews of this perfume, I like this scent. It's very light but very sweet. It contains musk, freesia and lily of the valley! Imo it's a great girly scent. The bottle is also very cute. The down side, the staying power is just ridiculous! This will not last all day, I always reapply if we are going to dinner or a movie. This scent is one if those that pretty much stays the same, it does not have many different notes that change. I am on my 3rd bottle so yes, I would re-purchase!

I have the body wash and to me it smells like finger paint. Not a terrible smell but, maybe not something you want your BODY to smell like. The smell fades almost immediately after getting out of the shower and my skin feels so moisturized.

on 11/3/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I adore this perfume. It's mainly lily-of-the-valley which is my favourite scent so it's not hard to see why I love it. It's one of my most loved fragrances. Also, the bottle is gorgeous. <3

on 9/27/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As an AVON rep, I have to say that this fragrance is awful. Even before I sprayed it onto my skin it made me gag. My mom describes the scent as "similar to deer urine" and she has worked in a hunting shop. Lol The reviews of this product on the AVON site are wonderful and I get the empression that reps are writing good reviews about it to get more customers. I would not recommend this scent to anyone, in all honesty. I think it's expensive at $22.50 but that's only because I don't like the scent.

on 5/5/2009 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Smelled a sample of it. Nice, but smelled like the "Tommy Hilfiger Dreaming" that I was planning on buying.

on 1/31/2009 5:58:00 PM

Recieved this as a gift and i never use it. The scent smells a little to mature for my personal preference. I would only wear this if i were going to church

on 3/11/2008 11:59:00 AM

First of all I'm not one for florals & I usually can't wear Avon's fragrances without getting a headache. This one actually works with my chemistry. I always have a hard time with fragrances. This is clean, lightly floral/musk is what I get from it. The bottle is beautiful I had that before, this time I bought a small/travel spray one because I wondered if I would still love it since it had been awhile. And I still do! So next time I'll go for the regular bottle, because it's so pretty. Glad I finally found an Avon fragrance that works for me, because you can't beat the price.:)

Popular Fragrances