October 25, 2014 | 1809 users online

Nails - Zoya - Remove + Nail Polish Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

There are so many things that I love about this product! I wanted a gentle, nondrying nail polish remover that wouldn't make my nails brittle and prone to breaking - or take too long to lift the polish. I bought this one thinking (incorrectly) that it was non-acetone; I just assumed that the people who reviewed it and said it was acetone free were right. After I applied some product to a cotton pad and lightly swiped one nail, I realized it had already lifted a topcoat, 2 coats of an OPI eggplant purple color, and the base coat - all the way down to the bare nail. In ONE SWIPE. Obviously, it took a couple more swipes to get the whole nail nice and clean, but it was a very efficient process. It was every bit as fast as 100% acetone, which prompted me to actually read the label and see what it said (I was getting a little suspicious). Then I realized - it does contain SOME acetone, but it also contains glycerin. Without the label, you would never know! There is 0 acetone odor - it actually smells like peppermint and lavender to me. Also, it feels kind of greasy, not at all drying like other acetone-based products. I accidentally spilled some on my shirt, and it didn't damage the fabric or alter the color at all. I only needed to use 1 cotton pad per 5-7 nails to remove a dark, heavily pigmented polish. I used a total of maybe 3-5 pumps per cotton pad to get it done. The one and only drawback is an issue with the packaging - I love the flip top + pump, but the top is kind of hard to twist back into the 'closed' position. I had a couple of minor leaks because of this. I definitely plan to repurchase...I got the 8oz bottle for $7.50 with an Ulta coupon. Next time I'll just get the 32oz bottle and refill the one with the flip top. The flip top really is genius, by the way. It allows you to use as little product as possible. It also makes it easier to dip a brush or orange stick into the product during clean up (no more pouring polish remover into the cap).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was fortunate enough to snag an 8oz bottle of Remove + for free with Zoya's recent promotion, which IMO was an amazing deal because this is hands down, the best performing remover I've ever tried, even comparing it with pure acetone…and I never would have tried it otherwise. This would be a nice gift for the nail or beauty junkie that would appreciate the nuances of Remove + vs. drug store or pure acetone.

PROS:
Removes polish as effectively as pure acetone, but it doesn't dry out my nails or cuticles like pure acetone does, it helps keep my nails from staining, and I love the flip-top-pump packaging. For darker colors with 2 coats + a base and a top coat, I need a few pumps (less than 5) and two cottons round for both hands. For sheer colors or one coat polishes, one pump of this remover is all that's needed for all 10 fingers. Glitter polish is never fun to take off, but Remove + does just as quickly of a job as pure acetone.

CONS:
My big problem with it is the scent….I just can't take it, especially in combination with the expensive price: 8 oz for $10. These two issues drop the score from a 5 to a 4. Since I can't justify spending money on this due to the scent, Remove + is probably the first 4-star product I've ever rated, that I know right away that I won't buy for myself.

DIY VERSON:
Loodieloodieloodie has a DIY version that's worth trying out: 1-2 tablespoons of glycerin per 200 mL of acetone, adding small splashes of water at the end (the water is essential to keep everything mixed).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't get over how good this stuff is! I've always used cheap drugstore polish remover up til a few weeks ago. I figured acetone is acetone and cheap polish remover is every bit as good as the pricier stuff. Then I tried this and I am pleased and surprised by what a difference there is. I was wearing a dark polish (OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ) without basecoat on my toes. This took EVERYTHING off without any staining left behind and I only needed 2 cotton discs to do it. I actually got this to see how it would work on glitter polishes, since I find those impossible to remove but I have several I would dearly love to use again. I haven't tried this yet on those but if it works half as well, I will be happy. The packaging it fabulous too - no need to worry about spilling on furniture or tipping over the bottle. While this is pricier than the Sally Hansen and Quo stuff I'd been using up til now, Zoya Remove+ is now my HG remover and I never, ever thought remover was that important that I'd have a HG one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Everyone who wears nail polish needs this! Works great, doesn't smell terrible, the bottle is super handy, and it didn't dry out my skin. I only took 1 lippie off on price because I would like to be able to easily buy it in a store like Ulta or something, but I can only find it online and thus have to pay for shipping. Still won't keep me from repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always thought that nail polish removers were pretty much the same, apart from acetone vs. non-acetone. I bought this on a whim while ordering other Zoya products.

I'm sure glad I did! This remover is great! The flip top pump bottle is convenient. The scent is not offensive or strong. It removes polish very quickly, even glitter polishes. It does not dry my nails or cuticles out at all.

Even with the high price, I will continue to buy and use this polish remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Lwood628

In my opinion this product is the HG of all nail polish removers. I use it with pieces of felt from the craft store and it works wonders; especially on glitter polish! It's a little pricey for me because I change my polish almost everyday so I can go thru a bottle in a month but it's still worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by malinpho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although this is kinda pricy, it works wonders for glitter polish! I use my drugstore one dollar nail polish remover for coloured nails and this one for glitter polishes! Hopefully this doesn't run out too soon. The smell is pretty pleasant and I will purchase the 29 oz. (I think it's 29) soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I waited so long to try this. I kept thinking, wow, it's just nail polish remover, how much difference could it make. HUGE. HUGE difference. It's easily the best remover I have ever tried. So easily removes deep and rich colors that stain and removed glitter polish (the Pixie dust collection) without much effort. Just in shock.

This stuff is incredible. The packaging is great, it's a flip-top pump bottle. So easy to use and so clean. This remover is good to try at least once, even if you wanna keep the bottle to refill. It's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Rawlins1

Just tried this for the first time and I can already tell it's a Holy Grail product! It removed my red nail polish so easily; virtually in one swipe! It actually gave my nails moisture, unlike other removers that dry them out like crazy!! We all know that moisturized nails are healthy nails, so this is a huge plus for me! Also, I love that I will no longer have to deal with other removers with offensive odors! This one has a smell, but it is actually quite pleasant and not overly powerful like others! Finally, I can give myself a mani/pedi without getting a headache in the process! Lol!! I also LOVE the packaging! The bottle has a plastic lid that turns back and forth to an Open and Closed position and locks in place, so it's not going to spill! And the pump is so convenient! I love not having to tip a bottle upside down over and over again! I found that you can buy large containers of Zoya Remove Plus online for $25 dollars and refill your small pump as it gets low or empties. But you could also buy regular nail polish remover from the drugstore and refill it as well, for the benefits of the pump. The only con I can find so far is the price, which is $10 dollars as opposed to let's say $3 or $4 dollars for a drugstore brand. But in the end, i end up paying for a ton of products to relieve my dry cuticles with the drugstore brand, and this one is going to save me from having to do that! So I think it's totally worth it! Plus, you can use the bottle forever! I will continue to buy as long as they don't come out with something better, but I don't see that happening anytime soon! ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by Meleana

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why a company that is supposed to be so concerned about use of harsh chemicals puts acetone in their polish remover. Just as with their polish, I bought the remover because it got so much word-of-mouth on the web. I do love the pump bottle, but the polish just chews up my nails. The added glycerin seems to make little difference for my nails, although it feels nice on the cuticles.
Think I'll stick to Nailtiques non-acetone remover. Nice quality and without that harshness.