Zoya Remove + Nail Polish Remover

4.5

2-propanone, water, glycerine, fragrance, v&c violet #2

on 3/12/2015 10:00:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this stuff. This is, by far, the best remover I have ever used. For me, if I have lighter polish on, I can take off all 10 nails with just ONE cotton ball (I use small cotton balls and I do not saturate them to the point that they are dripping - I just usually put the cotton ball on top of the remover bottle and invert the bottle a couple of times). For darker polish, I use 2 cotton balls - it takes a little bit longer, but it works great. I am actually quite surprised by all the negative reviews.

on 3/12/2015 9:41:00 PM

I'm not impressed. Pure acetone is what i normally use for polish removal, and this product is a big step down. I found that Zoya Remove doesn't take off polish easily at all, just the opposite. Especially glitter polish! I was spending more time and using more cottons, not to mention using more product. I felt so frustrated using this, and I used up the whole bottle in no time.
On the positive side, I liked the scent a lot. It's very pleasant, especially compared to what acetone and regular nail polish remover smell like. And the flip-top pump-dispenser bottle is pure genius. One hand is all you need. I think this thing is so neat! When I finished up my bottle of Remove, I refilled the bottle with acetone. Because that's what I'm sticking to- won't purchase this again.

on 3/12/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm really glad I received this in a swap and didn't actually purchase it myself because it would have been a waste of money. There's not necessarily anything bad to say about the performance of Remove Plus, but honestly, it's pretty much the same thing as if you would do a 50/50 mix of acetone and non-acetone nail polish remover (and maybe adding a little glycerin if you want). It's only a tad less effective than acetone, but still just a little stronger than non-acetone. It's not all that great for glitter removal, and as for the smell, it's nothing to write home about. IMO, it's not a "good" smell, but rather just a little less potent than any other polish remover. I gave it a 2nd lippie because the bottle is very convenient.

on 1/30/2015 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A decent remover in cute packaging.

on 1/30/2015 10:20:00 AM

I know the nail board loves this, but I cannot get over the HORRIBLE scent! I gave my bottle away and make my own w/100% acetone, water, glycerin and home fragrance oil. The bottle design is great, though.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Now on my 2nd bottle. I buy the huge 1litre bottle of this stuff from Nail Polish Canada (online). I bought it at first because it was half off and I thought, well, nail polish is nail polish, so why not take advantage of a deal?

I had no idea that this would change my idea about nail polish forever.

First of all, the scent doesn't make me gag like so many other removers. I don't really know if there's a scent, but if there is, it's nothing that bothers me, makes me ill, gives me a headache, or wish I'd never put on nail polish in the first place.

Secondly, a little goes a long way. It removes my polish like a dream. I don't wear sparkly polishes, just FYI, but I wear dark colours from wine to black and they come off without a trace, with just one dab of this remover on a cotton pad.

Well I just love this purple remover juice so I've ordered another litre bottle. At $25 I'm not getting it half-price this time but dang, this stuff is worth the money! Beats all other removers hands-down. I can't see myself using a drug store brand anymore.

on 11/11/2014 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Meh. It might be useful if I was taking off 1-2 coats of polish with no glitter involved, but since my manis rarely fit within those parameters, I don't use this for polish removal per se. The freebie mini bottles Zoya sends I use to prep my nails between manicures if I've removed the old polish separately. Great non-headache-inducing lavender scent, and it isn't drying!

on 10/22/2014 2:07:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

There are so many things that I love about this product! I wanted a gentle, nondrying nail polish remover that wouldn't make my nails brittle and prone to breaking - or take too long to lift the polish. I bought this one thinking (incorrectly) that it was non-acetone; I just assumed that the people who reviewed it and said it was acetone free were right. After I applied some product to a cotton pad and lightly swiped one nail, I realized it had already lifted a topcoat, 2 coats of an OPI eggplant purple color, and the base coat - all the way down to the bare nail. In ONE SWIPE. Obviously, it took a couple more swipes to get the whole nail nice and clean, but it was a very efficient process. It was every bit as fast as 100% acetone, which prompted me to actually read the label and see what it said (I was getting a little suspicious). Then I realized - it does contain SOME acetone, but it also contains glycerin. Without the label, you would never know! There is 0 acetone odor - it actually smells like peppermint and lavender to me. Also, it feels kind of greasy, not at all drying like other acetone-based products. I accidentally spilled some on my shirt, and it didn't damage the fabric or alter the color at all. I only needed to use 1 cotton pad per 5-7 nails to remove a dark, heavily pigmented polish. I used a total of maybe 3-5 pumps per cotton pad to get it done. The one and only drawback is an issue with the packaging - I love the flip top + pump, but the top is kind of hard to twist back into the 'closed' position. I had a couple of minor leaks because of this. I definitely plan to repurchase...I got the 8oz bottle for $7.50 with an Ulta coupon. Next time I'll just get the 32oz bottle and refill the one with the flip top. The flip top really is genius, by the way. It allows you to use as little product as possible. It also makes it easier to dip a brush or orange stick into the product during clean up (no more pouring polish remover into the cap).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was fortunate enough to snag an 8oz bottle of Remove + for free with Zoya's recent promotion, which IMO was an amazing deal because this is hands down, the best performing remover I've ever tried, even comparing it with pure acetone…and I never would have tried it otherwise. This would be a nice gift for the nail or beauty junkie that would appreciate the nuances of Remove + vs. drug store or pure acetone.

PROS:
Removes polish as effectively as pure acetone, but it doesn't dry out my nails or cuticles like pure acetone does, it helps keep my nails from staining, and I love the flip-top-pump packaging. For darker colors with 2 coats + a base and a top coat, I need a few pumps (less than 5) and two cottons round for both hands. For sheer colors or one coat polishes, one pump of this remover is all that's needed for all 10 fingers. Glitter polish is never fun to take off, but Remove + does just as quickly of a job as pure acetone.

CONS:
My big problem with it is the scent….I just can't take it, especially in combination with the expensive price: 8 oz for $10. These two issues drop the score from a 5 to a 4. Since I can't justify spending money on this due to the scent, Remove + is probably the first 4-star product I've ever rated, that I know right away that I won't buy for myself.

DIY VERSON:
Loodieloodieloodie has a DIY version that's worth trying out: 1-2 tablespoons of glycerin per 200 mL of acetone, adding small splashes of water at the end (the water is essential to keep everything mixed).

on 9/29/2014 2:22:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't get over how good this stuff is! I've always used cheap drugstore polish remover up til a few weeks ago. I figured acetone is acetone and cheap polish remover is every bit as good as the pricier stuff. Then I tried this and I am pleased and surprised by what a difference there is. I was wearing a dark polish (OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ) without basecoat on my toes. This took EVERYTHING off without any staining left behind and I only needed 2 cotton discs to do it. I actually got this to see how it would work on glitter polishes, since I find those impossible to remove but I have several I would dearly love to use again. I haven't tried this yet on those but if it works half as well, I will be happy. The packaging it fabulous too - no need to worry about spilling on furniture or tipping over the bottle. While this is pricier than the Sally Hansen and Quo stuff I'd been using up til now, Zoya Remove+ is now my HG remover and I never, ever thought remover was that important that I'd have a HG one!

Top Rated Zoya Products