December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Nails - Zoya - Remove + Nail Polish Remover

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh. It might be useful if I was taking off 1-2 coats of polish with no glitter involved, but since my manis rarely fit within those parameters, I don't use this for polish removal per se. The freebie mini bottles Zoya sends I use to prep my nails between manicures if I've removed the old polish separately. Great non-headache-inducing lavender scent, and it isn't drying!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I'm not impressed. Pure acetone is what i normally use for polish removal, and this product is a BIG step down. I find that Zoya Remove doesn't remove polish easily at all, just the opposite. Especially glitter polish! I'm spending more time and using more cottons, not to mention using more product. I feel so frustrated using this, and I'm going to use up the whole bottle in no time.
On the positive side, I like the scent a lot. It's very pleasant, especially compared to what acetone and regular nail polish remover smell like. And the flip-top pump-dispenser bottle is pure genius. One hand is all you need. I think this thing is so neat! When I finish up my bottle of Remove (which isn't going to take me very long) I'm going to refill the bottle with acetone. Because that's what I'm going back to- won't purchase this again.
Save your money. Get a bottle of acetone from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by ChaCaCheeze

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

There are so many things that I love about this product! I wanted a gentle, nondrying nail polish remover that wouldn't make my nails brittle and prone to breaking - or take too long to lift the polish. I bought this one thinking (incorrectly) that it was non-acetone; I just assumed that the people who reviewed it and said it was acetone free were right. After I applied some product to a cotton pad and lightly swiped one nail, I realized it had already lifted a topcoat, 2 coats of an OPI eggplant purple color, and the base coat - all the way down to the bare nail. In ONE SWIPE. Obviously, it took a couple more swipes to get the whole nail nice and clean, but it was a very efficient process. It was every bit as fast as 100% acetone, which prompted me to actually read the label and see what it said (I was getting a little suspicious). Then I realized - it does contain SOME acetone, but it also contains glycerin. Without the label, you would never know! There is 0 acetone odor - it actually smells like peppermint and lavender to me. Also, it feels kind of greasy, not at all drying like other acetone-based products. I accidentally spilled some on my shirt, and it didn't damage the fabric or alter the color at all. I only needed to use 1 cotton pad per 5-7 nails to remove a dark, heavily pigmented polish. I used a total of maybe 3-5 pumps per cotton pad to get it done. The one and only drawback is an issue with the packaging - I love the flip top + pump, but the top is kind of hard to twist back into the 'closed' position. I had a couple of minor leaks because of this. I definitely plan to repurchase...I got the 8oz bottle for $7.50 with an Ulta coupon. Next time I'll just get the 32oz bottle and refill the one with the flip top. The flip top really is genius, by the way. It allows you to use as little product as possible. It also makes it easier to dip a brush or orange stick into the product during clean up (no more pouring polish remover into the cap).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was fortunate enough to snag an 8oz bottle of Remove + for free with Zoya's recent promotion, which IMO was an amazing deal because this is hands down, the best performing remover I've ever tried, even comparing it with pure acetone…and I never would have tried it otherwise. This would be a nice gift for the nail or beauty junkie that would appreciate the nuances of Remove + vs. drug store or pure acetone.

PROS:
Removes polish as effectively as pure acetone, but it doesn't dry out my nails or cuticles like pure acetone does, it helps keep my nails from staining, and I love the flip-top-pump packaging. For darker colors with 2 coats + a base and a top coat, I need a few pumps (less than 5) and two cottons round for both hands. For sheer colors or one coat polishes, one pump of this remover is all that's needed for all 10 fingers. Glitter polish is never fun to take off, but Remove + does just as quickly of a job as pure acetone.

CONS:
My big problem with it is the scent….I just can't take it, especially in combination with the expensive price: 8 oz for $10. These two issues drop the score from a 5 to a 4. Since I can't justify spending money on this due to the scent, Remove + is probably the first 4-star product I've ever rated, that I know right away that I won't buy for myself.

DIY VERSON:
Loodieloodieloodie has a DIY version that's worth trying out: 1-2 tablespoons of glycerin per 200 mL of acetone, adding small splashes of water at the end (the water is essential to keep everything mixed).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't get over how good this stuff is! I've always used cheap drugstore polish remover up til a few weeks ago. I figured acetone is acetone and cheap polish remover is every bit as good as the pricier stuff. Then I tried this and I am pleased and surprised by what a difference there is. I was wearing a dark polish (OPI Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ) without basecoat on my toes. This took EVERYTHING off without any staining left behind and I only needed 2 cotton discs to do it. I actually got this to see how it would work on glitter polishes, since I find those impossible to remove but I have several I would dearly love to use again. I haven't tried this yet on those but if it works half as well, I will be happy. The packaging it fabulous too - no need to worry about spilling on furniture or tipping over the bottle. While this is pricier than the Sally Hansen and Quo stuff I'd been using up til now, Zoya Remove+ is now my HG remover and I never, ever thought remover was that important that I'd have a HG one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by marywebgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Everyone who wears nail polish needs this! Works great, doesn't smell terrible, the bottle is super handy, and it didn't dry out my skin. I only took 1 lippie off on price because I would like to be able to easily buy it in a store like Ulta or something, but I can only find it online and thus have to pay for shipping. Still won't keep me from repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always thought that nail polish removers were pretty much the same, apart from acetone vs. non-acetone. I bought this on a whim while ordering other Zoya products.

I'm sure glad I did! This remover is great! The flip top pump bottle is convenient. The scent is not offensive or strong. It removes polish very quickly, even glitter polishes. It does not dry my nails or cuticles out at all.

Even with the high price, I will continue to buy and use this polish remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Lwood628

In my opinion this product is the HG of all nail polish removers. I use it with pieces of felt from the craft store and it works wonders; especially on glitter polish! It's a little pricey for me because I change my polish almost everyday so I can go thru a bottle in a month but it's still worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by malinpho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Although this is kinda pricy, it works wonders for glitter polish! I use my drugstore one dollar nail polish remover for coloured nails and this one for glitter polishes! Hopefully this doesn't run out too soon. The smell is pretty pleasant and I will purchase the 29 oz. (I think it's 29) soon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I waited so long to try this. I kept thinking, wow, it's just nail polish remover, how much difference could it make. HUGE. HUGE difference. It's easily the best remover I have ever tried. So easily removes deep and rich colors that stain and removed glitter polish (the Pixie dust collection) without much effort. Just in shock.

This stuff is incredible. The packaging is great, it's a flip-top pump bottle. So easy to use and so clean. This remover is good to try at least once, even if you wanna keep the bottle to refill. It's worth it.