August 20, 2014 | 2020 users online

Styling Products - Biosilk - Silk Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best way I found using the silk polish is for after you dry your hair. Other wise it seems like your putting gel onto your wet hair. This is like the last thing I put on my hair to give it a nice polished look. It takes care of flyaways, adds some shine and definition. The only little complaint I have about this product is the packaging. It doesn't tell you how much your suppose to put on. It says put on a "generous" amount, but i find putting it all over my hair can weigh it down. I like to rub my hands together and use a dime size amount and then just slide it down my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2007 12:52:00 PM More reviews by JoJo116

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the way this product left my hair soft and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2005 5:52:00 PM More reviews by cochic

this stuff is the best for shine and creating that piecy look at the end of your styling! i absolutely ADORE the smell of this stuff! it smells so nice and luxurious! my only quip is the price. it is wayyyy overpriced yet i keep going back for more!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2005 2:42:00 PM More reviews by AshleyMaass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my favorite product to use to get rid of friz. It is such a great product. More exspensive then a lot of other hair smoothing products the only difference is this one works great.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2004 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Bonbon412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is just OK for me. It does do what it says - makes hair very shiny, but it is also very easy to apply too much since it's a thick paste and it can easily make hair greasy. It also weighs my thick hair down a lot...this isn't necessarily a bad thing for me since my hair has a lot of volume, but I can imagine it being way too heavy for people with thinner hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2004 9:10:00 AM More reviews by lwalsh7795

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best smoothing/shining hair styling product that I have ever used. I don't use any styling tools on my hair (blowdryers, flat irons, etc.)...rather, I just wash my hair at night and apply some of this (along with Biosilk Silk Therapy) and let it dry overnight while I sleep. I then put a little more of this on in the morning and I am ready to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2003 2:16:00 PM More reviews by cabaret22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A few things... Those who said that the alcohol dried out their hair, this product needs to be well mixed (as in vinegar and oil dressing, you gotta shake it) b/c the alcohol will tend to come out first and that'll lead to a dispropotioned amount of the gel-like substance and the alcohol. Second, while this product does make your hair soft, it doesn't mean it'll make it manageable. My hair did get soft, but it also got stringy and hard to style. Imagine silky baby hair with tendency to fly away and get all knotted up.
Third, I have a relatively healthy hair, no split ends (well I'm sure there's a few, but nothing noticeable), there was no added shine that I notice from this product.
Fourth, the packaging is absolutely the worst! For a $16 or so tiny amount of a product, they certainly can do better than cheap plastic packaging with cheap, almost runny-ink printing on it.
This product just doesn't live up to its ratings! While I'm glad that it's worked out for some people, my hair seem to be having a hard time getting along with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2001 12:25:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Silk Polish is Biosilk's "Shining Paste". Produces a "luminous, high gloss, wet look with...control and definition." I LOVE this stuff!! It smells exactly like the Biosilk Silk Therapy Serum, but comes in a clear-pomade form. When I use it, it immediately adds a brilliant shine to my hair (without looking greasy) and takes away any residual frizz! I would definitely purchase this polish again!