November 24, 2014 | 1359 users online

Loose Powders - Neutrogena - Healthy skin

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aznflower101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works alright. Cakes up if I use too much or I use it under my eyes to set concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 7:27:00 PM More reviews by amyang

I bought this for 50% off so i was really happy and excited. I got medium which may be too dark for me but with light light strokes, its ok. I like it so far to set my make up, looks natural and is a very simple loose powder. I bought this because its oil free and wont clog pores. I do wish too that they had a translucent one. Ive notice it doesnt make me oily or shiny or anything like that so thats good. :_)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Snooki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Damn near HG. Gives a really pretty and soft finish to my skin. I don't need much coverage at all, and this does the trick without looking cakey or making my face tight. I LOVE it. It blends super easily and does not make my face itch like most powders. I feel like I'm wearing nothing all day. Oil control is moderate, it does not make my face more oily, but does control for 4+ hours. I deducted one lipstick because, if you're not careful, the powder can go everywhere. Recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by dafyophi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I needed setting powder and didn't want to shell out a bunch of cash at a counter. It was a pretty good buy - it's not magic, but it sets my makeup and provides enough coverage for me. I have pretty good skin and very little redness, so I don't require opaque coverage. I swirl this on with a kabuki brush and it gives a smooth finish without looking cakey or like a mask. When I use this over tinted moisturizer, it gives me a very natural finish. Works well over regular foundation (I use Clinique Superbalanced), too. I don't know if I'd repurchase, but I recommend this as a good drugstore option.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kellywilson0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this product for several years, and for a drugstore powder, it's one of the better setting powders I've encountered. However, for someone who's extremely fair-skinned, I really want a translucent powder that doesn't add any other pigment to my face, since chances are, it won't match my skin color (every drugstore makeup I've tried has always been too dark)...this is definitely not translucent on me (it's far less orange than the other drugstore powders I've found, but is nowhere near the translucent color of my Laura Mercier powder). If you're not as pale as I am, this may very well be a good option for you...but it just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by aliford

I know it's really early for me to write a review on this product since I only bought it earlier today, but WOW. I've been looking for a new powder because I have trouble finding powders that are not chalky or too dark. I saw this powder by chance at Target and picked it up for around $12. It's a large container with the generic puff and sifter. The color looked really dark in the container to me but when I applied it, it was fine on my fair skin. The texture of this powder is SO SILKY. I could see using this as a setting powder or on its own. It was not drying at all, in fact I found it almost luxurious. It is non pore clogging. It is matte but not chalky at all---actually pretty natural looking. For the price, you get quite a bit. This is a product I'm excited about, I think it may be my HG but I guess time will tell. I'll update in a few weeks!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

Oh. My Goodness.
I am in love. This is the most amazing powder by far I have ever had. Okay, so this review is based off of one day of use, but just from that day of using it I knew I was going to fall in love for the many days to come.
BASICALLY, I was able to choose out my christmas gift of drugstore makeup I wanted. The catch? Cant use it till Christmas, but knowing me, I ingnored that rule and went ahead and used it :) I got the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer (tinted moistorizer) that is my HG tinted moistorizer, my face didnt even look the slightest bit of oily by the end of the day, and I got to test it out twice :)
But then my sister found out and forced me to put them in a bag and leave them in her room )
Any who, this powder is absolute love. Not only does it come in 19.8 grams which is enough to last you over a year, but its the perfect powder to set your foundation in. Its pretty much translucent, so this is mainly for people who dont need THAT heavy of a coverage, more for people who need a powder to set in.
Im going to compare this to my Loreal Bare Naturals:
LBN:
14 dollars
10 grams
Smells terrible. Absolutley terrible.
Good coverage, but still feels a tad bit heavy on my skin.
Wears off by the end of the day.
Terrible brush
Nutrogena:
10 dollars :)
19.8 grams (Double the ammount of LBN AND cheaper?!)
No smell, can hardly detect even a powdery smell.
Coverage wise, makes my skin look really nice and matte, reallly sets in my TM or foundation. But this powder is nothing heavy at all, which I reallly like.
Still looks good by the time I get home, and Im pretty much oil free as well :)
And adorable soft poof comes with it that I might even use, but I usually tend to go with a brush to use it.

There you have it, a comparison :) I highly reccomend to people who want a lighter feel powder foundation. I HATE heavy foundation, especially when people dont need it. I even find my maybelline dream matte powder a bit heavy :/ This one is super light and makes your skin feel super soft. I absolutley adore this foundation even if I used this just once. Good thing christmas is only 2 weeks away so I can FINALLY use it again! Sorry for this long review, the first one always has to go in depth ;)
Highly reccomend though! Affordable (for the most part), A LOT of product, good, clean coverage, and just a wonderful powder all around :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by hjv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about a week now, as a cheaper alternative to Bare Minerals.

It doesn't give as good coverage as Bare Minerals, but it's less messier and less cakey than Bare Minerals, which are major pluses.

It works well as a setting powder and for taking away shine. It lasts fairly long for a drugstore powder--like someone said, about 4 hours--but I do wish it would last longer. It's not very portable, as the container is large and bulky.

Still, it's pretty effective as setting foundation and keeping shine at bay. Just wish it would last longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2009 6:14:00 AM More reviews by BoomBox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. I break out easily and I am prone to blackheads so I usually stick to Neutrogena face products. I like that it hasn't got any sparklies in it, and it stays on fairly well (aside from my nose, which everything melts off of). I have been using it with the pouf they give you and it's alright, but I need to buy a kabuki brush and get the full effect. Been using it for about a year now and it's not given me any acne problems unless I fall asleep with it on, which is understandable.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by adorekittens

Latest update: So below is my old review.. I thought it was only fair to update on my experience.. since having left this I used various other powders to set my makeup and they made me break out.. I think I was mistaken before when I thought it made me break out because I went back to it a couple of months ago (it was sitting in my drawer).. and tried it again.. worked great and didn't make me break out!

I've tried many loose powders out there and this has to be the best so far! i have really oily skin and no matter what i do, within 2 hours of applying makeup i look greasy.. this helps so much with the shine! also it makes my foundation look more natural.. i use revlon color stay and use this to set it... the combination is amazing! Everyone should give this a try
UPDATE: I THINK IT MADE ME BREAK OUT... SO NOT BUYING AGAIN...