Avon Planet Spa -African Shea Butter Whipped Body Balm

on 2/3/2012 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I am actually in love with this lotion, and am so sad that the whole line has been discontinued! Really wish Avon would bring it back :(

on 9/14/2011 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

absoulutly love this. the scent is sweet and mellow and when used with the hand in hand sugar scrub my skin feels at its best. It toally made my skin feel like I was wraped in silk. Left my skin feeling smooth and soft that people had comented in a very positive way. I recomend this to any one with dry, thisrty, rough skin.

on 4/14/2011 10:59:00 AM

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 This was one of my favorite body cremes. I say creme because it was thick and provided deep moisture, loved the smell. I felt like I was putting on chocolate. Lucky I still have 2 tubes left. I don't know why Avon does this. When I was a rep, this was one of my best sellers along with the SSS Light & Lush line. Those lines, as well as others that have bene discontinued where doing very well because they where good. This is one of the reasons I stoped selling their products. It was hard to keep a following. They keep launching new and "improved" products and get rid of those that in many cases could become staples for the company. Anyway, like in other instances it might come back under a different name.

on 2/25/2011 8:08:00 PM

This was an absolute favorite of mine but I do believe it is discontinued. I loved the sweet smell of it and I felt pampered after applying it. I haven't seen it in caralogues lately but did see it in an outlet flyer and tried to order more from there but they were sold out.

on 1/22/2011 11:49:00 AM

I normally am not a Naturalist when it comes to my taste in body products. The more chemicals the better I say-well this product is the exception. It goes on like butter has a unique fragrance, and when I wake up in the morning, my legs and arms are still soft! This is short of a miracle since my skin just soaks up everything I apply and demands more in a few hours. I love this product, but rumors have it that Avon is about to discontinue this line of products. Get it while you can. This is absolutely my favorite body product and I've tried them all from high to low end, this stuff stands on its own as being a superior moisturizer. THe tube I have calls it a moisture body mask, implying you should apply it, let it dry, then rinse. Don't do it! Leave it on and I think you will love the results! Also a great buy at $@2.99 for a 5 oz. tube! Ask your Avon lady for a discount to try it-as an Avon Rep myself, I always give a good discount for a first run with a product, and if you don't ask, chances are she won't give!

on 7/18/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I first seen my sister using this n i fell in love with the smell. I only paid 5.99 for it n the amount is pretty decent especially since a little goes a very long way. Also the scent is pretty strong so you dont want to use too much. It does smell like caramel corn/butter but in a nice desserty kind of way lol. My mother smelt it n thought i smelt like cookies which she was a bit confused as to why i would want to smell like that. A friend of mine loved the smell n ordered it as well where as another one of my friends said it has a odd smell to it. I guess it boils down to prefernce. I hate smellig like the regular lotions; Jergens, Vasaline, Lubraderm....which are all great lotions but im not a fan of the smell. This lotion does hydrate the skin n leave it with a nice glow, Not oily or anything but a nice refreshing look.

on 8/11/2009 3:38:00 AM

Loved Avon Meditaranean olive oil hair mask and it smelled wonderful so thought I'd try this body butter since I love exotic smelling lotion but this lotion smells fruity-sour? for shea butter..thickness was nice but not the smell. wouldn't buy again. for deep conditioning buy Curel and for smell I'll stick with Bath&Body Works apple or pomegranite

on 7/31/2009 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Luv the scent of this and luv how it makes my skin feel!!!

on 7/31/2009 1:42:00 PM

I really like this body butter, it make my skin feel soft and hydrated. i love the smell which id a very sweet smell, it does smell strong for a body butter though. Since i love sweet smells, i love it but if you dont like them i would stay away.

on 5/26/2009 3:59:00 PM

I don't know if this cream works because the first time I used it I gagged on the scent and immediately gave it away. Even after attempting to wash it off, I still smelled it. ICK!!!!