October 2, 2014 | 972 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - ANEW Clinical 2-Step Facial Peel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by bapsy

-My review is for Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel- Which is only one step. I had heard great things about this product so my expectations were high, unfortunatelly this product did not perform as well as the Anew Rejuvenate Glycolic treatment. Every time I used these pads I felt some tingles and then it dried, but in the morning my face and skin just looked the same, not very noticeable improvement. Maybe if I hadn't tried a much better product before I wouldn't be so dissappointed, but I don't think this product helped my face skin at all. I do have to say that after applying it to my face I was using the still moist pad on top of my arms, I've always suffered from chicken skin in that area and after using the pads I've seen a little improvement. Not a dramatic change, but the skin on my arms looks a little bit less bumpy and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by allegro_barbaro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The product pictured is the ONE step pad which replaced the two step system and this is the product I am reviewing. Here it goes.............I have found my HG only to find it discontinued in Ireland. I am in my early thirties and because I have always taken care of my skin and stayed out of the sun, fine lines are not a problem yet BUT I still suffer from hormonal breakouts every now and then. When they happen they can be severe so I tried Proactive and it DESTROYED my face....gave me millions of milia all over my chin and cheeks. I got cysts, dry spots, greasy spots all at once. It was horrible., much worse than the odd breakout.

Then I read that glycolic acid is great for women in their thirties who suffer from breakouts and I remembered that I have bought these pads a few months before but hadn't used them so I searched the back of my wardrobe and there they were! My little acidic friends!

I have been using them every second night for the last two weeks and I can only say the results are AMAZING. Baby soft skin, smaller pores, all dry patches gone, all oily patches gone, 99% milia gone and above all NO breakouts at all!

I contacted my local Avon rep, gushing about them and wanted to make a huge order of them before they got discontinued and guess what, they already are. Ohhhhh the injustice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

* My review is for the Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel - which I believe is the successor to the 2-Step Facial Peel. *

I read about this in Allure then cross-checked the reviews on MUA so I felt confident that this would be a great product and it absolutely is.
This product is $25 on Avon.com but recently they had a BOGO but I wasn't quite out of it yet but I'm glad I didn't b/c I found it on ebay for $11 with free shipping! Score!
The product is a twist-turn tub that contains pre-soaked facial pads that you swipe on quickly, like Stridex. I notice a bit of a stinging sensation when I swipe it on but nothing I can't handle for the sake of beauty! I see immediate, noticeable results from this product - my skin feels fresh, moisturized and dewey - like I just had a facial, though there are times (and it may be hormonal), that I'm a little red afterwards which is why I only use it 1x a week before bed.
Definitely a STEAL if you can find it on ebay or on sale.

Ingredients: (as per Avon.com site)

WATER/EAU
ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE
DISODIUM EDTA
BENZOPHENONE-4
BENZOPHENONE-9

****Update 6/9/12: My skin has changed and is very sensitive these days so I can no longer use this - it was great when my skin was tolerant.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by yyt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this peel for about two months and I am really liking it. It removes the layer of dead skin and leaves my skin feeling very soft. I use this 2-3 times a week. On the days I don't use this, I rotate between a dermabrasion scrub and Retin-A. My skin stays clear and soft. I have dehydrated skin and this doesn't dry it out. I can feel a slightly tingling feeling after I use this. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to test it first. After using this, I spray my face with Evian water, put on some Burt's Bees Repair Serum or some pure rose oil, and then the ANEW Clinical Derma-Full Facial Filling Cream. During the winter, I use a good moisturizer on top of it. I wake up in the morning with beautiful supplied skin. I think my skin absorbs serum and lotion better after using the peel. I got this when Avon offered a buy-one-get-one-free deal. $25 for 2 is not bad and it will last me for at least 4 months. Will definitely buy this again!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by emi56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Don't waste your money on this padding peel.Nothing's happened.You can get this from drugstore in any other brand for $4.I've used for 4 weeks now,and i don't see any chnage in my skin.I have a fair,normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the ANEW Clinical line. The treatments work much better than the ANEW daily skincare for me.

This stuff is like Stridex Pads for adults. It works immediately, and I noticed smaller pores and smoothness immediately with no mess. There's no smell, either, which I like even better. Once this dries, I like to use the ANEW Clinical Derma-Full Cream over it.

Buy it cheap off eBay or when it's on sale - there's no need to pay full price, and the full container lasts a good while even if you use it every other night. Paired with the ANEW Advanced Clinical Dermabrasion System, I don't need to see the dermatologist anymore for monthly peels to deal with the clogged pores in my t-zone area.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this was an amazing product -- simple to use and yielded results. I purchased it back when it first came out to give it a try as my skin was looking dull and such. It worked wonders (for me). My skin was smoother, refined, and just overall had a glow. When I ran out and didn't repurchase right away, my face quickly reverted to what had prompted me to try it in the first place. So I bought it consistently from then on, for all these years...

SADLY, Avon has now replaced this great product with the ONE step "retexturizing peel" which in my opinion, sucks. It doesn't yield the results that the two step did, (I know the 2nd step was only the "neutralizer") however, I firmly believe they reformulated it...and I won't buy it now. I've been through one tub of the newer one, and didn't do a thing. Felt like I totally wasted my money on that one....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 6:11:00 AM More reviews by nm1981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great product to slough away dead skin cells and bring out that inner glow. The product packaging couldn't be easier. The application is reminiscent to the old Oxy acne pads and the 10% glycolic acid lifts away face gunk without stripping the skin. I have oily, acne prone skin and this really keeps my pores cleaned. One thing i've found though. If you use a salicylic acid cleanser, don't apply the peel right after you've cleansed. The itching is frantic. The results are more than worth it though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 5:37:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It works great for normal or oily skin, even those with acne. If you have other skin conditions, or sensitive skin then you should ask your doctor about the ingredients. Any acid changes the surface of the skin. The glycolic acid in this plumps skin by bringing water to the surface of the skin and getting rid of dead/dull skin by shedding it. It won't change your skin forever. If you stop using it, then you will see your skin goes back to it's previous state. It's on sale now for $15 in C-13, so I got one. I remember when it was a two step, it's one of the easiest skincare products available. No mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by michelleannmarie

So far so good I can see my acne spots getting light I use this everyother day and then i use the C Serum my skin is so bright

omg I have been using this along with the vitamin c and my skin looks so clear today I didnt wear any face makeup.