November 24, 2014 | 1758 users online

Lipstick - Chantecaille - Lip Sheer in Helios

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by mmmmary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had this rolling around in my makeup drawer for several years. (I know, you're not supposed to keep makeup that long but I do anyhow.) When I first bought it I remember thinking it was nothing special, but I recently pulled it out and tried it again and am loving it. My skin is looking pretty great these days and that might make the difference. A few years ago I had a lot of redness due to oily skin & the products I was using to counteract that. Now my skin is pale but glowy and the color of this lipsheer is perfect. I'm not sure how it would work for darker complexions, but if you are a PPP, give it a try. Consistency is great too, and no distracting scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2006 11:22:00 AM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really love this lipstick because it provides lovely color while still being sheer enough to look nice & natural. And as others have stated, it is so moist on its own that you need nothing else under or over it. This is my first Chantecaille lipsheer & I find the color to be really complex - at least for me! It's like several different shades of rose/pink all mixed together, then topped with a micro-fine, super-sheer gold sheen. But do not be put off by the gold comment if you're not a glimmery type, as I am not at all. It is so subtle, and what it really does is add amazing dimension & fullness to your lips - an optical illusion, yes - but I'll if it makes my lips look fuller, I'll take it! I look forward to trying more shades.
P.S. the darling, chic, black drawstring bag that houses it is too wonderful

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2004 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Shereew

I told the MA at NM that I want to find a shade which looks naturally beautiful. Voila! This is such a sweet shade that it makes me look younger! I agree with the review below that it makes me feel like a princess.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2004 3:28:00 PM More reviews by heatherblossom

i adore this as well..creamy well pigmented but sheer, definitely a rosy pink with gold shimmer...very elegant though and makes me feel like a princess:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 11:51:00 AM More reviews by AliceinWonderland

This is one of the best lipsticks I have ever purchased. It has a creamy divine texture, and the colour is spectacular. Its a sheer rosey pink with golden shimmer. Beautiful. Also comes in a little velvet case with a drawstring.