October 24, 2014 | 936 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by swimfree27

I bought this mask because I was very intrigued by the idea of having to keep it in the fridge and it being all natural. I also got it because my skin was extremely irritated from all the traveling I had been doing. The best thing about this mask is the first use. My skin felt super soft and the irritation on my face was gone by morning. Yes, I still had acne, but it was now easily covered up with some light foundation. I continued to use it until it was gone and still enjoyed it, but it didn't really do much for my acne. This mask is perfect for when you have those days where your face is so irritated that you don't even want to touch it; this mask is very gentle and soothing while still being cleansing. I will definitely buy again, but I live far away from the closest LUSH store and cannot order fresh masks online.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by ErinSc1989

I bought this the other day because it is that glorious time of the month, and I have those horrid hormonal breakouts on the chin and my skin is just generally in a bad way covered in those little skin coloured bumps. So whilst browsing lush I picked up this. Jesus tonight am I glad I did! i put a thin to medium layer over my nose cheeks and chin, and a thin layer on my forehead. I waited around 20-25 minutes untill the majority was dry and went to wash it off with warm water. I actually looked in the mirror and said oh my god. I can't believe the results, my skin is soft, its toned down my redness in my cheeks, and my pores look clearer than they did before too. and thats after one application.

skin reaction: majority of face masks leave my skin red afterwards for around 30 mins-1 hour. this face mask did not do that if anything it got rid of redness. it tingled only where i have three small breakouts that I have naughtily been picking at (TMI). My skin now feels softer than it has done for months after only one application of this face mask.

How did the product feel on the skin?: the product felt nice and cooling on the skin, I keep it in the fridge for extra soothing properties. It tingled a bit as fore mentioned on the breakouts I already have.

smell of the product: the product to me has a similar smell to tea tree oil, the lady in the shop said it smells strongly of garlic, but i didn't smell much garlic (how ever i love the smell of garlic and thats probably why I never picked up on it as much, i'm a garlic fan). you can leave the mask on for only ten minutes though so I think even if you don't like the smell you don't have to endure it for long so go on and smother it all over your skin. You won't regret it.

texture of the product: a thick cream type texture, reminds me of phillidelphia cheese but with small bits in which i can only assume to be chunks of chopped up garlic?

I would HIGHLY reccommend this product, I have sensitive skin and it didn't iritate me one bit!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Sanaebrahim

This is the first lush face mask I've used and it's amazing! After one use my face was literally glowing and was so much more clear and soft! It smells really horrible though. That's the only complaint! But scent isn't a big deal to me. Definitely will re purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lucieeeliu

pros: works well, leaves skin super soft and glowing. cons: waay too hard to wash off and clogs the shower drain and sink. i would only repurchase when i have a special/important event coming up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product, it just didn't work with my skin specifically.

I have combination/sensitive skin that gets oily if it's irritated and tends to get small red irritations here and there. (They don't contain pus, they're not pimples, they're almost like what you get from shaving with a dull razor).

Anyway, I figured I would try this since I have sensitive but "problematic" skin. I can say it really didn't do much. It was a little soothing. It looked like it calmed my skin down a *little* bit. The mask has a "smoothing" feel when it's on/dries.

Since my breakouts aren't actual pimples, just irritations, I suppose I didn't have much of anything for this mask to actually combat. This mask is more for people that have active (real, acneic) breakouts, blackheads, things like that. I would imagine it's good for teenage skin or if you're on your period etc.

All in all, it just wasn't for me. It's a good mask (won awards!), but just wasn't for my skin type. Hope this review was helpful!

3/5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Tentatively going to say that this is my HG face mask. I have had acne all my life: mild pimples as a child and full-blown cystic as a teen. I'm 18 now and on birth control. I have lots of scars but overall my skin is the best it's ever been. I use this mask every other night, when I get home for the day. It is not a miracle worker. That being said, it makes my skin look amazing. No other product has ever made my skin look this good. My skin just glows. It doesn't do much for blemishes themselves, but it is fantastic for the overall health of your skin and it seems to have an effect on blackheads.

The smell is strong and garlic. It might make you cry. I don't mind garlic at all, but be forewarned if you have a sensitive nose. You DO NOT want to try this if scent bothers you. I can't use this mask when my roommate is home because she can't stand the smell of it.

The texture is a bit inconsistent. It's thick & creamy mostly, but it tends to have chunks in it. Little, tiny chunks of... stuff? I think my pot wasn't blended as thoroughly as it should have been. Obviously the texture will vary from pot to pot. It's very much a cream that you smear onto your skin.

The mask takes about 30 minutes to dry for me, because I apply it thick and on every inch of my face. I wear it until it dries and then wash it off. This is by far the most easily washed-off face mask I have ever encountered. I splash about 3 times and it's just gone. I use a damp face cloth to get it off the bridge of my nose, under my eyes, in my eyebrows, etc.

It feels average while it's on. I didn't get any burning, tingling, cooling, etc sensations. It just goes on and sits there. It's after you wash it off and pat your face dry that you notice a difference. It makes my skin like silk. Yes, THAT soft. It's amazing!

I've noticed that it diminishes acne. It takes the redness out but doesn't do much to get rid of the overall infection. I have to use a spot treatment first and THEN this mask to get rid of existing blemishes. It's fantastic for preventing acne in the first place, though - I haven't broken out once since I started using this product a few weeks ago. I'm the type of girl who usually wakes up with a new blemish every morning.

It seems to be fading my scars somewhat or at least making them less noticeable. I have a line on my cheek that looks like a slice from a knife, but was actually caused by acne. It's usually inflamed and generally unhappy looking. Right now it's just a discoloration, a little darker than the rest of my skin. Hardly noticeable at all, which is incredible.

I personally really like this mask. I want to use it every night and so far I'm not having trouble with doing so. This mask does not cause me any redness, itching or swelling whatsoever. It's a very calming mask for me. I put it on when I get home and sit down with my tea & laptop until the mask dries, then I get started on dinner/chores. So this mask is my little middle-of-the-day calming ritual.

I would definitely recommend this to a friend. At $6 per pot, it's inexpensive and effective. I love it way more than my Body Shop ionic seaweed mask - which costs close to $20 per pot! One pot of Cosmetic Warrior lasts me about one week if I use it every night, so roughly 7 or 8 applications altogether. Keep in mind that I apply A LOT and EVERY NIGHT, sometimes multiple times a day. If you were to use this as directed, which is up to 3 times a week, I'd say safely that it would last you a month.

Overall I love this product. It's my little secret. <3

UPDATE: My skin looks AMAZING and it's all thanks to this little beauty. This is the only addition to my beauty routine in the last 3 months and I have noticed a huge difference. I haven't gotten a single new pimple in 3 weeks. It's incredible & I am NEVER going without this mask again. Thank you LUSH!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

***WARNING*** if you hate the smell of garlic do not get this mask. Now with that said, the smell doesn't bother me personally, but i'm sure it will some. The results from this mask were so-so, nothing great. Ill stick to my honey brazen mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

This mask seems to help a little when I am having bad break outs or can feel one coming on. I don't have amazing results, but it has a soothing affect and softens my skin. It does smell a bit foul though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by xoxomary

I honetly hate this product :( I usually love everything from lush, but this made me break out so much! I do have severe acne, and when I read the reviews everyone said good things about it! So I thought I should try it out..... probably the worst desicion ever. I hated it, it made me break out on my chin SO much it was horrible, and they were cystic pimples... ew. But ya I have really bad acne and the best face mask for me is BB Seaweed! It is honestly the best. I have horrible acne, but BB Seaweed made it so soft and less ress which I loved, and it reduced the amount of breakouts.
So no, I hate this product but if you want a nice face mask from Lush I would highly recommend BB Seaweed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ComplicatedFashion

This product broke me out so much. I normally have a rare pimple but this caused me to break out from my temples to my chin. Its cystic acne and is very painful. My chin has at least seven pimples and is sore and swollen.I recommend testing it out first before applying it everywhere. Disappointed it didn't work as well as others.