September 1, 2014 | 1040 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cosmetic Warrior Mask

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lucieeeliu

pros: works well, leaves skin super soft and glowing. cons: waay too hard to wash off and clogs the shower drain and sink. i would only repurchase when i have a special/important event coming up.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by KiddieLitre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is a great product, it just didn't work with my skin specifically.

I have combination/sensitive skin that gets oily if it's irritated and tends to get small red irritations here and there. (They don't contain pus, they're not pimples, they're almost like what you get from shaving with a dull razor).

Anyway, I figured I would try this since I have sensitive but "problematic" skin. I can say it really didn't do much. It was a little soothing. It looked like it calmed my skin down a *little* bit. The mask has a "smoothing" feel when it's on/dries.

Since my breakouts aren't actual pimples, just irritations, I suppose I didn't have much of anything for this mask to actually combat. This mask is more for people that have active (real, acneic) breakouts, blackheads, things like that. I would imagine it's good for teenage skin or if you're on your period etc.

All in all, it just wasn't for me. It's a good mask (won awards!), but just wasn't for my skin type. Hope this review was helpful!

3/5 lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Tentatively going to say that this is my HG face mask. I have had acne all my life: mild pimples as a child and full-blown cystic as a teen. I'm 18 now and on birth control. I have lots of scars but overall my skin is the best it's ever been. I use this mask every other night, when I get home for the day. It is not a miracle worker. That being said, it makes my skin look amazing. No other product has ever made my skin look this good. My skin just glows. It doesn't do much for blemishes themselves, but it is fantastic for the overall health of your skin and it seems to have an effect on blackheads.

The smell is strong and garlic. It might make you cry. I don't mind garlic at all, but be forewarned if you have a sensitive nose. You DO NOT want to try this if scent bothers you. I can't use this mask when my roommate is home because she can't stand the smell of it.

The texture is a bit inconsistent. It's thick & creamy mostly, but it tends to have chunks in it. Little, tiny chunks of... stuff? I think my pot wasn't blended as thoroughly as it should have been. Obviously the texture will vary from pot to pot. It's very much a cream that you smear onto your skin.

The mask takes about 30 minutes to dry for me, because I apply it thick and on every inch of my face. I wear it until it dries and then wash it off. This is by far the most easily washed-off face mask I have ever encountered. I splash about 3 times and it's just gone. I use a damp face cloth to get it off the bridge of my nose, under my eyes, in my eyebrows, etc.

It feels average while it's on. I didn't get any burning, tingling, cooling, etc sensations. It just goes on and sits there. It's after you wash it off and pat your face dry that you notice a difference. It makes my skin like silk. Yes, THAT soft. It's amazing!

I've noticed that it diminishes acne. It takes the redness out but doesn't do much to get rid of the overall infection. I have to use a spot treatment first and THEN this mask to get rid of existing blemishes. It's fantastic for preventing acne in the first place, though - I haven't broken out once since I started using this product a few weeks ago. I'm the type of girl who usually wakes up with a new blemish every morning.

It seems to be fading my scars somewhat or at least making them less noticeable. I have a line on my cheek that looks like a slice from a knife, but was actually caused by acne. It's usually inflamed and generally unhappy looking. Right now it's just a discoloration, a little darker than the rest of my skin. Hardly noticeable at all, which is incredible.

I personally really like this mask. I want to use it every night and so far I'm not having trouble with doing so. This mask does not cause me any redness, itching or swelling whatsoever. It's a very calming mask for me. I put it on when I get home and sit down with my tea & laptop until the mask dries, then I get started on dinner/chores. So this mask is my little middle-of-the-day calming ritual.

I would definitely recommend this to a friend. At $6 per pot, it's inexpensive and effective. I love it way more than my Body Shop ionic seaweed mask - which costs close to $20 per pot! One pot of Cosmetic Warrior lasts me about one week if I use it every night, so roughly 7 or 8 applications altogether. Keep in mind that I apply A LOT and EVERY NIGHT, sometimes multiple times a day. If you were to use this as directed, which is up to 3 times a week, I'd say safely that it would last you a month.

Overall I love this product. It's my little secret. <3

UPDATE: My skin looks AMAZING and it's all thanks to this little beauty. This is the only addition to my beauty routine in the last 3 months and I have noticed a huge difference. I haven't gotten a single new pimple in 3 weeks. It's incredible & I am NEVER going without this mask again. Thank you LUSH!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

***WARNING*** if you hate the smell of garlic do not get this mask. Now with that said, the smell doesn't bother me personally, but i'm sure it will some. The results from this mask were so-so, nothing great. Ill stick to my honey brazen mask.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

This mask seems to help a little when I am having bad break outs or can feel one coming on. I don't have amazing results, but it has a soothing affect and softens my skin. It does smell a bit foul though.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by xoxomary

I honetly hate this product :( I usually love everything from lush, but this made me break out so much! I do have severe acne, and when I read the reviews everyone said good things about it! So I thought I should try it out..... probably the worst desicion ever. I hated it, it made me break out on my chin SO much it was horrible, and they were cystic pimples... ew. But ya I have really bad acne and the best face mask for me is BB Seaweed! It is honestly the best. I have horrible acne, but BB Seaweed made it so soft and less ress which I loved, and it reduced the amount of breakouts.
So no, I hate this product but if you want a nice face mask from Lush I would highly recommend BB Seaweed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:56:00 PM More reviews by ComplicatedFashion

This product broke me out so much. I normally have a rare pimple but this caused me to break out from my temples to my chin. Its cystic acne and is very painful. My chin has at least seven pimples and is sore and swollen.I recommend testing it out first before applying it everywhere. Disappointed it didn't work as well as others.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by MissWartooth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff rocks. I use it after a few days of shoddy lazy cleansing (sometimes I fall asleep with makeup on or just wiping off half-assedly with a wipe) and I never break out anymore. When I feel something coming on I slap this on and it never happens. It's reduced existing blemishes very quickly as well. It smells like dirt and garlic but not in a gross way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by SaraDLueders

This is my favorite Lush facemask. The smell is terrible but it's only on your face for ten minutes so it's not thay big of a deal. It really mops up any extra grease on your face but it's also very calming at the same time. Some of the other masks are more detoxifying but I think this mask is the best combo of calming and detoxifying. Good for sensitive skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by applecour

I really like this face mask. I've never really been too into masks, but my husband and I were in Lush picking up some Dream Cream for our daughter and I saw this in the fridge. I had read about it online before, but never really thought to pick it up until right then. I threw it in the shopping bag and kept moving.

Honestly, I didn't really expect much out of it. The first time I put it on, I left it for about 15 minutes. Upon washing it off, I didn't notice a whole lot of difference. The next morning, I was very pleased! I have hormonal, cystic acne on my chin area. This mask greatly dimished the redness and their size was noticeably smaller. I was impressed. My forehead looked like pore less perfection.

Nights that I don't feel like doing my entire face, I'll blot this onto problem areas and rinse off when I wash my face before bed. It's no miracle, "I woke up and they were GONE!", product, but it definitely helps. You other girls with cystic acne know, anything that helps even a little is worth repurchasing.