LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Mask

Kaolin , Fresh Green Grapes (Vitis vinifera) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Honey (Mel) , Cornstarch (Zea mays) , Glycerine , Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , *Limonene , Perfume

on 9/21/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised that this mask is ranked so low! I love it! I'm new to the LUSH bonanza and purchased this fresh mask because it was described as being ideal for sensitive skin. Cosmetic Warrior makes my skin soft and my oil wells (aka pores) look lighter and smaller. I did notice that it dries quite quickly and the thick consistency makes the application a bit patchy-is that just with mine? Should I be stirring the mask before applying? When I put this on, I always have to add a little bit of water to make the application easier. Not a lot, just a few wet fingers. Oh, heads up- it dries slightly tight but I'm guessing that it's from the egg whites.

I read some reviews on this mask and other LUSH masks that they caused break outs and it makes me wonder if they were being used properly. All masks-from LUSH or anyone else- will cause breakouts if you don't wash your face first. Face masks are thick and sit on the face anywhere from 5-20 minutes (depending on the brand) so it's absolutely necessary to wash your face before use! Wearing a mask without washing your face is like putting on makeup without washing your face. You've got to get rid of the surface pollution first or else that mask is going to impact your pores. Not pretty.

on 9/8/2015 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

So I initially invested in this product as I was in dire need of a mask to help my 'time of the month' breakouts. After scouting the internet, it seemed that cosmetic warrior was a favourite amongst the Lush products, with heaps of great reviews with people with acne-prone skin. I gave this product a fair go and even got it twice, but each time I was left thoroughly disappointed. Firstly, of course it has garlic and tea tree, so if you're not alright with strong smells, don't buy this one, because each time I put this mask on, I gagged. However, the low rating of this product has nothing to do with the smell. It doesn't feel that great on your skin, and it is quite drying, which I assume is from the tea tree. After the first few uses, my skin did look better, pigmentation was reduced (not significantly) and my skin looked as though it was getting healthier. But it was only after around 2-3 weeks of use, I could see that my skin was going to explode, I had pimples in places I usually would not get, on my forehead especially and my skin was getting drier (my skin is usually really oily, like you could cook an egg with the amount of grease on there) and I decided to throw this product out. When I threw it out, my skin did take a while to get back to normal. Definitely not worth the price and you also have to refrigerate the tub, and ensure that you finish it by the recommended date (usually around one-two weeks after purchase). 0/10 would recommend.

on 8/22/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

An overall good mask, as soon as I read about the combination of garlic and eggs I knew I had to buy it because of how beneficial these ingredients are to the skin, especially if you have acne/blemish prone skin like I do. and I wasn't disappointed by it one bit!
yes it has the smell of egg whites, but hey this is a treatment mask, what else were you expecting? so that didn't bother me at all. It was very helpful for the process of healing my cystic acne as well. I even slept with this mask, didn't feel too dry, just right.
a good buy, and a potential repurchase.

on 8/6/2015 11:58:00 PM

I've just finished a pot of this mask and all I can really say was that it was ok. The lady at lush gave me this pot when I said I wanted something to help with my acne and pores but that I had dry skin. This stuff doesn't smell good, but it's not unbearable or anything. What this product does is it clears out your pores and draws everything to the surface, so as a result I wake up with a bunch of white headed pimples. But they go away quickly. I definitely see the benefit of drawing them out so your skin is left clear. I would not recommend this product before a big day, but instead to use it a week prior. This mask was a little too dry for my skin but I started applying more moisturizer while using this so it turned out ok. I also found that the packaging made it difficult for me to get the mask out because of my long nails. It was also difficult to remove from my face unless your scrub it off with a wash cloth. Overall I wouldn't repurchase because it is too drying for my skin, and it's at its most oiliest point in the year (summer). But if you have oily skin and have a bunch of pimples under the surface of your skin that you need out then this is for you.

on 5/17/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

It's almost like a Buckley's for your face. It smells terrible but it works :)

on 5/3/2015 11:06:00 PM

One of my favourite Lush masks. Warning: the smell if gross- if you don't like garlic you might want to give this a miss! But other than that I have no problems with this item. It helped clear my breakouts too :)

on 4/13/2015 5:27:00 PM

Everyone complains about the smell, I don't know what people are expecting to smell when they buy a product with garlic and tea tree oil being the main ingredients. I personally think it smells delicious, not like chocolate or cake delicious it's like every time I use it I want to get a bag of carrots or chips to dip them into this, yum! It's not a magic mask but I saw a slight improvement of my pores and blackheads after one use. It has a gentle calming effect for my skin which I love since a lot of products feel like they make my skin angry. This one feels like it is working with my skin to help itself heal. I would recommend this product! If you don't like the smell just think it must really work because it's solely being sold based on it's effectiveness because they can't market it for the smell (unless your the select few like me...)

on 3/21/2015 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't know why people are complaining about the smell when it is clear it has garlic and tea tree. these ingredients do wonders for your skin!

Anyway i got this for free after returning 5 pots and I really needed it as i broke out and had an allergic reaction to my face after using an spf cream.

1. it calmed my itchy red spots immediately
2. it shrunk my white head break out
3. made me glow
4. soft skin!

I have been using this twice a day for 30 minutes each for the past 2 days and i am happy with the results.

I will get it again if i were to break out (hope not!).

on 3/14/2015 8:55:00 AM

I found rotten potatoes in the cupboard as a kid and thought nothing could smell worse but Lush, a brand known for heavenly smells has somehow done it.

The mask is a pretty integral part of my skin care routine (and I've got mixed feelings about it, understandably). I've been using it for at least a year now and actually have to put a bit of the magnaminty mask under my nose to lessen the intensity of the smell because otherwise it's altogether unbearable. there was dry heaving.

My skin is oily, has dry, flaky patches and blackheads galore. Other products I've used have worsened this and I've settled on cosmetic warrior only because the long term results are worth twenty minutes a week of smelling foul. It's not a miracle product, but it works for me and I'll probably stick with it for now.

The price is eh ~~~ but I've gotten maybe eight masks out of one 75g(?) pot.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This face mask seems like it would do some good for people but it wasn't anything special for me. I have used it 3 times now and I just don't really see anything too special happening. My skin feels really nice after I use it but it doesn't really look any better...
and lets be honest no one is feeling my face they're only looking at it.

I love lush face masks, but this just isn't the one for me. It may just be my skin type.

I bought this because I had some blemishes and I have small acne scars.

I LOVE some of the other Lush fresh face masks though I definitely recommend picking one up.