October 1, 2014 | 1326 users online

Moisturizers - Darphin - HydraSkin Rich

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i love this moisturizer. it smooths and plumps my dehydrated acne prone skin without causing any breakouts whatsoever. it smells good. the glass jar is nice and i don't have problems since i always use clean hands when i apply it. but damn it is pricy. especially for an ordinary no frills moisturizer. this won't help smooth wrinkles or do any anti aging stuff. but my skin is radiant when i use it. right now i am on a budget so i have switched to nivea soft, but as soon as i have the money i will go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Kaffeesansmilch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This moisturizer works extremely well on my dry and dehydrated, breakout prone skin. It absorbs almost immediately and feels very lightweight, yet very hydrating at the same time. I only need to use a little bit. I get absolutely no discomfort from this cream, and I have significantly fewer pimples since I started using this. It provides exactly the right amount of hydration for me most days (when my skin feels extra dry, I put a serum on before this cream). This cream really leaves my skin soft, so soft, in fact, that my boyfriend wants to touch my face all the time! I have also noticed that my skin looks a lot better since I have been using it. Not only do I have fewer breakouts, but the texture of my skin seems to have actually improved! I was reluctant to try this cream at first, because of the long and botanical ingredient list, but as I said, I had no negative reactions at all from it. I use it morning and night, and it keeps my skin feeling comfortable. Before I started using this, I had very tight, uncomfortable feeling cheeks. I would definitely recommend this cream to anyone with dry and dehydrated breakout prone skin. I definitely plan to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by beauty888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is great as a night time moisturizer. It does not give me break outs. It does not feel greasy just moisturised.

On colder dry days, a serum applied under this moisturizer is good.

It does have a fragrance and may not appeal to everyone.

When I wake up in the morning I can feel the cream still there on my face. My skin feels calmer after I put this cream on. It is pricey but for me this jar will last me through winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by milktoast24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This velvety cream won me over on the shelf with the first 3 ingredients: Water, Glycerin, and Shea Butter.

On my dry, dehydrated skin, it's pretty amazing how quickly it absorbed with no residual, no silicone-y coating. *shloop*-- my skin just drank it up and felt protected, comforted, and hydrated. Most rich skin creams tend to sit on the surface, clogging and creating a too-rich environment, but not this one. No irritation, breakouts, or stinging, Hydraskin Rich also has the ability to re-layer without pilling or greasiness. I like the fact that key ingredients appear pretty high up on the list, way above the fragrance and preservatives. Paraben-free as well.

I would recommend this for any dry skin in need of hydration and comfort without greasy build-up. It's a bit pricey, but if your skin is sensitive to everything else out there, you might want to give this a try. A lot of Darphin spas use this product in their facial routines, so much that there exists a 6.7 oz tube of Hydraskin Rich retailing for $200 (this I have).

if you're looking for true anti-aging technology in a moisturizer, look elsewhere. Hydraskin's not meant to compete with the peptides and sirtuins out there. it just does its job, yet simply and luxuriously.

Ingredients:
water, glycerin, shea butter (butyrospermium parkii), glyceryl stearate Se, hydrogenated polyisobutene, hydrogenated polydecene, tridecyl trimellitate, butylene glycol, decyl olivate, imperata cylindrica root extract, stearic acid, dimethicone, mango seed butter, mango fruit extract, cyathea medullaris leaf extract, inulin, tocopheryl acetate, panthenol, tocopherol, palmitic acid, sodium stearate, squalane, caprylyl glycol, sodium chloride, carbomer, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, sodium hydroxide, sodium metabisulfate, sodium benzoate, chlorphenesin, tetrasodium edt, bht, fragrance.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2008 6:52:00 AM More reviews by TinaGreece

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

PIC of ingredients.
I wasn't too thrilled with this moisturiser as I felt it was too 'slippery' in texture and my skin was not absorbing this too well, i.e. I felt it was sitting on my skin rather than sinking in. In addition, this made me look a shiny mess.
So, I was quite disappointed as I had really high hopes for it. I went through half the jar when I decided to throw in the towel. I'm now just using it on my neck and decollete after showering. I much prefer and am happy with Clarins' Multi Intensive Super Restorative Day Cream which I went back to (on my third jar).
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Cranberrybabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best moisturizer I've ever tried. It helped my sensitive dehydrated skin to recover after cold russian winter combined with a/c office place and central heating.

Hydraskin Rich has a wonderful whipped cream texture, thick but airy.
It soaks very quickly into skin and leaves only a subtle shine.
During 2 months of use this cream made my skin looking healthy and definitely hydrated enough. It never caused any breakouts (the most unpleasant thing which I get from 70% of moisturizers). This pretty Darphin jar is a bit pricey, but it's 200% worth it's money.

I would recommend this moisturizer to every girl with that awuful type of combination skin which seems to be a bit dry at some places, a bit oily at T-zone, dehydrated and sensitive to mineral oils, myristates and all other pore-blocking chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2007 4:03:00 PM More reviews by darknessa

HydraSkin Rich is my HG Moisturizer. This is Darphin's best product, period. When I use it, my skin just looks fantastic - subtly dewy and really friggin healthy. It just sinks perfectly into my skin without leaving a greasy residue. Even though it's a cream, it's gentle enough that it doesn't give my sensitive, reactive skin any problems. The moisture lasts and lasts so my skin feels soft and silky all day. It seems the more I use it, the better my skin gets. I really can't rave enough about this spectacular moisturizer. Go out and snag a sample if you can. It is a little pricey, BUT the jar will last you forever because a little bit of this cream goes a long way.

Just as a disclaimer: This isn't an anti-aging cream so don't expect this to lessen wrinkles or function like botox. But if you are looking for moisture, look no further. Or, if you want something that assists with anti-aging, just use a good serum before using this and/or an antioxidant sunscreen. You won't be sorry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2005 3:03:00 AM More reviews by msp12

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I may be the odd one out, as this is the second HydraSkin product I have tried that is as wonderful as it is awful. As has been said already, the moisturising properties are incredible: it is a thick cream that works wonders in tiny amounts (a jar of this would probably last twice as long as any of the other Darphin creams). It sinks into the skin easily, leaving a dewy finish with barely a trace of shine. I've only tried a handful of Darphin moisturisers (Arovita C, Hydra Light, Intral), and Hydra Rich leaves the best finish imho. Yet, the cream makes my skin itch and tingle rather uncomfortably, as if I had applied a witch hazel toner with an abundance of alcohol. But my face looks wonderful and doesn't suffer from reactions. For me, the sensation isn't worth putting up with, but I hope others have better experiences.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2005 1:35:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best moisturizers that I've ever tried. It really penetrates into you skin, doesn't just stay on the top like most of other moisturizers. What I particularly like is its soothing formula. It moisturizes but also calms the skin, makes the skin comfortable, soft and revitalised. I'm over 40 so I need something anti-aging, anti-wrinkle for my day cream and only a moisturizing cream like this is not enough for me any more, but I like to use this cream when I want to rest my skin from makeup and heavier anti-aging creams... If your skin is normal to dry and sensitive/delicate I highly recommend you to try this cream. I prefer Darphin Hydraskin line to Fibrogene line (for dry skin that lacks lipids). Obviously my skin is only dehydrated.
Hydraskin Rich contains vegetal fresh cells of Mango, mamaku (a New Zealand fern) etc. that protect even the most demanding/dehydrated/ delicate skins.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 2:17:00 AM More reviews by chilli

My skin really loves this, especially in the winter time. My cheeks are dry all year round and this is one of the only moisturizers which really gats ri of those dry patches. And it doesn't leave the T-zone greasy if applyed very thinly (you really don't need a thick layer!).