October 2, 2014 | 1221 users online

Conditioner - Alterna - hemp seed shine conditioner

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Like the accompanying shampoo - this is a good product but used in conjunction with the hemp shine shampoo - similar smell to the shampoo. A fine product. My hair benefited from use of this and I used it for months.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was dazzled by the pretty packaging. This is the first conditioner I've used that makes my hair drier than it normally is. WTH?? It smells synthetic in a bad way. Yucky stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by someday33

This conditioner is just ok. I bought the set hoping that since they are sulfate free, they would not dry out my scalp. My skin and scalp always dry out during the winter, and this shampoo and conditioner did nothing to help...not that the bottles say that they should. As for my hair, it is shiny and soft, but most salon products leave it shiny and soft. The shampoo smells divine, but the conditioner smells like burnt plastic IMO. The conditioner is a little on the thin side and my hair soaks it up right away. I have been using an ultra-hydrating treatment once a week since this conditioner is not very hydrating. As long as my hair is short, this is not a bad conditioner, but for when my hair is longer, I definitely need something that is more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by FashionProfusion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

This is a wonderful shine conditioner and its hemp seed oil is perfect for dry hair
Cavier would be more hydrating but this still is a fabulous product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2005 12:26:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This conditioner really works for me. I have fine hair which has been colored and highlighted, plus an oily scalp. I use this together with the hemp seed shine shampoo and not only does my hair look full and shiny but also I can skip a shampoo the next day. With other products, I have to wash my hair every day, otherwise it ends up looking limp. I do have a beef with the packaging, however. It's pretty and original - and totally impractical. Getting product out of the bottle is a real chore; plus the bottle's shape makes it difficult to grip when you're in the shower and your hands are wet.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:53:00 PM More reviews by aming63

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special about this conditioner! The bottle is also very annoying to squeeze the conditioner out of!!! wouldnt waste my money on it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2005 8:39:00 PM More reviews by pantyhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Alterna products but am too cheap to buy them on a regular basis. This is one of the best conditioners I have ever used. I love the packaging..very colorful :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2004 9:24:00 PM More reviews by FlamingJune5dwj

i have used many alterna products, and this had been my least favorite. it made my hair feel dry, and as though it had been stripped of moisture, maybe its the citrus in the product. if you have very oliy hair this might be good for you, but after several washings i never used it again. it does smell very nice though... i have a friend who was happier with it, but for anyone with fine hair that tends to be dry, i dont recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2004 12:06:00 PM More reviews by sh99x

I use this as an "everyday" conditioner, and find it does a good job of "everyday" conditioning--it is not a deep conditioner, but it smoothes and softens my hair without buildup. It smells nice, orange-y, and it comes in a cool looking bottle. My hairstylist(like so many) loves Alterna and recommends it, but I buy through e-bay because it is much more affordable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2004 9:21:00 PM More reviews by rjulie510

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hairstylist put me on Alterna hemp shine shampoo and conditioner for my highlighted dry hair after I complianed Aveda color conserve wasn't moisturizing enough for me. This conditioner is by far one of the worst I've ever tried. It doesn't condition. It doesn't detangle at all. I don't think it did anything except building up on my hair and stripping off my red wine highlights.
The bottle looks cute, but it's pain in the ass to squeeze out conditioner during shower.
I'm using it as a shave gel on my legs to use it up.
Stay away! Aveda color conserve was MUCH better than this.