October 25, 2014 | 991 users online

Cleansers - Physicians Formula - Gentle Cleansing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this. I just use it for when Im in the shower! It reminds me a ton of the gentle cetephil cleanser. Has the same type of smell and feel to it.

I will probably buy it again when it runs out unless Im experimenting with something else first!
**EDIT**
I changed my mind about this one... after using it a few times regularly (not in the shower) because my other cleanser ran out, I found that this started to break me out with small pimples on my face. I assume again its because of the mineral oil in it (I cant use anything with mineral oil). Im not sure If ill keep using this in the shower or not, I think ill just end up throwing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 6:02:00 PM More reviews by sesame57

I used to use makeup wipes to remove my makeup, such as the Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes, but this routine started to become a bit pricey in the long run. The makeup wipes were convenient, but when used daily, I found myself constantly buying refill packs. I found some of the liquid toner makeup removers too harsh on my skin and removing my makeup with cotton balls or pads proved to be inefficient. Finally, I ended up using my face cleanser to wash off my makeup, which worked, but wasn't efficient in washing away waterproof mascara or eyeliner. Then, my mom introduced me to Physicians Formula Gentle Cleansing Lotion. She had been using it for a long time and suggested I use it when she discovered my dual purpose face cleanser ritual while on a trip with me.

At first I was a bit skeptical. All it looks like is a bottle of moisturizer. How is this going to remove my makeup, dirt, and oils from my face? I tried it nonetheless and quickly fell in love with it. All I need is a small quarter-size dollop of this product to remove makeup from my entire face. The lotion is non-greasy and I apply it with my finger tips in circular motions. When I wipe the lotion off with a Kleenex tissue, I can see all the makeup and dirt the lotion removed from my face. This product does not leave my skin irritated or dry like other makeup toner products I previously used. My waterproof mascara and eyeliner is wiped away completely (no raccoon eyes!). The lotion is also hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, and dermatologist approved. I follow-up with washing my face with my face cleanser and then apply Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2, and then Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion.

I love this product because it does a great job in removing all of my makeup and lasts a long time. It retails in drugstores for about $7 to $8, so even if Physicians Formula products are not on sale, it is still a very affordable option to purchase. Moms really know best!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by PixieMoonbeam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This creamy, unscented lotion is my favorite cleanser. I discovered it a few years ago upon realizing that my Paula's Choice cleanser was actually irritating my sensitive, moderately dry skin. I experienced the same problem with Cetaphil.

I am acne and rosacea prone, but I haven't been significantly bothered by either since I've been washing my face with this cleanser and using only very bland, gentle, unscented products.

My only problem with it is that it isn't available in most stores. I live in the Pacific Northwest and purchase mine at Fred Meyer, which is the only store in which I have been able to find it. I haven't tried to order it online.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kelleythegreat

Gentle it is! Very soothing, easy to rinse, does a decent job at removing makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I wish this was sold at Walgreen's/CVS, however, rather than having to order it offline =/

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This cleanser feels soothing on my dry and sensitive skin. It's a medium-textured lotion that requires a damp washcloth for removal. ( I use a separate makeup remover.) The lotion is a little too thick for me, so I no longer use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a gentle cleansing lotion that can be washed or tissued off. I like how hydrated my skin feels after using it and it is a good rival for my HG Bobbi Brown Creamy Cleanser except that BB's is thicker; both leave the same hydrated feeling. Nice size 8-ounce bottle is dirt cheap. I can see this working for all skin types except for very oily. Will not give up my BB cleanser but will rebuy this and switch off. Great product for sensitive skins that are affected by fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2006 1:03:00 PM More reviews by AMIGIRL

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Obviously everyone's skin is different, but the majority feel, like me, that this product is very gentle to their skin. I find it so gentle in fact, I have been using it for years primarily as my eye makeup remover. Like any cleansers and creams, I avoid getting it in my eyes, but it is so gentle, that I know 99.99999% that if I were to get it into my eyes, it would not irritate my eyes at all. I just love how it removes even the tough waterproof mascara without being so harsh as to having lashes pulled out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2005 8:06:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does not seem to take all my m/u off and it stung my face which is not sensitive at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2004 1:15:00 PM More reviews by sencha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

*dry & very sensitive skin* This has a very light/delicate lotion texture that is very gentle, FF & rinses off easily w/ H2O. This goes on like liquid silk & it is completely non-irritating.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2004 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Adriana_C

My skin began to break out a few months ago, so I tried battling it with acne cleaners that made it irritated and worse. Then I decided to take a new approach with this simple cleanser, and so far (as of 3 weeks) it has worked very well! My skin is no longer dry, and I've only had a couple small zits since I started. My skin feels soft and refreshed every time I use it. I also started drinking more water at the same time, so some of the benefits may be attributed to that. UPDATE: I've been using this for almost 2 months, and everything is still going well. I'm amazed that something so gentle and moisturing keeps my skin clear.