December 19, 2014 | 1573 users online

Bath Treatments - LUSH - Floating Island

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was cool And interesting to watch as I put it in the bath water it swirled around in circles. To me it smelt of vanilla and cake?! Not a scent Id choose for a bath but a bit different.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by BrightWhiteHeart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My ABSOLUTE favorite bath product by LUSH. I've gotten and used over 15 of these babies! Makes my skin so silky smooth, and it smells amazing (to me!). Everyone's smell-preference is different, but this one is my personal favorite.

Usually, I'll only melt half of it in my bath, and then use the other half for a second bath later. I'm someone that takes 15minute baths... 30 minutes MAX. I'm a nurse, and after working 13 hours, a short bath loosens up my back and helps me sleep. My chiropractor says he tells all of the nurses he helps to take a bath every day after work to save/preserve their backs. Now you can see why bath products are so dang important to me. Regular baths will dry you out. The bath melts though, add just the right moisture without making my skin feel oily -- I have pretty average skin. Not dry on it's own... but after a couple daily baths, I feel like I'm gonna crack all over without a little somethin'.(:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favourite Lush product that I've tried. It smells nice before you put it in the bath, but once it's in the water it's just amazing. The thing I really like is that it makes your skin feel soft for ages afterwards, and the scent lingers. Some of the other bath melts and bubble bars tend to dry out my skin, which kind of defeats the purpose. It is expensive, but I would definitely recommend giving this a go if you like luxurious bath treatments.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by poonamguinn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the oils in this bomb, makes my skin feel smooth after. I cut them in half so the scent is not too strong, definitely buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

This bath melt smells of vanilla and a little woodsy smelling. I have a little two kid bath tub in the house were renting right now and usually only take baths when I'm sick or sore. So i cut mine into four pieces. To me floating island is a combination of a bath melt and a bath bomb. It froths a little like a bath bomb making the water very soft but it also melts making the water a little oily. But not as oily as you've been mangoes or happy blooming. It takes about five mins for the 1/4 chuck to dissolve and it does fill the whole bath tub. The smell is extremely light but it does linger on your skin afterwards. This is one of my fav because the smell isn't over powering and my skin is always soft but not oily when I get out. I plan on trying the melt marshmallows one next. With cutting them in four I feel like I get a decent bang for my buck.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely smelling this one! Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by keleybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I heard lots of raves about this one, but i don't know if I got a bad one! :( I ordered it in a huge haul from the Lush UK site (don't remember if I ever smelled it in store prior to online purchase) & I was SO looking forward to trying my first bath melt (I'm typically into bath bombs), but this smelled super yuck & gross to me! It smelled & looked like putting a big greyish-whitish clump of clay or playdoh in my bath! :( Pretty unpleasant...Anyone else experience the same weird icky smell??? I only give it an extra point for being moisturizing... I recently got MMM bath melt & hoping it will improve my opinion of bath melts... Otherwise, I may be sticking with my bath bombs and few bubble bars...

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by nikkinapalm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Floating Island smelled like EW EW EWWW. To me, the scent was very strong, but maybe that's because I didn't like it. Smelled like Saw wood and flea shampoo, and maybe a little vanilla. It did leave my skin very soft, and I enjoyed watching it float, sink, and spin in circles in my tub, haha. I don't think I'll be getting this one again, but definitely want to try other bath melts.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty average. I absolutley loved the scent in-store and at home, but as soon as I put it in the bath, all I could smell was bi-carb and something a bit odd which I couldn't identify-no sandalwood or lemon. It took aggggggeeeees to "melt", I had to help it along because my bath was going cold. Yes it moisturised my skin, but no more than some of the bath ballistics and bubble bars I have used prior to Floating Island. Perhaps I got a dud, but I would not buy this again. It's a shame, because out of all the things I've bought recently, this is the one I was looking forward to the most.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by browneyez1228

I love this product!! I hate spending so much money on a bath bomb for just some fizz but this bath melt is so worth it !! To me the scent is sweet but light reminds of vanilla. It melts beautiful and leaves my skin so smooth ♥ it!