Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Tint - Talula

4.1

on 9/28/2008 6:31:00 AM

Love this colour. Was hunting down a similar colour to NARS Babe lipgloss after finding the texture too sticky and unbearable. This is almost identical in colour, just a different, sheer lipstick texture rather than glossy. I love how this glides on your lips and the colour is super rich. It doesn't have the most fantastic staying power, but fades nicely to a coral-red. The only thing I don't like is the rosey smell. I prefer my lip products to be fragrance free, but it wasn't enough to take off a lippie. Definitely a keeper for those who like a bold lip from time to time (like me).

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Kevyn Aucoin's Lip Tint's are my HG for lipstick, let that be known. This one I bought today, and I do love the orange-based red shade rather than the classic blue based, but like the other ladies said it did wear off leaving a coral outline that wasn't very cute to me, and I had to re-apply. But the texture of these l/s's are truly amazing.

on 10/4/2007 9:56:00 PM

Originally, when I bought this product, the lipstick had come off inside the cap and I had to exchange it for a new one. The color is a true coral red, exactly as you would imagine it. So, if you do not like orange, don't buy this color. It is a definite, strong, orangey-red. It goes on quite dramatically, and requires some blotting. It doesn't have the longest-lasting stain capability, but it works well enough and shows up beautifully in photographs. A great alternative to the classic, movie star red lipstick.

on 8/6/2007 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A lovely color, and the most gorgeous texture ever for a lipstick...I wish that I had this in lipgloss form as well (I tend to be more of a lipgloss person, but I just couldn't resist this one). I apply just a bit of Talula, and spread it around as a lip stain. It feels much less drying than a stain and lasts a long time that way...and it also makes my teeth look very white! Highly recommended for those with warm complexions. This is a great makeup line overall.

on 6/2/2006 1:12:00 PM

THIS IS A GREAT CORAL RED SHEER LIPSTICK THAT IS VERY DRAMATIC BUT DOES NOT COME OUT SCREAMING ON YOU LIKE SOME RED'S DO. THE PACKAGING IS BEAUTIFUL (but that does not make a gr8 lipstick) AND THE TEXTURE IS WONDEERFUL. THE DOWNSIDE TO THIS LIPSTICK IS IT HAS TO BE REAPPLIED OFTEN BECAUSE OF THE SHEER TEXTURE AND IT IS VERY EXPENSIVE AND HARD TO FIND. I USUALLY GRAVITATE TOWARD BRICK RED'S BUT THIS IS A NICE CHANGE AS IT BRIGTENS YOUR FACE UP INSTANTLY.

on 11/13/2004 11:38:00 PM

This is a stunning, bright coral red lipstick. Itís a little too orange for my GGG skin, but I imagine it looks hot on girls who can pull this color off. What did impress me about this lipstick was the texture. It was so smooth and weightless and, at the same time, heavily pigmented. This color may not have worked for me, but I am quite eager to try these tints in other shades!

on 8/3/2004 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This turns out to be exactly like its name: coral red on my lips, and can be applied sheer or building up for more. This is an interesting option if I want something special , not YLBB or boring color. The texture is so soft and easy to apply on, and it's very pigmented. Talula actually suits me better than Princessa for my NC30 skin, and its redness adds abit drama to my look. Mind you, it leans towards red abit more with strong coral tint. Might be too bright if you wear YLBB all the time. UPDATED: ok, slight drying and gone in a few hrs. one lippie off.

on 6/18/2004 5:32:00 PM

As far as color goes, this is one of the lovliest reds I've ever owned- I'd give it a 10 out of 10. The sheerness of it makes for flushed, organic looking red lips, naturally heightened with color; as if one were heated up from within. I almost think of it as romantic bodice-ripper novel heroine type of red, as opposed to done up in red lipstick type of red. Please bear in mind though, my blue-undertone lips haven't got much pigment, so the reds I choose need to lean toward the coral to keep from turning magenta. I removed one point because it wears away rather quickly just in the center of my lips, leaving an outline of color, so I need to check and reapply frequently. Texture and finish are just fine; neither too drying nor greasy/moisturizing. The tube itself is a stunner, elegant and a pleasure to handle.

Recommended for Medium Skin