July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - Playful Weightless Creme Pomade

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Catronw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My only problem with this stuff is that I wish it had a little more holding power. Otherwise totally awesome product. I got it because it said it would "clump" my hair, something that sounds gross but what it means is make it piece-y and "clump" locks of hair together instead of having all your hairs separate and be all frizzy. It smells like cocoa butter frosting, it's kind of too strong for me but it doesn't linger so no biggie. I recently got a short haircut, almost pixie style and I needed something to add a bit of wildness and volume. This separates and texturizes my hair. It doesn't really spike/messify my hair but it still gives it a nice softer tousled hair look. It is nice compact packaging and is super cheap (4 bucks?) and I would most likely buy again, though I seem to be buying every pomade/putty in sight.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by leiraloveall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Hands down the best pomade I have ever used. It's also the only hair product I constantly buy more of. Never leaves a gross residue streak or stickiness like most other pomades I've tried. It did flake a little but it went barely unnoticed by myself. The smell isn't half bad either. Keeps my pomp up all day looking slick with no frizz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 5:38:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

BEST POMADE EVER!
I've tried several different pomades, and this one is definitely the best. It's even better than the more expensive one I tried from the "blow" salon line. It smells wonderful and it's cheap. You get a good amount of product, and the container is practical. And, most importantly, it makes my hair look fabulous. I applied it while my hair was still pretty wet. You only need to use a little bit. It doesn't leave a nasty sticky feeling on your fingers like a lot of other styling products, in fact it kind of feels like you applied lotion to your hands after you put this in your hair. It gave me that piece-y texturized style that I love and all I had to do was tousel it a little bit with my fingers after applying and then let it air dry. Also, my hair doesn't feel like it has any product in it, which is miraculous. It doesn't leave my hair with that stiff feeling you usually get with mousse or hairspray, it just looks natural. Don't buy this if you're looking for something that provides a really strong, stiff hold. It provides a nice flexible hold that lets hair look natural and feel soft. I will definitely buy more of this product once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I LOVE THIS STUFF. It smells great, but is very subtle (plus for me). This pomade keeps my hair soft and smooth, and also provides shine. I use this on dry hair and it never gets too sticky or chunky on me. This won't hold bold looks, or atleast for very long, but is fantastic for enhancing natural hair texture. I find that this also helps with frizz.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2011 8:54:00 AM More reviews by cemollenberg

It just left me ends dry and sticky; like gum in the bottom of my hair. I like the way it smelled, and it was cheap, but I keep trying to use it and all it does is make my hair feel sticky. No thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lillian100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great for wavy / curly hair that needs more definition to the waves. I had so called "digital perm", which started losing definition and getting straight pretty soon. My hair is limp and frizzy. This saves me. I dry my hair to about 50% dry. Rub a quarter size of this between hands and scratch and rub my hair. i have long hair which requires 2xquarter size of this product. Then I blow dry my hair with a diffuser. It works really well. I go to sleep directly and the next morning I still have pretty waves. I would say the lasting power is good. This is not for people who needs strong holding power or sharp look. I don't think its good for clean-cut, bob, short hair. This is somewhat more of the moisturizing site so it help reduce frizziness. So don't use this close to the scalp as it will make your hair look oil. Works best with wavy hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

Bought this for definition. I can't say that it's doing a good job. Good when I first apply it but the look dosen't last. The only use I have out of it is taiming my flyaways. That not too bad since it was realy inexpensive. The smell is indeed very nice but I will not repurshase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by frostphire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't really say much, considering I just bought this product at this very moment... But! As all the other reviewers said, the pomade smells delicious... I always want to eat it! (Luckily, it does not smell this way when you put it through your hair... As much as I adore the smell beforehand, I'd rather not have my hair smelling like vanilla frosting.) My hair was curled early in the morning before I put this pomade in... After working through the curls, I was delighted to find that my curls were defined. My straightened bangs were also piecer. I am curious to see the results of this pomade through my naturally straight hair...
This products price is well worth it too.
For now, I am pretty pleased with the results and will probably be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by scorpio3813

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, seriously....this stuff smells so good, I was tempted to stick my nose right into it. YUM!!! As others have already mentioned, it smells of butter cream icing mixed with cool whip. But it doesn't smell like that after applying to your hair, so don't worry that you'll smell like a freshly iced cake when you're finished.

I confess, I'm a hair pomade/paste junkie. I have at least 10 different kinds of hair paste under my sink right now. My hair is probably what some would call a pixie cut, but longer on top. I normally go for a paste type of product to give my hair texture and "stand up-ability". This is NOT one of those products. However, I think it does have its place in the short hair styling spectrum. I can't speak to longer hair because I've always had short hair.

This is good for getting the piecy look, but you'll definitely need a freezing spray if you want it to stay in place (unless you have super duper short hair). Smear a dab into your palm, rub palms together and scrunch it into your hair, then use some on your fingertips to get the piecyness worked out. The price is right - got BOGOF at Walgreen's this week.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up, but not if you're looking for a harder hold product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 2:56:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a pretty easy to use cream pomade that by itself, has very little hold. I think this is meant to be used to add texture to hair and accentuate layers and such. I think it works well even with longer hair b/c it isn't super stiff or sticky its creamy and very workable. I use a finger scoop and that gets me good texture throughout my entire mid length thick hair. If you leave it like that, the style will hold for maybe an hour or two and then it will fall out. To make it last, you have to set it liberally with hairspray. I just wish it has a bit more hold but I guess if it does, it would be sticker like waxes and such, which doesn't work too well for longer hair. I don't mind having to set it with hairspray since that brushes out easy whereas a stronger product would really gunk up my hair and make me have to wash it out every time. With this product, I can rework my hair pretty easily.