August 30, 2014 | 1757 users online

Lip Gloss - Maybelline - Wet Shine Diamonds Lipgloss - Blue Blast

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2004 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Caprig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

BLUE BLAST from MAYBELLINE WET DIAMOND LIQUID collection. Hmmm. How do I describe this?

Well, in the tube, the color is a light pink gloss base with intense amounts of icy turquoise shimmer in it. Also in the mix are random pieces of iridescent glitter similar to that which you find in the WET N WILD MEGASPARKLE color WHITE ICING. Not too gritty, but just a hint here and there.

The applicator is a horrid sponge tip which I can not stand. I only use it when I am out and HAVE to. I prefer to use an old LANCOME STAR GLOSS brush from an empty container. Gets out much more gloss and applies it a lot nicer.

When applied, the light turquoise color fades to an icy blue over a light pink color. In sunlight, the effect is very light. In darker subdued light, the blue shows up a bit more. I wear this with turquoise shadow (MAC SHADESTICK IN SEA ME) and turquoise clothing and it looks very pale in comparison, so the blue does not look out of place at all. That is usually when I use this gloss. This color blue is one of my perfect colors to wear, so it is not usually a problem for me as it might be for other people.

There is not really a scent, which I like, nor is there a distinct noticeable taste either. The texture is not the best. Kind of thick, slick, but not as intense as MAC LIPGLASS or LANCOME JUICY TUBES. I find that I have to reapply more often, about once every 30-45 minutes or so (not eating).

Because of the unusual color, I would buy this again ON SALE, as I found the regular $6.49 price tag to be too much for what you get. The total product is .17oz, compared to .5 oz of JUICY TUBE for comparison.

If JUICY TUBES or LIPGLASS were to come out with this color, I would prefer to get that- as I know it will stay on longer and go further. For what it is, I like BLUE BLAST. The color is perfect to wear now and then in the summer with fun pastels and bright turquoises. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Maaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ha...this is truly an odd color for a gloss, but since I like the color blue I figured I'd give it a little try so I purchased this color with Coral Motion, heightening my collection of WSDL to eight. Sadly, I haven't tried any so I decided to try one today. I wasn't leaving the house but wanted to wear a l/g, and being that no one was going to see me I didn't want to use any good ones. So, first thing to pop into my mind was Blue Blast. Got the tube, was a little scared of the color but thought, what the heck, and pulled out the sponge. Yikes, gray!--but that didn't stop me so I put it on, laughing at the fact that I made it that far. Hmm...nice texture. Everyone keeps saying that it's very watery but it was thick on me, maybe just this collection? Glitter was a little gritty, but bearable nonetheless. Color...okay, here's where it gets interesting. A sorta grayish-bluish-purple tint with high shine and colorful glitter, which wasn't that big (probably gets bigger deeper inside the tube). No deep color, thank goodness, just a tint on my natural lip color but then again my lips are pigmented so you can dare if you've got that type of courage ^_^. I'm weird, so I like this color!! But I don't recommend it to those who are normal!! Ha, just kidding, your choice not mine...but very unique color...that's all I've gotta say.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2004 5:36:00 PM More reviews by SwitchbladeFaerie

I absolutly love this color. It goes on a sheer blue tint with a hint of glitter on my lips. It looks great. Too bad its LE.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2004 6:54:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This color is so cute. Who would have thought that turquoise lip gloss would look so good?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2004 8:10:00 AM More reviews by bekki6758

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well I bought this hoping it would show up a blue color (I'm weird what can I say lol!), but as my lips are very pigmented, I always have problems with blue colors looking more purplish and that's what happened with this one too. It was very pretty and shimmery, but I have a ton of purple/lavendar/lilac glosses already so I wouldn't buy again.