December 22, 2014 | 1234 users online

Lip Treatments - Mary Kay - Satin Lip Set (Mask and Balm)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by Aprilsfool413

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Maybe I used too much of this product when I tried it, but it made my lips feel like they had been sunburnt after using it... So yea now my lips burn. The balm was nice though. It seemed very moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by blakeraos

I tried this out at a consultant appointment that I went to for a friend, liked it and ended up purchasing it. I've made it about half-way through both tubes and I can honestly say that a washcloth and chapstick or eos work better. The mask does not exfoliate dead skin cells, at least not as much as I need it to, but I have been a notorious lip peeler when they used to get dry and chapped. And the lip balm does not soak it, it feels like olive oil on my lips and when I breath in the smell/taste (not sure the correct term for it) is stale-ish. If you have very sensitive skin/lips yeah the mask would work, as long as you didn't make peeling whole layers of the skin on your lips off. The lip balm, don't bother. It is slipperier than a wet bar of soap in a shower.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 10:25:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I tried this years ago and it's OK but not a holy grail for the price. I prefer Beauticontrols "Lip A-Peel" better for exfoliation and I like alot of lip balms better than this.

That said, this is not a bad product and there are many worse on the market.
Ok but not a must-try for me and I won;t buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

This review in only on Satin Lips Lip Balm, which is part of the Mary Kay Satin Lips two-step lip care system; I don't use the Lip Mask. The set is $18, but if you buy the lip balm alone, it costs $10. For my part, I like that it's "invisible" (clear) because it works with everybody & I don't want the added drama of wondering about colours when I'm seeking relief for dry, rough lips. This lip treatment has no fragrance & I didn't have any adverse reaction to any of its ingredients. Satin Lips Lip Balm is very soothing & moisturizing, but it's not long-lasting on my lips. If I do decide to wear it, I have to reapply it a few times. I think this lip treatment is essential to anyone's collection regardless of whether or not you buy/use the complete set.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Xxelodiexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I.m addicted to lip products , i think i spend 200$ in lips product every yrs , this satin lips is just normal to me , does'nt do anything special , and i'ts super greasy and melt idk , weird . but i like to put it when it's super cold outside anmd before i go to sleep ,

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:28:00 PM More reviews by s29m18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The mask is a good exfoliant, but it's drying. The balm is extremely runny and average. No long term moisturization here, and for the steep price, there ought to be. I've gotten better lip treatments at Walgreens for less money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

loved the exoliating mask, was not impressed with the balm. you can get this elsewhere for much less. $9.50 a tube is quite pricey. yes, it melts right into your lips & does soften but so does my tube of aquaphor.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by HausOfCanvas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mary Kay Satin Lip mask beat out one of my Lush products. For me that is very hard to do. It works so quickly and leaves your lips flake free and so soft! I just follow up with a lip chap or use this product before my lip stick. love, love, love and would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Noboho

A friend of mine gave me a couple of these as a gift and since then, I've used it twice. I can really see a difference in the softness of my lips! They aren't peeling and they don't get dry the way they did before I started using this! I was taken aback by how odd it felt the first time I used it. I had never put a mask on my lips, let alone heard of "lip masks." I love that this also contains little particles for exfoliation! That's a very nice touch. This is my first experience with Mary Kay and I would be lying if I said it didn't make me curious about the rest of the line. I remember my mother using Mary Kay when I was a little girl and whenever I use this it brings back fond memories of her light pink Mary Kay compacts and lipstick tubes on our bathroom countertop all those years ago :) .

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Narasen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Being a lip product junkie, for me this was a surprise winner. I have so many lip balms, treatments and scrubs including the crazy $$$ La Mer Lip balm. I love the mask /scrub, it gets all the flaky dryness off my lips. The balm leaves them so smooth and soft like no other product I've tried and being so affordable too...Bonus! I love it!