LUSH LUSH - Whole Store

3.2

on 7/22/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am a LUSH noob so I can say I am so obsessed by their products so many good things! I love how they are environmentally conscious, vegetarian, & concerned about packaging/carbon foot print plus the products contain no preservatives & many natural ingredients. The best aspect is how evthing smells so awesome! I found it a luxury store but ev time I go to the mall I have to buy something there which has been exactly twice since I saw their little stand in Macy's. I almost always make a beeline for MAC so I can say LUSH is life altering (lol!), their products have improved my hair & appearance; & made getting ready from a drudgery to joy using their products. Both times I got samples too!! The SAs are enthusiastic & go the extra mile. I'm obsessed w LUSH it's my newest muse all of my disposable income seems to be going their way! I cannot say enough good things about LUSH the concept is brilliant but the website sux hard to navigate. All of the LUSH products i own I heard of be coz of MUA (free advertising!). NOT gimmicky. Like the real deal!!

on 7/22/2015 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ingredients in the products aren't all that, and the sales people are too pushy. I was getting a run down of a bunch of things I definitely couldn't afford, and that I didn't want, by an employee. I can understand if you have to be like that for your job, but jesus slow your roll. When I asked how much a 3.5 oz product that I actually wanted to try was, the sales person told me $10. That is a lot for such a small amount of product, but I was willing to shell out a little to try the product. When I get to the register the product was pretty much double the amount she told me. If you can learn what every single product in the store does, you can learn their prices too. I knew at the register that she definitely lied, and she couldn't even look me in the eye when she saw my reaction to the price at the register as she prepared some free samples. In case anyone didn't know, gold doesn't fall out of my ears when I wake up. I will never return to this store as I have been completely turned off and unimpressed. I could've got a better product for my hair if I made it myself with mayo.

on 3/2/2015 4:25:00 PM

My first time going into lush I was completely overwhelmed and never went back in until my friend who is a total lush lover took me in there and I was obsessed! Sometimes the staff can be a little too much with checking up on the costomers but they are sometimes helpful. Some of my favorite products consist of ( ultimate shine solid shampoo bar, sympathy for the skin, bright side bubble bar and ocean salt face and body scrub! I am totally a lushaholic I know I am because once I went back there and bought more than 2 things both times in one mall outing that lasted only for about 2 hours

on 3/2/2015 2:48:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i'm so conflicted about lush after briefly working there. i support a lot of their ethics & think they have a really fun aesthetic, but i can't get on board with their pushy approach to sales & have had bad experiences w/ many of the products. the skin care in particular wreaked havoc on my sensitive face, so it was hard to feel confident in recommending it to customers. it's a confusing brand sitting somewhere between crunchy & luxury & i feel like they think natural ingredients can't be irritating & that's just not the case. i still like some of the body & hair products & think where they really excel is at creating unique & addictive scents. i just wish they didn't make their employees come on so strong; it's uncomfortable from both sides. i'll only be back for the occasional treat & would never work there again.

I think that Lush is really gimmicky, overpriced and their ingredients and the huge amount of fragrance they use are not for sensitive skin. I used to try their products all the time and, for the most part, was kind of disappointed. The only product that I really quite like and would repurchase is the lip scrub.

on 1/30/2015 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm still in a honeymoon phase with Lush. I've had an awful year and smelling wonderful things and giving myself the at-home "spa" experience is what keeps me rooted in this world sometimes. I really look forward to using their products.

They're not perfect. I have to rotate a few face cleansers because I can't exfoliate every day. Some of them really can't be used on my face at all due to sensitive, fussy skin. I don't take baths, and I get the impression that their bath and body products are really their strong suit, not their face products.

I would have thought this was an overpriced waste of money in my teens/twenties, but now I look at it as an indulgence. Considering other stuff that seems to do little more than cost a lot and smell good (looking at you, Fresh), this isn't as expensive and smells much better. It's not as perfume-y or expensive as L'Occitane, either. I won't even get into the Bloomingdale's/Barney's/Bergdorf beauty sections. If you think the Lush sales people are pushy... I'm sure it can suck to work there, but so does most retail.

My biggest concern is the longevity.I'm putting everything in the fridge, hoping it'll last longer. I'll be ticked if I deal with a lot of planned obsolescence for this stuff. It seems like the substance of the products and the packaging are kind of geared towards degrading over time, which is lame. If they're going to go bad quickly, these should definitely sell in smaller quantities.

I think as long as you manage your expectations of what you're going to get out of Lush products, they are really fantastic. I'll update if this hypothesis proves to false.

on 10/16/2014 5:50:00 PM

I would like to start with saying that LUSH is an incredible store, they sell quality products that aren't available anywhere else. Whenever I go into lush I'm always greeted with a friendly smile and asked if I need any help, if I do then they're always willing to help, and if I'm just browsing I will tell them I'm just looking and will be left alone. They are always willing to do demonstrations and give excellent advice on products. Very often products are multi use but only one use is specified on the packaging, so the employees there are always able to give advice and so far I've only ever had honest, reliable advice and tips on how to get the best out of the products. For those of you complaining that it's too expensive, why are you bothering with it then in the first place? Good quality products come at a cost, that is the same in every market. I personally work in retail, a totally different type to LUSH and I truly believe the customer service, the products and the store itself are a true representation on successful retail for quality products. Keep up the good work lush employees, don't let anyone put you down.

on 7/28/2014 12:44:00 AM

Most people on here with bad reviews don't realize how overpriced everything is now a days. It's called a depression. In a sense. Lush isn't cheap, but a lot of things aren't. Not anymore. High demand = higher prices. And the fact that their products are shipped and based in Canada. I'm not justifying the prices, but really...take a step back and look at why the price is the way it is. Not everything can come from your backyard. Anyway, I love this store and I love their products. Their fresh face masks are heaven sent and so are their bath bomb products! I have a peace of mind that their products are safer than a lot of crap you see sold for face, body..etc. Also, If you've ever walked into a Victorias Secret, THATS pushy sales people. And they don't get commission either. At least LUSH employees (that I've met) share the experience they had of that product with passion. I understand pushy sales people are annoying. Get the monkey off your back and relax. As a former retail sales person, they're just doing their job. Simply be kind and tell then you would just like to browse alone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

my account is biased, as i worked there.
no, lush employees don't make commission. they do, however, have sales goals- i am not going to go into specifics, but they are definitely selling you items for a reason. i get that all stores have goals, but no other retail job i held ever approached it the way lush did. i am an extremely shy person, and would NEVER act in the way many of you have described under any other circumstances aside from out of fear for my job security. but, hey, maybe not all stores are as bad as mine was.

on 7/11/2014 1:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just to clear up any misconception, Lush employees do NOT make commission. Let me repeat that for you all...LUSH employees DO NOT MAKE COMMISSION. So stop saying they're annoying and only trying to make a sale. The staff at the stores I've been to have been nothing but helpful and have never pounced on or overloaded me when I walked into the store.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools