February 27, 2015 | 2021 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - LUSH - LUSH - Whole Store

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2015 11:42:00 AM More reviews by VegetaForever

I think that Lush is really gimmicky, overpriced and their ingredients and the huge amount of fragrance they use are not for sensitive skin. I used to try their products all the time and, for the most part, was kind of disappointed. The only product that I really quite like and would repurchase is the lip scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 10:28:00 AM More reviews by CraxFactor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm still in a honeymoon phase with Lush. I've had an awful year and smelling wonderful things and giving myself the at-home "spa" experience is what keeps me rooted in this world sometimes. I really look forward to using their products.

They're not perfect. I have to rotate a few face cleansers because I can't exfoliate every day. Some of them really can't be used on my face at all due to sensitive, fussy skin. I don't take baths, and I get the impression that their bath and body products are really their strong suit, not their face products.

I would have thought this was an overpriced waste of money in my teens/twenties, but now I look at it as an indulgence. Considering other stuff that seems to do little more than cost a lot and smell good (looking at you, Fresh), this isn't as expensive and smells much better. It's not as perfume-y or expensive as L'Occitane, either. I won't even get into the Bloomingdale's/Barney's/Bergdorf beauty sections. If you think the Lush sales people are pushy... I'm sure it can suck to work there, but so does most retail.

My biggest concern is the longevity.I'm putting everything in the fridge, hoping it'll last longer. I'll be ticked if I deal with a lot of planned obsolescence for this stuff. It seems like the substance of the products and the packaging are kind of geared towards degrading over time, which is lame. If they're going to go bad quickly, these should definitely sell in smaller quantities.

I think as long as you manage your expectations of what you're going to get out of Lush products, they are really fantastic. I'll update if this hypothesis proves to false.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 5:50:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

I would like to start with saying that LUSH is an incredible store, they sell quality products that aren't available anywhere else. Whenever I go into lush I'm always greeted with a friendly smile and asked if I need any help, if I do then they're always willing to help, and if I'm just browsing I will tell them I'm just looking and will be left alone. They are always willing to do demonstrations and give excellent advice on products. Very often products are multi use but only one use is specified on the packaging, so the employees there are always able to give advice and so far I've only ever had honest, reliable advice and tips on how to get the best out of the products. For those of you complaining that it's too expensive, why are you bothering with it then in the first place? Good quality products come at a cost, that is the same in every market. I personally work in retail, a totally different type to LUSH and I truly believe the customer service, the products and the store itself are a true representation on successful retail for quality products. Keep up the good work lush employees, don't let anyone put you down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

Most people on here with bad reviews don't realize how overpriced everything is now a days. It's called a depression. In a sense. Lush isn't cheap, but a lot of things aren't. Not anymore. High demand = higher prices. And the fact that their products are shipped and based in Canada. I'm not justifying the prices, but really...take a step back and look at why the price is the way it is. Not everything can come from your backyard. Anyway, I love this store and I love their products. Their fresh face masks are heaven sent and so are their bath bomb products! I have a peace of mind that their products are safer than a lot of crap you see sold for face, body..etc. Also, If you've ever walked into a Victorias Secret, THATS pushy sales people. And they don't get commission either. At least LUSH employees (that I've met) share the experience they had of that product with passion. I understand pushy sales people are annoying. Get the monkey off your back and relax. As a former retail sales person, they're just doing their job. Simply be kind and tell then you would just like to browse alone.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by breatheonbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my account is biased, as i worked there.
no, lush employees don't make commission. they do, however, have sales goals- i am not going to go into specifics, but they are definitely selling you items for a reason. i get that all stores have goals, but no other retail job i held ever approached it the way lush did. i am an extremely shy person, and would NEVER act in the way many of you have described under any other circumstances aside from out of fear for my job security. but, hey, maybe not all stores are as bad as mine was.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Just to clear up any misconception, Lush employees do NOT make commission. Let me repeat that for you all...LUSH employees DO NOT MAKE COMMISSION. So stop saying they're annoying and only trying to make a sale. The staff at the stores I've been to have been nothing but helpful and have never pounced on or overloaded me when I walked into the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Kennedyvdz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like lush and their products. They smell nice, have natural ingredients, and feel nice on your skin, but I have to agree with the other reviews. The staff is super annoying. I can't pick something up without one of them rushing over to me to try to make a sale. I would rather look/smell/read the products for myself and then ask for help if I happen to need any. I've never really been happy with any of my purchases because every time I go in, they talk me out of buying one product and into buying a different one. This is frustrating because every time I leave the store I am left asking "what just happened?" It is very overwhelming which is the sole reason I don't go in anymore.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

No kidding !!! Too many staff seeking for commission, I don't feel free to check the products out, and they want to know what are you looking for, yap yap yap behind your ear. Not to mention all their stuff are overpriced, way overpriced.
What drew me in the store usually is the fragrance, now I either hold my breath as I passed by or walk further away, really nothing I bought from them before is that unique or exceptionally good.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

I wish I could say I'm obsessed with Lush but I'm just not. Like many have said, the fragrances they put in their products are really not good for your skin. I know lavender oil may sound like a good thing but it's not. And the pushy staff in a usually cramped store is a HUGE turnoff. I do like some of their products but a lot if it's very gimmicky and not useful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Kraeker3

I absolutely love LUSH but I have to say that the employees are one of their worst things about their stores. I have only had one good experience with their employees and that was the first time I ever went into lush, the girl was very nice and very knowledgeable. She wasn't overpowering and she didn't try to shove products at me, she also didn't keep bothering me when I was browsing around. Both other times they employees looked like they just rolled out of bed and one girl had absolutely no idea what she was talking about which was really frustrating because I was really curious about a product. The last time I was in I had a very bad experience where I actually wanted to walk out of the store with nothing. There was a guy helping me and all I wanted to do was look around, however he apparently did not think me browsing was except able. He kept following me around and every single time I picked up a product he would jump in and start talking about it. When I actually had a question he had to read the bottle to explain it to me and did not know a thing about it. Overall, not impressed with the employees. I will be returning but I hope they start to train their staff a bit more and teach them proper customer service.