July 24, 2014 | 1360 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - LUSH - LUSH - Whole Store

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by breatheonbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my account is biased, as i worked there.
no, lush employees don't make commission. they do, however, have sales goals- i am not going to go into specifics, but they are definitely selling you items for a reason. i get that all stores have goals, but no other retail job i held ever approached it the way lush did. i am an extremely shy person, and would NEVER act in the way many of you have described under any other circumstances aside from out of fear for my job security. but, hey, maybe not all stores are as bad as mine was.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Just to clear up any misconception, Lush employees do NOT make commission. Let me repeat that for you all...LUSH employees DO NOT MAKE COMMISSION. So stop saying they're annoying and only trying to make a sale. The staff at the stores I've been to have been nothing but helpful and have never pounced on or overloaded me when I walked into the store.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Kennedyvdz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like lush and their products. They smell nice, have natural ingredients, and feel nice on your skin, but I have to agree with the other reviews. The staff is super annoying. I can't pick something up without one of them rushing over to me to try to make a sale. I would rather look/smell/read the products for myself and then ask for help if I happen to need any. I've never really been happy with any of my purchases because every time I go in, they talk me out of buying one product and into buying a different one. This is frustrating because every time I leave the store I am left asking "what just happened?" It is very overwhelming which is the sole reason I don't go in anymore.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

No kidding !!! Too many staff seeking for commission, I don't feel free to check the products out, and they want to know what are you looking for, yap yap yap behind your ear. Not to mention all their stuff are overpriced, way overpriced.
What drew me in the store usually is the fragrance, now I either hold my breath as I passed by or walk further away, really nothing I bought from them before is that unique or exceptionally good.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by yoyolanda

I wish I could say I'm obsessed with Lush but I'm just not. Like many have said, the fragrances they put in their products are really not good for your skin. I know lavender oil may sound like a good thing but it's not. And the pushy staff in a usually cramped store is a HUGE turnoff. I do like some of their products but a lot if it's very gimmicky and not useful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Kraeker3

I absolutely love LUSH but I have to say that the employees are one of their worst things about their stores. I have only had one good experience with their employees and that was the first time I ever went into lush, the girl was very nice and very knowledgeable. She wasn't overpowering and she didn't try to shove products at me, she also didn't keep bothering me when I was browsing around. Both other times they employees looked like they just rolled out of bed and one girl had absolutely no idea what she was talking about which was really frustrating because I was really curious about a product. The last time I was in I had a very bad experience where I actually wanted to walk out of the store with nothing. There was a guy helping me and all I wanted to do was look around, however he apparently did not think me browsing was except able. He kept following me around and every single time I picked up a product he would jump in and start talking about it. When I actually had a question he had to read the bottle to explain it to me and did not know a thing about it. Overall, not impressed with the employees. I will be returning but I hope they start to train their staff a bit more and teach them proper customer service.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by KaiteKins

wow my 500th review on the 10 years anniversary from me joining makeupalley. Anyway, we just got a Lush store last fall and over the last few months I have fell in love with the experience. Simply put it is a fun store, I cannot comment about how it used to be like everyone else, because I haven't had it available to me like everyone else, but as a realitively new user I enjoy it and the experience. Yes it does give off that old hippy smell, and yes I don't neccisarily believe all the hype from the store newsletters/ employees but it really is not different then any other mall based (read consumer driven) bath and body store. If you want truly organic, pure products you really do have to make them yourself because then and only then you have control of the ingrediants. I think that the products that lush offers are fun, granted a bit expensive but again though competing with the bath and body works and body shops of the world they are trying to use natural ingredients which can be more expensive then artificial ingerediants not to mention that the shelf life on lush products is thus significantly less then other mass produced products. I truly like there shampoos and am enjoying their face masks and can't wait to try more. I wish that I had a bath tub (only have a shower right now) so I could try the bath bombs, bubble bombs, and bath melts. Overall I enjoy the store and encourage people to try it out. Yes they may not like it or they may love it but the point is it is truly and experience to go in.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I don't understand this company at all.I really don't .Natural, don't make me laugh.Natural doesn't always mean good.. The word"natural"is so misleading There is nothing natural about "irritants" and that's what your putting on your face when using their face products.Everything is infused with essential oils and perfumes.These are irritants and will dry out your skin..Eucalyptus oil which pops up time and time again is one of the most irritating fragrant oils there is.Camphor is another irritant, lavender oil,sage, juniper, lime oil, rose oils,really the list is endless.These ingredients serve no purpose to the skin whatsoever.Just about everything contains at least one potent irritant.Even one of their moisturisers is recommended to be used as a fragrance.I mean have you ever heard the likes!!I I tried the coalface soap. This contains amongst other irritants real coal powder.I mean what's that all about?That was binned after the first use!There toners I would never use.I smelt one of them in the shop and near knocked myself out with the smell.You'd be as well using your perfume because in a lot of cases that's what they are.Some of their bath bombs and shower washes might be ok but i would not put anything from this company on my face!There are no sunscreens in any of their products and the company dosen't recommend them.That's the basis of skincare,and that's not dawned on them yet..And this company knows nothing about looking after your skin.It's just irritants dressed up as skincare.As for the staff, they're trained to sell this nonsense, surely even they don't believe it.Sorry if this review has offended any of you lush lovers ,all companies have good and bad but I can't think of a single good thing about this lot.

7 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:45:00 AM More reviews by jaya22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the minimal packaging...HOWEVER.... safe synthetics? What a joke, so drying to your skin and so overfragranced with synthetic fragrances. Instant headache. Go read about what these can do to your endocrine/reproductive system. If I were going to have babies I wouldn't go within a mile of any Lush shop. Ok it's a rinse off product, but the effects are cumulative in the long term, especially if you soak in a bath with this stuff. Your skin takes it all straight through to the bloodstream.

And then the prices. Get Real. I was so disappointed with the overpriced stinky garbage from Lush and The Body Shop, that I have actually started to make my own cold process soaps. For one large haul's price at Lush, I can buy raw ingredients like unrefined shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil, clays etc etc, to make enough soap, lotion bars, face masks, body lotions, and scrubs for a year. And enough to gift my friends and family. I have total control, and don't put in any synthetics or dubious colourants etc etc. I use minimal amounts of essential oils, and thus don't dry out my skin, like Lush products do.

And then the staff... nice people taught to be pushy monsters by this company.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:47:00 AM More reviews by SugarPoppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lush makes both me and my skin happy.
It works.
It does all that it says it will do.
No animal testing.
Fair trade policy.

That's basically all I need :)