Bumble & Bumble Thickening Shampoo

3.3

on 4/27/2015 5:18:00 PM

I have baby fine virgin hair that lacks volume and gets oily quite quickly, I thought that I would be exactly the sort of person that this product should work well for. I used the shampoo in combination with the matching conditioner and from the very first wash it made my hair awful! It was very soft and easy to comb through but it looked instantly greasy, limp and lifeless, basically everything I hoped it would help avoid. I doubt I'll use the rest of the bottle so it has been an expensive mistake and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to others with similar hair.

on 3/27/2015 7:34:00 PM

If you have spare money and dont know what to do with it give it to someone who needs instead of buy this shampoo. It is absulately waste of money itself. The cheaper versions are probably better than this. It is like 2 worth shampoo sells as premium price.

on 1/20/2015 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been trying several of the B&B products lately in a quest to find new ways to add body and thickness to my fine hair. I bought the combo package with the hair spray, shampoo, & conditioner from Sephora recently, and obtained samples of the thickening liquid and creme (see my other review). The shampoo smells wonderful and has a gorgeous, thick lather. My hair seemed clean & shiny afterwards. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any thickening properties after several uses (both the shampoo and conditioner) so I have to say I wouldn't recommend it for fine hair. I think the inexpensive shampoos I've used are at least as good or better for fine hair. Bottom Line: If you have money to burn and want a beautiful-smelling shampoo with a nice lather, then go ahead and splurge on this. If you need something to add volume to fine hair, however, don't bother. So far the B&B products have been a big disappointment for my hair.

on 10/10/2014 4:31:00 PM

I've just finished my first bottle of this and loved it. I have very fine hair so I'm always on the search for volumizing products. I've used A LOT of different volumizing shampoos and so far, this has been the only one that I think actually delivers. It gives my otherwise limp hair more body and volume, nothing miraculous, but the difference is definitely noticeable. Lathers nicely, smells pleasant and is not too expensive either, I got it on Ebay for about 6. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/24/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love Bumble products, but I hate their prices. I like this shampoo, and I think it works pretty well for my hair. I have normal hair, but a lot of it! I was told that this shampoo was a good prep for their thickening conditioner. Honestly, I think drugstore shampoos work just as well, so I cannot justify spending that much again.

I have normal hair, but a lot of it! My problem when styling is that it looks great as long as I am inside for the first hour, but then it just falls out.

on 9/11/2014 5:52:00 PM

I really liked this shampoo! In my job, my hair gets extremely dirty and sweaty. This cut through all of that dirt and grime and gave me noticeable volume. I also really liked the scent, which to me was very light and clean. I wish the scent would've lingered in my hair more though. I would definitely buy this again.

on 8/16/2014 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have mixed feelings about this shampoo (and the matching conditioner). Whilst it does what it says, i.e. provides obvious volume and thickness to fine hair, the trade-off for me and why I will not repurchase is that it dries out my hair and it feels horrible to touch. As I have fine, shoulder length, bleached (foiled) hair it needs more moisture and even though I alternate with a moisturising shampoo/conditioner any effect those products have on moisturising my hair is negated by the Thickening Shampoo/Conditioner duo. I find this shampoo doesn't tame flyaways at all and probably makes them worse than usual because it sucks out all the moisture. The shampoo also has a pretty awful, cheap men's cologne smell that is quite strong in the shower (different to the cheap men's cologne smell of the conditioner but a smell all the same). It is also hideously expensive at AU$38. I'd rather use a moisturising shampoo and conditioner and spend up on B&B styling products which I do like and find work well.

on 3/29/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shampoo is perfect for my fine, greasy, thinning hair as it cleans and leaves me able to comb it through without conditioner.
I have used many thickening shampoos and this is definitely the best one by far.
I use this shampoo and whilst my hair is still wet I spray on the Bumble Tonic and comb it through. My hair stays bouncy and clean for 2 whole days, sometimes even 3 before I need to wash it again. Could not live without this shampoo!

on 1/25/2014 11:24:00 AM

**review for shampoo and conditioner**
I would give this pair a 3.5, but I'll give it a 4 because it DOES do what it says, it really does thicken your hair and give it that healthy weight and substance, however, it doesn't really volumize, at least not when you air-dry (which is how I do my hair 95% of the time). It doesn't make your hair limp or flat at all, but it doesn't give you that light, swingy feel. It didn't dry out my highlighted hair at all, and it made my hair very bright and shiny. It smells really nice, kind of hard to describe, just a fresh air sort of scent. I only bought the travel size bottles so when I use these up I think I'll try the seaweed line, which is probably better for my needs (fine hair, which I like to be light and swingy) and maybe just use the thickening spray if I ever want extra volume.

on 10/18/2013 1:57:00 PM

This is currently my favorite shampoo, and I have everything from Living Proof to Tigi Hair Reborn to Paul Mitchell in my shower. To me, it smells very fresh, and it's sort of ineffable, that smell. A bit like soda and wildflowers. I love it. It lathers well, you only need a little, and it doesn't make my hair feel super dehydrated like most thickening shampoos tend to. Will repurchase. Love the thickening spray too.

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products