July 26, 2014 | 1115 users online

Bronzers - Physicians Formula - Baked Bronzer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I have this in the lighter color and I'm NC35 for reference. This gives me the most natural looking glow. I don't have the same issue as many other reviewers have with glitter BUT my bronzer fell quick soon after I got it (free I might add with a Physician's Formula coupon from CVS) and the top part of the dome broke off. Instead of trying to save it, I threw it out. The remaining bronzer has very little glitter, more of a subtle shimmer. Love it and use it every day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My dry skin was looking very dull and like it had lacked clarity from the brutal winter we had. Now that summer is here - I wanted to add something that made my skin look brighter, more healthy, and more alive. I went through lots of highlights, dewy foundations, tinted moisturizers, but, after watching Alssya, (CharmingRoyalty) on youtube rave about this powder, I had to buy it. She said she was able to use it as an all-over face powder to set her foundation, and that it gave her skin an amazing healthy glow. (Just what I wanted) It only comes in two shades - Baked Tan and Baked Bronze. Baked Tan is for fair to medium skin tones, Baked Bronze is for medium deep skin tones. My first thoughts upon opening it - it reminded me of a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish. It has beautiful gold and champagne glitter veining through it, and a matte skin color mixed in. (It looks like a goldmine with gold peeping through) the golden veining is beautiful. I love using it all over my face to set my tinted moisturizer for the summer. I look so alive! But I can see how some people would hate this product because of the shimmer/sparkling veining it has. I feel that the shimmer/glitter melts into my skin and just makes me look naturally glowy and beautiful. But if you like MAC mineralize skinfinishes (like "By Candlelight") but just a bit darker and more suitable for all over the face instead of just a highlight, I think you'd totally love this product, and if you don't mind some sparkle of course.
I rated the price a 3 because it is a bit expensive, I paid $9.79 for mine, but i've seen them for 13-15 dollars. And the packaging a 3 as well, because its a bit thin, unlike most bulky physicians formula packages. I'm afraid if I drop it, it may break. but overall, its a gorgeous powder and i'm glad i bought it.

Update - I really love this bronzer and I have come to realize a lot of people love matte bronzers, which this is NOT - it has sparkle to it, which is amazing for people with dry skin. I know a lot of oily skinned people like that matte look because they do not want to add any glitter or shine to the oil. I feel like that fact gives a lot of bronzers a bad rep. But despite the fact that this has glitter in it - i love it for my dry skin and it looks natural on my cheek, adding light to my face. I also think its a very good quality bronzer and I would repurchase it again - though i might not need to since this product has lasted a LONG time and still looks brand new.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 1:17:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think I bought Physicians Formula Baked Bronzer in Baked Tan during a long stage of denial. You see, I am NW10. Bronzer is hard to pull off; it can't be orange, at all. It has to be very light. Baked Tan is a bit orange, and so is Baked Bronze. In fact, both of them remind me a little bit of really dry red clay. For someone a bit warmer and darker than me, the hint of orange might not be as much of an issue--really, it's almost gold in Baked Tan--but for me, it was a deal breaker. The shimmer was also a little patchy once applied. It didn't look smooth on my cheek and there were a few stray gold glitter chunks here and there. I think baked products can be hard to get right, and I think this particular one isn't one of PF's greatest--chalky, gross glitter, etc. When my powder cracked (I blame PF packaging--bulky and flimsy without protecting the powder inside very well) I didn't repurchase.
On the other hand, Physicians Formula makes a really great matte pyramid-shaped bronzer, so if your heart is set on a baked bronzer in a comparable price range, check it out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Too much glitter! Ok, I would say this product would be fine if you are in your teens. I am not and this just looks silly on me. I prefer to glow, not sparkle-thank you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by katchimo

For the price you get a lot of product, I'm nowhere near finishing it and I've had it for four years. The color payoff for PF's baked bronzer (in the color baked bronzer, unimaginative what?) is really good and it's a cheap dupe of the famed Nars Laguna. The difference is in the quality of the formula. PF is chalky with a matte finish and unflattering chunks of glitter liken that in glitter lotions I used.............. when I was ten. It's not a terrible product, I'm still using it until it's finished, but the glitter is a deterrent and I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by fwehinger

I am normally a huge fan of Physician's Formula products and for the summer I really wanted a great bronzer and was a little sick of my PH multi-colored healthy glow bronzer so I thought the baked bronzer would be a nice change, damn I was wrong. One word people, GLITTER! Unlike most shimmery highlighters/ bronzers this has full on large chunks of glitter which left my face feeling like a disco ball. It settled into the few fine lines I have almost instantly and was almost impossible to clean up. The glitter gets everywhere and can make your face resemble on of a little girl after leaving Libby Lu's. Even as a highlighter, the glitter will not stay where you initially put it and will move all over your face. One perk of this product I found was it worked great to add some glitter to an eyeshadow, pop it in the middle of your eye lid to give your eye a great sparkle, as a bronzer though, spend your money else where.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by glamgal33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a baked bronzing product that can be used wet or dry and thats why I bought it. I wanted to try a wet/dry bronzer that was inexpensive. While I liked it and usd it I wasn't in love with the color it gave me. I thought it was a little light for my skin tone. It would be perfect for those that are a NW20 or lighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by _starry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this is Baked Bronze, the darker color. The pigmentation is wonderful. One dap and you're good to go. The powder is soft and smooth and blends well. BUT beware of chunky GLITTER. BIG CHUNKY GOLD GLITTER. Baked Tan looked much less glittery and more shimmery so I would suggest getting that one instead. It's a shame because I love the product but the glitter is ridulous

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by JadeNguyen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this due to great comments by an user on youtube. But it disappoints me, the glitters are way too big. I prefer finer glitter which gives a sheen look, not too glittering like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by FlorCanelaStyles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this bronzer while I was shopping for something soft and not to strong on the peach/tan factor.

For reference I am a NC35, or Medium/Dark Olive skin tone.

I got this product in "Baked Tan" and it was perfect for the effect I was looking for.

It went on a beige warm tan with sparkles here and there. Almost feels like a MAC MSF compact powder that I have.

It leaves a uniform but subtle dewy sheen. I can see this color working nicely for gals with fair skin as I believe this color was intended for them. Gave my darker skin healthy glowy cheeks/face with subtle almost there warm color.

A more generous application gives that J-Lo (tan glow) effect.

Blends nicely and it's buildable.

Tip: To avoid the sparkles, on certain days I run my brush over the matte areas of product while avoiding the shimmery veins. But mostly I don't mind the sparklies for party time!

I give this 5 lippies since subtle warmth and glow is what I was looking for and this product helped me achieve it.