April 21, 2014 | 950 users online

Brows - Avon - Ultra Luxury Brow Liner in Blonde

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

Not a huge fan. Considering Avon is online/ order & deliver, I see no point in ordering these pencils which perform nearly identically to NYX, wet n' wild, or any number of other drugstore brand pencils I can get without the wait. There is also no price advantage. A lower-end drugstore pencil averages between $1-$2, which is about the same price as these. So if the performance nor the price is superior, why would I continue to order? The color and texture of the pencil itself is on the same par as what I already obtain at the drugstore. I really dislike sharpening pencils (of any sort) and much prefer twist-up type, so if I'm going to go out on a limb and either spend more or order something online and wait, it's going to be something with the convenience of the twist-up applicator, and hopeful something with a superior color or texture as well. I am at a loss as to where this is an "ultra luxury" product. It is sufficient - nothing more.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by melaniemallette

goes on smooth, lasts, the color stays, and I will definately keep using .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have always had very sparse brows. MAC Fling was my holy grail brow product. The thing is, MAC Fling is insanely expensive for the tiny bit of product and I was going through them like water! Always on the lookout for an alternative, I tried this one. It gets 5/5 just for being the perfect shade of neutral taupe, applies smoothly without skipping, tugging or sticking to brow hair and plucking my already sparse brows. I don't get the shiny brow effect because I always set it with translucent powder and it lasts until I am ready to remove it. If it were an automatic, it would be perfect! It still deserves 5 lippies for being MAC Fling dupe at a mere fraction of the cost. I paid mine $1.99 on sale!
UPDATE: December 6, 2012: Blonde is more neutral than MAC Fling which is very cool toned. However I am still loving it. I use it daily and it appears to be wearing down at a rate of one pencil/2 months. Lasting twice as long as Fling at a mere fraction of the cost of Fling. I ordered a half dozen when they were $1.89 in the brochure last campaign. HG

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Kiwistace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great color for my NW15/20 skin tone. I usually buy MAC fling but this is pretty much the same color (and one tenth of the price!). I am sharpening it all the time so it gets used up quickly.
Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love MAC's Eye Brows pencil in both Lingering and Fling to fill in my sparse brows. Currently using Fling as it's a great match to my new blonde hair do, but I'm always keen for trying new items, especially when the price is right. I saw the good reviews for Avon's Ultra Luxery Brow liner and thought with the price tag of less than $5 (compared to MAC at $18) it seemed worthy of trying.
I purchased the shade Blonde and quite impressed with the colour being a medium ashy taupe with no red undertone, and the fantastic pigmentation. Applies easily, but I didn't like that it had a slight waxy texture that seemed to smear and migrate as the day progressed and the formula of this pencil is quite soft and I feel like I'm always sharpening it. What really bothered me was with flash photography my brows looked like they were glistening and super shiny. Really weird and I think it might be the waxyness of this product?? Needless to say I'll only use it when I know I won't be photographed and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Teiris

I love this brow pencil! I have it in black, and it's perfect. Easy to apply and stays on all day. Avon has sales so often so I get it when it goes on sale for $1.99. can't beat that!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2010 3:28:00 PM More reviews by taciturnxlove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I want to say I have this color in Black, I'm reviewing on the blond since they don't have a listing of the black one. I don't use this for my brow, I use it for my waterline/upper lid. I have to say, I dislike this. On the waterline, I say it lasts maybe an hour, before it begins to bleed, and smudge. On the top lid, it's even worse, it lasts all day, but it smudges like CRAZY and by the end of a 9+ hour day, I literally look like a mad woman because it smudges all up on the crease. Ughhh. I like to keep this in my bag, if I want to just pop something in my waterline. But I really wouldn't recommend this due to smudging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by abby5683

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Several weeks ago I was telling my cousin that I wasn't able to find any brow shadows or pencils that would look good on me. She decided to lend me her pencil (Avon-blonde color) and it looks great. My hair is a dark brown and my brows are dark as well. But using this pencil makes my brows look natural with no fakeness. It fills in the missing hairs on my brows. I have no complains just many thank yous' to Avon.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by celesteakabeaddict

I didn't use blond, I used Brown. It went on easily enough and the color was right, but it smeared. :?( No staying power.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty standard wax brow pencil, which must be sharpened. The color is a nice taupe blonde, and it wears well. This pencil goes for $6, but can usually be found for under $2. One pencil lasts me about 4 months, because it is softer and takes more product to give the desired effect than my favorite brow pencil (Merle Norman Definitive Brow Pencil in Taupe). However, I would repurchase again just to have a backup brow pencil in my traincase.