November 29, 2014 | 1130 users online

Palettes - Sonia Kashuk - Eye Shadow Palette (colors; new release 2004)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by chinchi

I was so disappointed in this. It seemed otherwise to be perfect. The big problem I had is that the colors go on so much lighter than would seem from looking at the palate. I have tried others from SK also and had the same problem. I have to gob on the dark colors to get the same desired darkness that I would get from a normal application of, for example, CG, Wet and Wild, or pretty much anything else I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2004 4:59:00 PM More reviews by vocalise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I won't describe the colors anymore since groovynub's done a great job already. This is really a bargain, even at full price -- I think it was $13.99 for six colors and a tan cream base. I read others got this for MUCH cheaper on sale.

Anyway, I think for the price, it's a great palette to experiment with and learn about colors. However, I find that the texture is too grainy and difficult to work with for everyday use. The shadows are very densely packed and I have a hard time picking shadow up with my brushes.

When I use my fingers, after a few swipes, a weird, shiny coating forms on top and I can't get any shadow on my fingers! I literally have to scrape it with my fingernail to pick up any color and it is crumbly and just a bad consistency. Maybe I got a dud, but I had a similar experience with the "Perfectly Neutral Palette" (Note: Only a few shadows in each palette gets this coating, not ALL). Ow well. : ( Boo hoo.

As far as colors is concerned, I really like Sonia Kashuk's "Gunmetal" and "Cashmere" and would like to buy it individually, but hesitate due to this disappointing experience with two of her palettes. I guess for the price though, it's not that bad. continued >>