December 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Hair - L'Oreal - Feria Highlighting

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by animules

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is TERRIBLE!! In fact, as I sat mortified with my iridescent orangey yellow blotches, I made this account just to comment on how BAD it is (in a spiteful whim of revenge mwhahaha). But no, seriously, don't buy this stuff! My hair turned into the color and texture of straw. My husband couldn't even bare to lie to me about how bad I looked. In his words "like a weird anime character". Yep, that's the look I was going for. Anyway, had to dye it again and now its a slightly less terrible reddish color. Wish I read these reviews before completely destroying my hair. Grrr...

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bebeimages

This bleach can have all of my nopes. I do my own kind of beach-y hilights and lowlights, and have been doing them for years. I decided to deviate from my usual cheap-o drug store lightened and try this stuff. It's pretty crumby compared to other bleaches I have used (for even cheaper). This stuff took A Lot to get to look even half way decent. First, I hi lighted a few sections of hair all over my head (like usual). The I waited for like an hour and the color barely lightened. So after an hour and 15 minutes, I put more hi lighter on just the tip ends of my hair (which I usually do after say 25 minutes with other products). So YES I got that nice gradient blond sun kissed look, but if I had less experience with the process then I am sure I would have had bad results. Be careful with this stuff and be prepared to leave it on twice as long as the box recommends!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SuzieQ1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I thought this highlighting kit was pretty good, it turned my hair a VERY light blonde (I used it to touch up the dark regrowth I had at my base and roots) and it blends nicely with my light blonde ends, some strands of my hair turned almost platinum, but I kind of like it...However, I found it to be pretty damaging, but overall it was better than I anticipated after reading the horrible reviews.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sarahsamples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this in my medium brunette hair and I did it in "Caramel Twist." Nothing even showed up.No color whatsoever. Just left my hair dry. NOT buying any of these products again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by TequilaaSantos

I used this a while ago on dark brown hair in the caramel shade Omggg what a mess!
Like others said the
applicator is useless. The product is runny. At the end result, I had ugly chunky orange streaks. NOT at all caramel. It left my hair dry and poofy.
In general I find feria products to be extremely dry and damaging. I would stay away from this

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This worked for me but I can definitely see why others had serious problems. I luckily roped my friend into helping me and she has hair salon experience, otherwise I am quite sure my results would have been disastrous. The tool in this kit is useless so we just used our fingers to make chunky highlights. The product is very messy, hard to control, and runny. After getting it all on my head I thought it looked like quite a mess and was kindof all over the place not just in the highligted stripes. I was nervous but my friend said it would turn out fine. BTW I already have a fairly light blonde base and was using the lightest starlight shade. Results: Left it on for the 30 minutes and got natural looking light blonde highlights that blended really well with my light beige blonde base color. Not sure if I will use this agian but I am ultimately happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by t1ger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for : Loreal Feria Multi-Faceted Highlights, Caramel Blonde C65 .

I have natural medium brown auburn hair that I've been dying dark brown for years. Finally I started to listen to the husband as he hinted it was too dark for my skin tone. I first tried to lighten with Sun-In 3x. And then I tried this kit....TWICE ! The first time I didn't understand fully that I needed to REALLY COAT strands of hair to make them turn blue to have the product work. And the highlights were too chunky. First time I used the tweezer applicator thing, second time I listened to other reviewers on here and just used my fingers...well, techincally it was my husbands fingers as he helped me. :-) I left it on for 30 mins and really loved the color. It was NOT the light carmel color on the box, but instead a redish dark penny color. HOWEVER the instructions do say to leave on for 30 mins, check color (wipe some off) and then put more product on if not light enough. So for me it was a good color and I will probably do this again, although it was very messy...I in the end really love the end color result. :-)

P.s. - On my second attempt, I also got some product on already highlighted areas when trying to fix the original areas I messed up, so I had a BLONDE widow's peak !! I fixed that by applying yet more hair dye ! (Nice 'n Easy Root Touch up in Dark Auburn).

Also....I have used Pureology Shampoo and Condition AND Moroccan Oil for years so my hair, despite being colored monthly, is in great condition. I have now switched to the L'Oreal EverPure Sulfate Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner with great results...still will ALWAYS use Moroccan Oil....especially after the abuse I just put my hair through in the past two weeks !!!

(Gave it a 4 based on easy of use. If you are a hair dresser and know what you are doing you will probably love it.)

I'm a newbie so I don't know how to post a link in here to show my hair pics but if you click my name, you will see them.

MakeUpAlley is GREAT !! I've really learned a lot on this site and TRUST the reviews here....great community !! :-D

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by ajah

I decided to give this a try. I chose the extra light blonde shade to add a few highlights to brighten my already blonde hair. I left the color in my hair for about 50 minutes. When i washed and dried my hair the highlights looked really brassy and unnatural. I had to go and get my hair fixed the next day at a salon. I would not recommend this and i definitely will not be doing something like this again to my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kateee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best home highlighting kit out there. Easy to use with salon quality results. Great range of shades.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2006 2:39:00 PM More reviews by mayomi18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is horrible, and I've dyed my hair myself for nine years so I should know.
I don't know what made me pick this up. I guess I wanted something different. I have natural dark blonde hair and I bought the blonde highlighter kit, applied it (which was a bitch by the way because the applicator is useless... I ended up using my fingers) and waited. After 20 minutes or so I looked in the mirror and oh the horror... I had orange stripes in my hair!
After washing and drying my hair I looked like a clown. I curled up in bed and cried for an hour before I covered my hair with a scarf and went to the store where I picked up some semi permanent dark brown hair color and dyed it all brown. It looks ok now although in the sunlight I can see obvious red'ish stripes. No one has pointed and laughed yet but I know what they're thinking! :)
Never again.