April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Treatments - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by martylayne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

thank you bees!

I love honey. I have acne-prone skin, so I am very cautious about what I put on it. My goal is to fade my acne scars and prevent any new blemishes. I try to use honey twice a week, and when I do, my complexion is brighter, more even, and my acne scars appear to be lighter. Honey also does a wonderful job at making the current blemishes heal faster.

What's also great about honey is that it is safe to use for all skin types. It is moisturizing and won't clog pores.

How I use the honey mask:

-wash face with soap and water
-apply medium layer of honey over entire face using fingers, avoid eye area
-wait about two hours, then rinse off with warm water
-pat dry, apply moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by 1nov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love honey masks .. I used to mix honey and yogurt and leave it on my face for 20 minutes .. It was good for fighting acne .. my dermatologist told me to use this recipe and It was working great .. Then I was lazy and forgot all about natural skin care .. I watched a video on youtube about turmeric mask and I thought why not trying this .. A month ago I started to use manuka honey with yogurt and I add a little sandalwood powder and turmeric .. I put this mixture on my face for 20 _ 30 minutes and I can see a difference .. my skin feels soft and healthy .. I recommend it to everyone especially if you suffer from acne .. Good luck 👍

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by maileymc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this on a daily basis for about a year now and I love this! To remove my makeup, I use Cleanse off oil and that can be very drying especially during winter times. So after that, I wash any residue on my face with honey and then apply it as a mask. I keep the honey on my face for a minimum of 30 mins. I admit it's VERY sticky and can get on clothes but when I wash it off, my face doesn't have dry patches nor isn't peeling. It's definitely worth it. The stickyness easily comes off with a damp towel so it's not big deal. I also use it as a morning cleanser too! I loveeeee this and will forever use this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love honey masks. I use them once a day, afternoon if I am not working or night if I work.

After cleansing, I would apply a thin layer of cold raw honey mixed with little lemon juice on my face and let it be from 30 mins to 2 hours. My skin feels soft and smooth after washing and honey is so easy to wash off! With the aid of the lemon, it helps to keep acne off and slowly fades scars.

So far I've not had breakouts caused by honey but be sure to use raw honey and only apply a thin layer! Try not to be in a heaty place as it melts easily and can cause a mess.

I've oily/combi and acne-prone skin and I swear by honey as a natural (but slow) way to treat and upkeep your skin. It does require diligence but it makes your skin feel very healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Fridaymarch

I just try it under my eyes. It works not bad

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MollyElise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried honey on my face and was not impressed.

HOWEVER, Honey for dry lips? AWESOME! Honey does a great job exfoliating and moisturizing chapped lips. Of course it also tastes delicious which is a big plus when you are putting a product on your lips.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Glitterz484

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried honey as a facial cleanser countless times, hoping it would help to balance out my skin and calm my breakouts. Sadly, it seems to do the opposite for me. My skin is always more oily and broken out the next day, guaranteed. I have very sensitive skin, so maybe that's to blame? *Sigh* back to the drawing board.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by AnnaPetrelli

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I don't use this on my face. I've tried honey on my face and that just doesn't work. Anyways... for the hair this is GREAT! I mix it in a container with my conditioner and let it sit for a bit (10-15 min) while I shower and then I put in my hair, leave it for 30-40 min and rinse in cold water. Hair is healthy, soft and LIGHTER! Check out Andreaschoice on youtube, cause that's where I learnt it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Stevierose44

Ok...first a little background. My skin has been CRAZY since I was like 12. I mean...crazy. Like split personality nutso. One week it's great...then it turns on me and for weeks on end is hideously red, broken out and shiny. I've battled acne since I was 12. Tried proactive...it worked...for like 2 seconds. Continued proactive for a year and finally weened myself off of it. My skin went through withdrawals from that stuff...not just redness and zits but it was like dirty...blackheads in places I had never had them. So I googled ways to get rid of blackheads and came across a honey mask. Tried it....and my skin looked like 10 times better after just a 30 minute mask...calmer...and clean!! So I saw how people used it as a face wash..._WOW. I've been using it for about a week now...washing twice a day and using an apple cider vinegar toner afterwards (1/2 acv 1/2 water) and my skin has not been this amazing since before I hit puberty. Almost all of the redness is gone...and the acv is helping with the marks I had from acne. No little bumps anymore and my pores look smaller. AND my skin is GLOWING. Who knew the answer to all of my problems was in my kitchen cabinet this whole time? The acv has also helped with oil balance and the honey makes my skin feel soo clean all day. Try it. Seriously it's amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by selins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

CLOGS PORES