Honey

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Honey, propolis (some versions)

on 8/22/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

One important rule with honey is to make sure its raw and pure, otherwise
you're just applying sugar and other additives to your face that aren't of any benefit.
honey is hands down one of the best things to use on your face, mixed with a few drops of tea tree oil it becomes one of the best homemade masks for healing the skin, drawing out impurities out of your skin, smoothes skin texture, and is very useful to almost all kinds of skin problems of all skin type, never have I complained of using honey on my skin,
whether using it alone or with other ingredients (like yogurt) I have always achieved brilliant results with it, it's like magic to your face.

on 6/25/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

First let me say i am 26yrs old and suffered with acne since i hit puberty. I also have very sensitive acne prone skin. Touching or kissing my face would make me break out within the hr (i kid you not). I tend to get hormonal acne all along my cheeks and chin. It's red and inflamed all the time so i am very cautious with what i put on my face. Honey was my last ditch attempt at clearing up my skin and it works!!!! I wish i started doing it earlier. Now my skin has a glow, looks healthier, my acne scars are fading and i look less inflamed. Best of all, i'm not breaking out as much anymore. And any that do pop up tend to not stay as long or scar over. After using honey 2 days in a row on my face, even my bf noticed the difference and said my skin looks better and much softer than before. He can barely stop staring at how much it has helped me.

Here's what i do: Wash my face with Cetaphil gentle cleanser in the morning and let it air dry. Then i take about 1 tablespoon of raw (locally produced) honey and rub it all over my face (i eat any extra on the spoon bc its delicious). I keep that on for about 1hr (i'd recommend 30mins min) while i go about brushing my teeth and eating breakfast etc. Then i wash it off with some warm water. I then use a toner (Simple soothing toner just on my nose bc i don't want it to get clogged). I apply my neutrogena spf 15 daily moisturizer and go about the rest of my routine.

I'm currently doing this everyday to get the acne back under control but then i will scale back to 1-2 times a week for maintenance. You don't have to do it in the morning- you can do it at anytime. Just stick with it and you will see great results.

on 6/23/2015 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Is your skin flaky and dry, especially after applying makeup? If moisturizers don't help, honey will!

My tip is to wash your face, apply a little honey to your skin, let it soak in for 1-2 mins, then splash your face with a little water to rinse it off. Then apply makeup as normal.

You won't feel sticky or greasy after. It'll feel like there's nothing on you skin at all, but I guess the honey leaves enough moisture on your skin to do the trick.

I've made this a part of my morning makeup routine and am so thankful to have found something that works.

I have combination skin (dry/flaky, oily and acne prone.) This is the ONLY thing that has ever solved the flaky skin after makeup problem for me.

Any brand of honey will do. It doesn't have to be cold-pressed, raw, or organic or any of that other stuff for this to work.

on 4/27/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This has worked wonders on my acne. I like to mix it with milk, a little lemon juice, and cinnamon a nd leave it on for at least 20 min at night. I used to get a ton of cystic acne along my jaw and neck for some reason, and this mask cleared it up. After a few uses, it even cleared up those tiny bumps on my face due to oil that I could never seem to get rid of. I have very oily skin, and this mask helped with that problem. Every morning after I used it, I would waake up and my skin would be bright, glowing, and soft. Only downside is that it can be a little annoying to make and spread on your face. I'm also not a fan of the smell of honey. But considering how well it works and how cheap it is, I probably will not be buying masks in stores anymore.

on 3/12/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay, let's start off my by saying that I had servere cystic acne. Which made me depressed so it was terrible. I've used every product known to man. I've used birth control to help this problem but, didn't work for me. I actually felt like it got worse because the hormones in each pill you take may be a little much. Therefore creating more hormones in your body and not good for someone who already has hormonal acne.
If you are planning on going in to a clinic to get a prescription for acne, I can say that an antibiotic prescription worked (didn't clear me all the way up) but did help a lot.
I got prescribed a 10 day dose of doxycycline.

So I had all these red, huge, inflamed cysts on my face right. I was currently using the Clarisonic Mia 2 and Dove moisturizing body wash to wash my face and trying the Clinique toner (acne solutions clarifying lotion) and the Clinique All over solutions acne clearing treatment. (I know expensive right!)
I will do a review on each product by the way if your interested and I will tell you which ones are worth trying.

My skin was getting better but not the best.

Anyways...Honey(:
So I stopped using my clairsonic (now I only use it when I wear makeup and need to take it off, that's it) because my skin felt irritated and dry. I would wash my face with a concoction St.ives acne clearing scrub (because I need exfoliation) and Honey (WeeBee Raw Honey) like straight from the comb honey. I used honey because it would counteract with the scrub and didn't dry me out after I used it. Which was awsome. My skin started to clear significantly.
I stopped putting anything on my face, I wouldn't put makeup on if I absolutely didn't need to and I stopped using any toners, creams etc. etc.
And I just let my skin breathe.

I used a small amount if St.ives acne clearing scrub and a little more honey and just exfoliated my skin morning and night
(Nothing Else!)

My skin is now much smoother.
I have a LOT less acne.
My huge servere cystic acne was much gone.
Now I have to deal with my hormonal chin acne(ugh)!
But honestly to me, Honey has been a huge help. It has helped me tremendously with my cystic acne.
I would recommend that you guys try raw honey because it is the untouched honey that has the most minerals, antibacterial properties, and with the most vitamins.

PLEASE do try it. It may be just exactly what you need in your regimen.

I got my honey from Marshalls but you can find it online too. (Luckyvitamin.com, vita cost.com)
Doesn't have to be this exact same honey just as long it RAW!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use a teaspoon of honey, mixed with 1 teaspoon pure almond oil and 2 tablespoons of milk as a cleanser/mask. I massage it into the skin and let it stay on for 10 minutes. My skin is instantly clean and toned and firm. I don't need to use a cream or lotion after.

I used the honey lightening mask for my hair. Added distilled water, honey and cinnamon and EVOO. Let me tell you, my hair is naturally black colored and dyed medium ash. Omg! It turned my roots in my middle parting orange, ok, yes they were red to start with. The rest of my hair, my highlights got this pretty honey color, it was easy to blow dry. But I had to bleach my middle part cause the orange wouldn't budge. And to get the cinnamon out of the hair mayor hassle, be prepared to scrub, scrub and scrub, then deep condition. My hats off who do this several times a week, maybe I will try it without the cinnamon next time ;-)

on 3/7/2015 12:38:00 PM

This review will be kind of like the ACV review.
Most people already said the basics.
I will add the following.
Like yogurt, the type of honey is a consideration.
Better honey, better results, plus internally it is good for you.

(Yogurt, FYI, should be FULL FAT as in 6% or more for the skin, and preferably GOAT which has protein molecules that penetrate the skin unlike the bovine version, less effective.)

Honey: eat it. Just a bit daily is excellent for digestion, immune system, good bacteria.
(Research that if you want, and find out about Manuka Honey)
BEST HONEY is Manuka, UMF 12 or more (go look that up)
any brand that is trusted. It's pricier. For face, I'd go for a low UMF like 8 is fine.
IF not, then AT LEAST bare minimum, use RAW UNPASTEURIZED honey.
Do not eat or slather on honey that is pasteurized. You may as well use jam.
I have a raw unpasteurized buckwheat honey that smells oddly of manure and that sounds gross, but I've come to kinda like it! It's for the face, not to eat. I don't particularly like the taste of the manure thing going on in there LOL

I like to steam/hot compress my skin first, get pores opened.
THEN apply honey, one teaspoon max, warmed in my fingers onto that warm skin, smooth it over the whole face.
Then I wait at least ten minutes. Man it smells so good. Even the dog stares at me.
Then hot cloths to rest on skin, gently exfoliate it off, taking the dead skin cells and grime from the pores out. IT doesn't do anything for my white heads or slowly emerging pimples that later dry up or go away, but I do have luck with any blackheads. AND it is lovely for exfoliation in general and leaves skin soft and happy.
My favourite way to complete the mask is a quick splash of diluted ACV and a brief five minute application of fat yogurt to cool the skin right down and close those pores. Then quickly rinse that off with cold water and cloth, and then a splash of my generic witch hazel (see review, love love love) and I'm done my facial that cost me about 38 cents with cheap honey and maybe one buck with pricey honey.
In fact, I "wash" with honey every morning instead of cleanser or soap. With the ACV rinse and the witch hazel (no yogurt, fast version) the skin is totally cleansed and prepped for the applications of day stuff.
Love honey

on 3/6/2015 4:18:00 AM

Honey is the best! Great for face mask, mix with coconut oil for a hair mask, also great to put on a pimple under a bandaid while you sleep!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure