October 25, 2014 | 1839 users online

Toners - Estee Lauder - Sparkling Clean Mattifing Oil-Control Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by atong84

Just like the foam cleanser in this line, I am absolutely in love with the mattifying powers of this toner. This series (Sparkling Clean by EL) has been the only one to successfully clear up and maintain my oily/acne prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Crestaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I use this lotion since 2009. Tried to change but always get back to it. Advantages: mattifies, really does! Very well removes the rest of make up after cleansing. Prevents and stops break outs.I like that it has lots of extracts, so it's quite organic as well.
Disadvantages: non.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by KittyKat226

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My only, and i mean only, complaint about this product is the high price. But one bottle usually lasts me almost a whole year so perhaps the price isn't a big deal. This works for me. It actually does what it says and helps control my oil. I am still oily, because my skin is so oily than NOTHING is ever going to control it fully, but this makes a good difference and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is just "meh" to me. I don't really "love" it, but I don't really "hate" it either. I do think it is overpriced for what it actually does. I wanted the Clinique Acne Solutions toner, but they were sold out, so this was the closest thing I could find. Got it for 18 bucks at the military base. The first time I used it I seriously hated the smell (still do!). I found it awkward the way the product comes out of the bottle. I wish the hole was bigger so you can just flip it upside down like once or twice onto your cotton ball, but so little comes out from the tiny opening. I've been using it for a few days now, and yes my skin looks matte when I apply it, and I do still get oily throughout the day, but like others have mentioned, no product is going to prevent you from becoming oily. Do not plan to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by coco93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I do like this product, it is a great toner but as for its oil control, there isnt buch :\ When buying this i seen that there were powders at the bottom and as the sales woman said this is what helps to mattify the face and controle oil. Now i guess she was write and she was wrong she didnt tell me for how long this would mattify my face, streight after application my face looks great it is matt and it look perfectly clean :D but once moisturiser is applied how do you know if the product is working the moisturiser has cancelled out the toner how is it going to mattify your face any longer. This is why i think it is good as a toner but as an oil control product there are better ones out there and for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by kristimh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I have been searching forever for something that would control oil all day long. It has a nice refreshing feel when you put it on but have to make sure you shake the bottle for the full effect. Since I've been using this and Double Wear makeup from EL, I've had no shine and makeup has stayed in place all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This product works wonders for my ultra-oily skin. While no product can stop the production of oil (since the glands that produce it lie well beneath the outer surface of the skin and are controlled by genetics and hormones), this lotion does well at absorbing the oil that my skin produces throughout the day. While I still have to blot, the amount of oil soaked up by the blotting papers is much less than it would be without this!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2008 12:01:00 PM More reviews by joann287

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Average toner. I like the cleanser and moisturizer (for oily skin) in this line, but the toner seems really average. A bit drying, but I don't mind that since my skin is oily. I'll use it but will try something different afterward. Not sold on the flakey stuff in it either. I like a clear toner (not sure why...seems cleaner). I have an Origins toner I bought years ago with the flaky stuff in it and never used that either.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 6:15:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

I dont like this product.didn t Control oil,it is not refreshing or mattifying did not refine or purifie my skin.And also i didn t like the powder in it at all.My skin felt like I had mud on.Plus contains alcohol. Don t buy it

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by insidesusan

I have heard that using a toner with alcohol isn't good for your skin, because it over-dries and causes you to produce more oil. I had already gone through a bottle of this toner and had just started my second last month, when I had a facial and I was told not to use an alcohol toner any more. Well, I heeded that advice and my breakouts got worse. Finally I started using it again about a week ago, and my skin is getting a little better. I may be completely wrong, but I feel like the alcohol is helping control the bacteria after I wash.

I like the feeling of this toner compared to others because although it does have alcohol, it isn't too drying or harsh. It doesn't totally control my oil, but it decreases it a bit. I gave it a 3 because I'm continuing to use it, but I'm not entirely sure it is doing anything beneficial to my skin.