October 25, 2014 | 1767 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Sparkling Clean Purifying Mud Foam Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by atong84

I love, love, LOVE this product. After years of searching and trying anything from Dior to Neutrogena to ProActive...this has been the ONLY product that thoroughly cleans my skin, prevent breakouts, heal current breakouts and mattify my face. I was so disappointed when I realized the EL has discontinued this line and has replaced it with a subpar gel. Thus, I drove an hour to the nearest outlet and purchased a year's worth just so that I don't run out of this product anytime soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sofiloco

I love this cleanser - especially for the summer! It gives your skin a really nice thorough cleanse without stripping it! I don't know yet but I think it might be a bit drying in the winter months, however in the summer when your skin is up against so much more in the way of sweat, oils and suncream it is really great to have a non-stripping cleanse! I'm a 'facial wash' kinda girl and this is one of the best that I've had! I love Estee Lauder! I took a lippy off due to the fact that it isn't a miracle cleanser, but it hasn't irritated my skin at all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by emysiu

Wow! This makes my skin so squeaky clean. I had been searching for a better cleanser because of my chronic clogged pores. I've been using this only in the evening and following with some light exfoliation. Together, they have done a good job of getting my skin clearer and all of the makeup/sunscreen off of my face. For $20, this is a reasonably priced cleanser that will do exactly what it says. I follow up with a heavier moisturizer in order to assist with the dryness that this cleanser can cause. Definitely not for dry or sensitive skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I give this 5 lippies just because it does exactly what it says it will. Foams up very well and your skin feels super clean. Says it's for oily skin, so don't use this and complain that your skin is dry..it definitly could have that effect for normal-dry skin. I am oily and it's summer and very humid here so this is just what I was looking for. Will probably not use in the winter. I don't feel that I need to use my clarisonic with this because the creamy thick foam is enough to throughly get all my makeup off!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

This should be called Squeaky Clean, not Sparkling Clean. My skin really does squeak and is very clean after using this. And yet, it is not dry, red, stripped, irritated, or itchy. My skin tone is improved. Haven't had a new spot since I started using it. I have combination skin that is very sensitive and has hyper pigmentation, so it is a miracle this doesn't make my face red. I will def repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the search for the perfect face wash for quite some time now. I bought this due to the good reviews here on MUA and I have not been disappointed. First, let me tell you what I look for in a face wash. Different strokes for different folks and all. I have pretty oily skin, and I wear both primer and foundation daily. I wanted a face wash that FOAMED - and foamed well. I like that squeaky clean feeling after washing. Squeaky clean, not dry and tight-there's a difference. So here comes Estee Lauder Mud Foam Cleanser. I paid $20 for this at Macy's and while that's pretty pricey for a face wash, it certainly delivers. This stuff smells light and airy and pleasant. And you only need a little tiny bit to make a big bad foam. It removes all of my face makeup, and just about all of my eye makeup too. (I wear UDPP and plenty of eye makeup.) I'm in love. I ordered two more to keep under the sink in case they decide to stop making it. If you're looking for the same things I was in your face wash, try it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by perfectionist_virgo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had initially wanted the gel cleanser in this line but the SA talked me into buying the 'mud' cleanser saying it would last longer. I did and using it along with the toner and clear difference moisturizer cleared my skin. That's saying something after having struggled with cheek breakouts for the past 5 years. Now when I ran out, I bought the gel cleanser just dying to try it however it dried my face out more and led to a pimple. So for me...this creamy texture is perfect. The botanicals really seem to calm my skin and the price is not unreasonably steep like some other department store lines.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by coco93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product it cleans like a dream ! The very thick formula means that you only need a very, very small amound of product to make for effective cleaning of the skin. I am not sure it is as deep cleaning as the company says but it does a great job. The only down side to it i think is the amount of product you get, for £19.50 i would expect it to have the same amount as its sister cleanser the Estée Lauder Sparkling Clean Oil Control Foaming Gel Cleanser 200ml also £19.50.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by CherryBerryPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

A good cleansing foam for those with oily skin. The texture was very luxurious and the skin felt very clean and smooth, but it dried out a bit, and it was pretty strong parfumerad which sensitive individuals may react to.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by neonpen

I got this as a birthday present 2 months ago.
I love the smell and the lather.
I don't use much product. A dime size is good for me.
Leaves my skin clean and not oily.
I will def buy this after i finish it!!!

EDIT: I use this to clean my brushes and this is amazing as a brush cleaner. I will repurchase only to use for my brushes.