October 25, 2014 | 1827 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Perfectly Clean Splash Away Foaming Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Cilla94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This cleanser is harsh. It leaves my skin feeling dry and uncomfortable and it doesn't remove my make up. I find it cleansing deeply though, as I dont get any spots with regular use. You only have to take a very small amount and it turns into a rich luxurious foam that will make you feel fresh and clean.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by thatasianchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dehydrated, oily, acne-prone skin. Every time I use this product, I break out. I think the chemicals in it are so strong that it strips off my natural oils and possibly a layer of my skin. Like other reviewers say, it does leave a squeaky, clean and tight feeling. But it also feels like it leaves a residue. And it doesn't clean off my makeup, I still have to use my Bioderma afterwards to wipe off whatever makeup is left. I got the huge sample size from buying the double wear foundation at Macy's. Fortunately, it was a sample given to me, so I won't feel bad throwing away a high-end cleanser. I would not purchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

This cleanser foams up really well and really removes all of my makeup but is a little drying. The texture of this reminds me of Clinique's Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser as it has the same thick consistency straight out of the tube.

I got a huge sample size of this in a recent GWP so can't comment on the price really. This is so thick that you only need a tiny amount of this to cleanse your face so one tube would last you forever.

This does feel like it leaves some sort of film on my face after rinsing, which is unpleasant. I don't find it to be too fragranced (in fact I never even noticed that it had fragrance so I had to go sniff the tube to make sure). The packaging states that it is for normal/combination skin (which I have, although my cheeks are very dry and my nose and chin are extremely oily and are always the places where I break out).

I do think this is an ok cleanser but I prefer something a little more gentle (my HG is Clinique's Liquid Facial Soap Mild). I have found some pretty good cleansers over the years and can't see me ever buying this one again when there are so many that I prefer over this. It's not a bad product, I just prefer something milder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

This is a cleanser I love and only use in the warmer months when my skin gets oily.

*Lathers up good and rinses well.
*The oil is taken off my face and my skin never feels dried out
*Never have had any breakouts or any other skin issues from this.

This really sucks up oil good so if you have combo skin imo I would not suggest as it might dry your skin out. I stop using this when the hot weather is done and in the fall my skin goes combo and in winter turns dry...I used it when I had combo skin and my skin was super dried out...in that case the Soft Clean Moisture Rich Foaming Cleanser is the way to go! and that one is great too!

Repurchased this for many years now! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

To start things off, I am absolutely in love with foaming cleansers. I chose this one because it fit my skin type and others recommended it from what I had heard. Needless to say, after using this product for about 2 weeks, I THOUGHT my skin was actually looking better, I was wrong! Stupidly, I continued to use this product for another 2 weeks (one month total) and noticed my skin was actually breaking out badly and it was actually getting more red and irritated. Not only was this bad enough but my face was sooo dry and awfully tight, my moisturizer wasn't doing justice. I finally decided to stop using it after speaking to the beauty advisor at Estée Lauder and she continued to try and sell me the "dry skin" formula instead of the normal one, thinking that my skin was more dry now instead of normal. DUH!! I decided not to and switch to another brand completely. When I switched to Origins, my skin got better and the breakouts went down. I realized that on the back of the ingredients label there was a whole lot of parfum (fragrance) and unwanted parabens and junk in the product at EL! My Origins cleanser is paraben free and natural scents instead of that added junk. So no, I would never recommend this product because of what happened to my skin! Definitely not worth my money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at the bad reviews. I really like this cleanser. It cleans away all the dirt and makeup on my face like nothing else. I can see how it might be too drying for some. My skin almost squeaks when I'm done rinsing, but my skin feels super clean. This lathers up a lot so a little goes a long way. I don't find it too heavily fragranced either. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This definitely cleans your face.....I felt like it had stripped me of my skin by the end of this ordeal. Yes...this was an ordeal.....lol my eyes were sore after it and by God do I make sure my mouth is pursed shut when I use this. I don't think I would have ever sworn again if my mother had washed my mouth out with this!!!
Okay okay it's not that bad.....it's a face wash. But as some have described, it's like a foamy soap. Like, crushing and blending a bar of your standard drying soap, and mushing it into a tube.
The scent doesn't offend me. It is the assault on my sense of sight and taste that is off putting. Surely they didn't mean this when they talked about pain is beauty....Definitely need a decent moisturiser after it, now I've bought it I'm going to use it but I blend it with a moisturising exfoliator like St Ives to add moisture so my face doesn't feel like my fingers are tugging at my skin when I lightly brush over my face when I have rinsed it.....
Xx

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by AnitaMarlene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this everyday. It works great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely not my go-to cleanser when given the choice, but I've been using it lately so I can use it up and it hasn't backfired on me yet. This claims it's for normal/oily skin, back when I first got it I found it to be extremely drying, (I have combination skin, but I was given mine to try after I purchased another Estee Lauder product,) however now that I've found a good moisturizer it's not an issue for me anymore. It doesn't make me break out any more than usual, which I would consider a plus. I do love the scent of this, though I do find it can be a little overpowering when it's used directly around the nose area. One tube can easily last for a long time because the product is a very thick cream, I only need to use about a pea sized amount per wash. This isn't for someone who's on a budget or looking for that "miracle product." It gets the job done, but so do most other facial cleansers, so there isn't anything about this that makes it worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by silverleo

I would not buy any product from estee lauder. It gave me a break out for a week and half. It will last a long time. I returned this product 2 weeks after I purchased it. Highly up set. I now have dark spots from it.