April 19, 2014 | 1810 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - PROVOCATIVE WOMAN

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A delightful amber-infused scent that can sit close or further depending on how you spritz with a hint of ginger and a slight peppery nuance in its' character. Provocative is a sophisticated perfume that embodies unique and unusual wood scents uncommonly found in todays' scents. I like the unusual and this fits that category perfectly. Lotus notes are deeply ensconced in its ethereal watery qualities. It's not floral, nor is it a deep, dark, mysterious wood of the forest. This is a unique wood, the kind that you might be shopping for in a custom furniture gallery in SoHo and you inhale the grainy woods around you that have lovingly been carved, oiled and molded by artisans. Unique lemony green scents from the Hinoki Wood, a Japanese cypress, stay strong throughout the duration of this perfume. Hinoki Wood is a prized wood used for palaces, temples and shrines, so I'm not surprised that using it in a perfume would be heavenly. This is really quite a beautiful surprise for wood lovers because of its uniqueness. Sophisticated, airy, and deeply erotic, Provocative turns out to be a mature choice for the right individual. Sensual lines and curves form the bottle with its seemingly juxtaposed look. When you look at the clear bottle in a certain way, you see two images. Longevity is at least six hours, a definite plus for perfumes made today. A excellent choice for year-round wear.
Top Notes: Quince, Raspberry, Ginger, Peach, Lotus.
Middle Notes: Apricot, Pink Freesia, Orchid, Papaya.
Base Notes: Amber, Sandalwood, Hinoki Wood, Cedar, White Tea, Red Amber.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by RubberBandMan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heard that this was a floral. When I tried it out, I loved the top notes. They were great. I proceeded to spritz in on my wrists and after a few moments that spices, musk and vanilla came out and I HATE IT. I understand that this sultry kind of floral is popular but it's just not my style at all. This doesn't smell like a clean, soft floral by any means in my mind. To me, this either smells like a "sexy" floral or something an older lady would wear. It reminded me of Black Amethyst or Dark Kiss from BBW. I hate it. I haven't found one Elizabeth Arden frag. I really like. The bottle is pretty and this is easy to get at somewhere like Marshalls (where I got mine)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

This review is for the Elizabeth Arden Provocative Woman Body Lotion. I received this a while back but never really used it because the scent seemed a little heavy for me. I pulled it out recently and have been using it for a few days and this lotion is just average for me. Like I said, the scent it pretty heavy, so I feel it works better for the fall/winter months. It's not too strong once applied -- you can definitely smell it, but it is not overbearing. I'm usually good with picking out the notes of a fragrance, but this one was tough. It's a slightly musky, floral/oriental scent. The florals, ginger, and amber stand out the most to me. It's a nice smell, but I don't love it.
The lotion is quite thin in consistency, which I like because it sinks into the skin easily. However, if you have dry skin, I wouldn't recommend using this as a daily moisturizer as it is definitely not thick enough. But it keeps my normal skin feeling pretty soft and not greasy. The scent lasts a while, maybe 6 hours before serious fading begins, which is pretty good.
Overall, this lotion is OK. If you really love the perfume, I would recommend trying the lotion to really layer the fragrance. It's not outrageously expensive for a department store perfumed lotion, and the packaging is really unique. However, I will not be repurchasing, as I find the fragrance a bit too mature for my taste.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by fragrancelover2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice spicy but light and bubblegummy scent. Weird description but that's what it smells like to me it is like paris hilton heiress toned down a bit mixed with a light dab of bob mackie. Overall its nice and I would repurchase but probably a smaller bottle next time I have the 3.3oz gift set and the spray is starting to turn yellow because I've had it for 3 years and never really use it often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yet another elizabeth arden fragrance that doesint suit me the smell of this on me is positively nauseating it doesint suit me at all but its true that it has everything to do with body chemistry. This fragrance may work for another woman but on me it smells like some cheap common perfume me no likey sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mopig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scent is the epitome of 'sexy' to me, I love it. I first got this in a sample years ago and have been covetting it ever since~ I just purchased a 3oz bottle that's how much I love it! (the bottle is HUGE! haha)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it totally nauseated me , donno why exactly .. i can describ eit as oriental sweety but for me it is not one i would recommend

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my sis in law's favorite perfumes. I owned this perfume years ago - bought it shortly after it came out. During that time I just started buying fragrances and were quite young, most of the ladies in my family bought Elizabeth Arden and Estee Lauder, so my choices were also limited to those 2 houses. And i loved the ad about "Men will Melt". Which is true... men love this perfume! I did received alot of compliments on this perfume.

However I've moved on from this perfume, I stopped wearing it and then again remember I had it and started wearing it to work (where men complimented me on this smell) and finished my bottle. I started liking high-end perfumes like Gucci and Armani etc...

But this year while looking for a birthday gift for a friend I purchased this one, because its "safe". She loved it!! She kept telling me what a gorgeous perfume it is and how she loved the smell. So when my sis in law's birthday came up i purchased two bottles ( one for me and one for my sis in law). The price is quite cost-effective because its cheap and the perfume last really long - you can still smell it at the end of the day. its lovely, its not too sweet, its fruity in a really yummy way and its smell sooo nice. I like it! its something you'd wear everyday, to work or at home, but i dont think its a "special occassions" perfume. But nice

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by HannahTheScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It smells exactly like the title! It smells to me like a tall, clean, confident woman who is classy and elegant. It smells somewhat flowery, but has subtle, sensual low notes to it. I bought the 3.4 oz. from a consignment shop for $10, and it retails for around $30 on fragrancenet.com. I love it, and it is a biggie in my perfume collection!

I hate to end on a complaint, but I have to be honest when writing reviews. The cap got stuck on the bottle once, and my dad had to pry it off! Now it will never close again. I am afraid to get the cap stuck in again, because I spilled wasted some perfume trying to get it out when it was broken!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this fragrance even though I don't currently have it in my perfume collection. This and Ralph Lauren Romance were my first two grown up perfumes. This smells wonderful on my skin. I know a lot of other reviewers find it repulsive, intoxicating, generic, or headache inducing, but with my body chemistry it smells very light, sexy, fresh, and kind of sweet. I only spritz a little on my wrists, inner elbows, behind my ears and on the nape of my neck, making sure not to go overboard because the lasting power is pretty phenomenal and it's very easy to smell too strong. Reviewing this now makes me want to go out and purchase a bottle. I think this will be my special Valentine's gift to myself! Some advice I would give to women, old and young alike is to give this a try without placing judgement based on so many negative reviews because this perfume might work extremely well with your body chemistry. I am a very picky person when it comes to scents, and this is one scent I will always purchase over and over again.