December 18, 2014 | 1658 users online

Moisturizers - Neostrata - Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Lea420

I swear by this face cream. I have been using it for almost a decade now, from 19 to 28 and I literally have the same skin (also I use SPF in the day, everyday). I also smoke (not heavily) but I feel with this face cream keeps my skin young and helps with acne scars - the reason why I started using it. Definitely start with the lower level of glycol acid if your skin is not used to it and work your way up to the 10%. Do not use after waxing or threading it will burn!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it! I used the 10AHA Smoothing Lotion before but I like this a lot more (the lotion made me look very shiny and felt very oily).

I use this as a night cream and my skin is super smooth, the texture and tone is much more even and my skin is clear. I used to suffer from acne and still have some marks and scars. This doesn't help with the scars (I have a few small icepick scars on my cheeks) but does help with the marks.

I also like the anti-aging benefits (I'm 27). I think I'll be using this cream for many years!

I can sting a little bit, but I really don't mind it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by redsunset

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Neostrata for a few months now. I have been using the milder range of PHA's more suitable for sensitive skin but after using my last tube I decided to take the risk of upping the strength to a product containing glycolic acid. On first application it did sting a little bit but for a very short time, which I expected anyway. It is quite a rich cream which I like as I use it as a night cream. I am so glad I took the plunge as its the BEST cream I have ever used as far as visible results are concerned. My skin is clearer and smoother with less lines. It costs 30 for a 40ml tube which is an absolute bargain for something that actually works, a definite HG product for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by kristenbitme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've bought two jars of this now and I am in love. Seriously! I broke out a little bit for like a month when I first started using it, as I read was normal from other reviews, which was weird for me because I don't usually get pimples at all. But after that initial "detox" my skin is smooth, glowing, and youthful. I don't think I will ever stop using this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Great stuff, but too strong for me. Am using the ultra moisturizing cream which is gentle, but I worry the Evening Primrose oil might break me out. So I tried this, which my husband uses. I do like it. Be something I'd have to be careful with and use very little and be careful. But I don't tolerate AHAs well. So I think most people tolerate it better than me. Sometimes the other leaves me clogged and this or a BHA can help.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by chop_stiks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far, so good. I have been using this cream for exactly 4 weeks now. My skin is noticeably smoother, and slightly clearer. I don't see much of a change in pigmentation, and no change at all in pores or blackheads on my nose or chin, but hopefully that changes in a few more weeks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After years of trying a billion and one different moisturizers with the hope that they would actually help my skin instead of leaving just a fine layer of goo on my face, I think I may have found my HG moisturizer. I don't throw around the "HG!!" phrase lightly either.

I've been battling acne and brown marks for eons. I've tried everything under the sun to stop breakouts and prevent the tell tale signs of their presence on my face and nothing has worked. I came here to see what indie/cult product has the best reviews and found Neostrata. I was a tad skeptical because of the price tag so I opted to get four small samples first. I've been using this for about a month and my skin is noticeably softer and brighter. Brown marks that have been on my face for the past six months are also noticeably lighter.

When I first received this, I wasn't sure how I was going to incorporate it into my skin care regimen because I use the Erno Laszlo system. If you're an Erno devotee, you know that deviating from the system is a no-no. I decided to throw caution to the wind and began using this instead of my Active Phelityl lotion during the day (or at night if I go out during the day). Doing the Erno system twice a day along with this lotion has helped my skin greatly. Don't get me wrong, I still get breakouts but they are fewer and far between and they no longer require their own zip code.

While I do love this lotion, there are a few downsides. Yes, it can burn like the dickens especially if you have a freshly popped zit or a cut on your finger (it has citrus acid in it after all). The tingling/burning is typically pretty mild and subsides once your skin gets used it. It also isn't the most pleasant smelling moisturizer on the planet but the smell does dissipate quickly. I've also found that I cannot wear this under makeup because I end up looking like a glazed donut. I also can't slather this on twice a day because I end up with odd, under the skin bumps around my jawline. As far as helping to prevent blackheads, I haven't seen a decrease in the appearance of blackheads on my nose so I still need Biore or silver powder. The last downside to this product is the price. Yes, it's expensive but I think it's worth the price because very little is needed and it works.

Despite the cons, this is still an awesome, awesome moisturizer that I would recommend to anyone battling acne or wants to oomph up their skin. I believe it really does help my skin and I plan on buying a full sized bottle as soon as my samples run out. It's a shame that products like these aren't touted in Allure or other beauty magazines because Neostrata is definitely one of the better, lesser known products out there. Thankfully MUAers are on the ball and really know their stuff when it comes to hidden gems. Thanks again, ladies!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by madhat

Having read the reviews,i bought this product.After 1 month of use,people told me that my face looked more radiant and it's true.My dullness was less but I expected even more about the quality of my skin which has just begun presented the very first tiny lines between my eyebrows and some blemishes which haven't faded.Having tried many products I know I can't expect miracles but i 'd love a really noticeable difference.This product is more effective than others which are more expensive.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

After using it for about two months, I'm pretty confident in saying that this thing is the best skin exfoliating product I've ever encounter. It's simple, effective, but also mild. The blackheads on my nose are completely gone. And my skin has not been irritated from it, although first time users of AHA may experience some stinging sensation.

The formula is creamy, but it's not overly moisturizing to oily and combination skin. Personally I think it's better than the BHA exfoliators from Paula's Choice. No idea why because BHA is supposed to work better on oily skin with enlarged pores. I love it very much and highly recommend it to people with all skin types to try out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I began using this back in the '90's on recommendation by my dermatologist. I've gone without it from time to time by I always come back to using it. The great thing about how good this is for your skin is that the results are for real. This cream fixes problem skin or simply improves upon already good skin. I use it under makeup mixed with a little sunscreen and again at night on it's own. I keep it away from my eye area as it can be a tad irritating. I also use the Neostrata Peel which is another amazing step in beautiful skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No