August 30, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Addict Ultra-Shine Sheer - 612 Shiniest Chestnut [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by goldenglitter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this! I really didn't think I would like it This much. It doesn't feel like lipstick. It feels like a lipgloss but lighter, and without the sticky feel. Unlike a lot of lipsticks that dry my lips out, this keeps them feeling moisturized. I would definetly recommend this, and it is one of my most used things!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite lipsticks of all time, this is my favorite shade. It's sheer, shiny, sparkly but smooth & easily wearable on a daily basis. I can even apply it without a mirror. Cute, funky packaging. I love this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Guuf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loooooove this lipstick! I'm really not much of a lipstick person because most of the time it just dries my lips out, but this one is very moisturizing and has a great texture. It has the perfect amount of shimmer and the color is gorgeous! I'm definitely going to repurchase this one when I run out, even though it's super expensive ($25).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Im not a fan of brown lipsticks only beacause I cant wear them. Im very cool fair skinned so browns just dont work for me.
    Chestnut Chic is definately the wrong name for this gorgeus mauvey-plummy lipstick. I bought this by mistake and this sure was not a bad mistake because I reach for this lipstick often. It does have quite a bit of glitter but that does not bother me the color makes up for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Alas, this is an HG lipstick for me! I wish it weren't, because at $25 a pop, this something I really shouldn't be willing to buy! But it's an MLBB color for me -- a warm, natural-looking mauve, as another reviewer put it. I think this newer formulation has less grittiness to the glitter than the original did, so it is more comfortable and natural-looking. It has more staying power than most sheer lipsticks too (better than Chanel's Aqualumiere's line). The tube is rather clunky and awkward and seems to serve no practical purpose, but I like this shade so much I'm sure to repurchase it anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Totally agree with "cherryglass", except, I will continue to repurchase this lipstick because it's long lasting, the packaging adorable, and the colour is great for winter/fall months. It doesn't dry out my lips and the texture is so light that I forget sometimes that I have lipstick on my lips. It's great!! Will purchase this and other colours in the Dior Addict family!! I can honestly say that the Dior Addict is my HG lipstick!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by cherryglass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Product: In the tube it looks frightening. I only became interested after getting a make-over at Dior when MA used this. It's lightly scented and does have a bit of a taste, but nothing to be alarmed about.
    Colour: On lips it's a sheer tint of natural warm mauve with huge amount of silver glitter. The glitter make the sheer formulation of the product appear almost as a frost finish. It is great when you want to add a flash of neutral colour with a bit of a twist.
    Consistency: Non-drying but slightly gritty because of the glitter.
    Wearability: Despite the amount of glitter is comfortable to wear and fairly long lasting. After putting this on I usually forget it's even there, which never happens when I wear a gloss.
    Packaging: Typical sheer blue Addict l/s case.
    Overall: I really like the formula of Ultra-Shines so it was definitely a welcomed addition. (They are what I hoped Chanel HydraSoleil sheer lipcolour to be) Yet, had it not be for a MA who showed me this shade I doubt I would've paid any attention to this. I like it for it's rather unique properties. It makes me feel pretty and dressed up, but not fussy. I'm on a fense about repurchasing this one because of the high price tag, somewhat gritty texture and the fact that I have to fight the glitter when removing m/u at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2007 7:53:00 PM More reviews by netmom1

This is gorgeous! Again, it's misleading to call it Chestnut since it's a mauvy/berry color with sparkles. It's the perfect neutral for the winter when I wanted something a bit deeper than my usual light pink lipcolor. I was worried that it wouldn't work on my pale, cool-toned skin but wow, it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 4:34:00 AM More reviews by lilpea

A truly luscious sheer lippie/gloss. The texture is superb, I adore the look of a gloss but hate the stickness and hair-stick thing so I no longer go for the liquid glosses. This colour is just beautiful - a mauvey-brown with sparkles and makes my lips look plump and juicy but still natural. Pricey but great off strawberrynet. I want another one now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sheer lipstick- that lasts, unlike Chanel Aqualumiere. However, naming the shade Chestnut Shine is a little misleading because this is not a brown but a sheer mauve with tons of silver micro glitter. After the shine wears off it still leaves a MLBB tint. It looks stunning on my palest olive with reddish undertones/hazel brown eyes/cool medium brown hair. It livens up my whole face without much other makeup. Which is a good thing because they are darn expensive! Will I repurchase? Yes, I've repurchased once already. Amazing considering I rarely use up lipstick or lip gloss simply because I have so many!!