July 29, 2014 | 1960 users online

Lipstick - Christian Dior - Dior Addict Ultra-Shine Sheer Lipcolor in 650- Shiniest Red

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jasanna143

Love the color although as many others have stated, not a true red as one might expect from the name, "Shiniest Red." Nonetheless, still a great color for me, nc20 bro/bro. I'm wearing it right now which reminded me that I needed to write a review! Only l/s in the Shiniest line I'm a fan of due to no sparkle or micro-glitter. I believe it has some shimmer to it but definitely not that gritty feeling. Hate that w/ a passion! Brightens my face up and gives me juicy lips without having to use gloss. I've had mine for quite some time - don't know why I forgot about it until now. Don't mind the scent/taste. I got used to it awhile ago since the texture is too divine to pass up. I guess I'm in the minority here - I adore the packaging...very clever, sleek and elegant. Yes, a bit clunky but nothing I can't deal with!! I def recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2007 5:01:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's not really red, its not really ultra shiny but it is gorgeous. On me its a juicy sheer deep rose pink stained look. EXACTLY what I like for a natural but sexy look. I don't love the tube, it tried a bit to hard for posh and ended up being silly and not all that practical. The price is a bit high although while its a simple color it is unique it its texture and color pay off. Like I mentioned, I don't consider it a red. Its a flushed just kissed your lips but sexier color. I'd buy this again because its so totally perfect for the hot but lowkey look I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2006 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Legrandblu

I bought it last september, and I am still wearing it - with pleasure. The colour is great, taste is even better, but the feeling wearing it on lips - is the best :) Very satisfied. Bravo Dior!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 11:42:00 AM More reviews by foxykitty25

this is probably one of those very rare shades of reds out there that i can wear coz its a sheer red that looks more like pink on first coat and it intensifies as you apply more. not overly shiny, considering its name, but i actually like it that way since im not so big on "i just ate a greasy meat" kind of a look. unlike the other color in this line, this doenst have any glitter or sparkles in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2005 3:16:00 AM More reviews by kissmekate

This is my absolute favourite lipstick. It smells devine, the texture is beautiful and the colour is perfect for my skin. I would describe it as a rasspberry red, the colour intensifies the more you layer it. Am almost out of my first tube, will repurchase immediately. Only trouble is the cost - it's a bit of a splurge, but worth it imho.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2005 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Cakilg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lipstick really isn't red, don't know why they named it that. It is a very natural, pretty pink. A beautiful color and very subtle which will work with any skin tone. Nice creamy formulation, and not as oily as others (like Clinique). Beautiful packaging, definitely worth the money for a high-end lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2005 3:15:00 PM More reviews by bairn

Shiniest Red, # 650, is one of those lovely colors that are really difficult to describe. In natural light, it shows up as a medium coral rose on me, and it's redder under artificial lighting. No glitter or sparkle, only the micro-shimmer (red, gold and silver) that gives my lips a wet-look shine. Although the color remains more or less transparent even with several coats, itís surprisingly intense. The hue becomes more saturated when layered, and glossier, too. Iím a neutral PPP with blue eyes, auburn brown hair, gently pigmented lips, and while this is a neat color, it would probably work better if I had blonde hair.
I can't say enough about the texture of these lippies. Sheer, soft, smooth, non-drying, with moderate staying power. To be honest, I expected them to be glossier, but Iím still impressed. Oh, and thereís that fruity rose scent again Iím less crazy about. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2005 1:45:00 AM More reviews by qwendy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ok, so it's not ultra shiny, nor is it red, nor does it last particularly long, but it's awfully pretty! I mean true prettiness, like the Audrey Hepburn better-than-natural look. They say that the perfect YLBB lipcolor is the color of the inside of your lips, and this happens to be mine, which as you can imagine, is nowhere near red, but really just a particular pink. And this lipstick is also the same texture of the inside of one's lip, not shiny, not matte, not satin, simply lippy. And no other color I've tried is this particular color of My Lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 9:35:00 AM More reviews by amattoni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

beautiful natural color, kind of a pink but reddish pink. Not a bright red at all. I use this when I want to look natural and don't wear any makeup but my Nars Torrid blush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2005 7:21:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I understand the fascination with Dior Addict Ultra-Shine Sheers, but $23 is too much to pay for a sheer lip color with sparkle, especially one that has that annoying smell so you are constantly reminded that you are wearing lipstick. I don't regret owning this lipstick but I will certainly never buy it again. The color is a sheer red/pink, something that can be easily duplicated by another product. All of these lipsticks look so indrebibly pretty in the tube, and they call out to you, but there are better high-end lipsticks on the market.