November 23, 2014 | 1930 users online

Cleansers - Queen Helene - Queen Helene Mint Julep Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I personally love Queen Helen's products. I used this product most nights and it cleanse my face works as a great makeup remover too. It didnt dry out my face. I just found another good product from queen Helen's its their hydrating olive oil masque for dry skin its amazing. I recommend it to any one looking for a great facial masque.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by chinkiioosowavy

This product is very good it leaves my skin smooth especially when i have to put on my makeup it takes out the oil and a necessity with you skin care regimen its affective especially if you have acne like i do :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2010 11:28:00 PM More reviews by elizaraymundo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Caused breakouts that I have been dealing with for the last 6 days, dried out my skin so much that it caused cracks at the corners of my mouth, even after only 3 uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by bronzedoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

Queen Helene has some amazing products! Non- greasy natural ingredients that actually work. I used the mud masque and I didn't like it too much after I would rinse the mask off my fact felt dull. But with this Masque I feel in love! It feels so smooth once I wash it off and apply a moisturizer. I can feel my skin glowing. I have mild to moderate acne and this has definitely helped with my blackheads! I still have a couple of bumps but my skin has never felt so balanced before. Hopefully no more bumpy roads for me. P.S. - Starting to use this everyday!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by monroegirlie

I have combination skin, and when I found this cleanser I thought it would be the perfect solution for those days when my skin needs a little moisture. This cleanser has the consistancy of a conditioner- and doesn't lather as you massage it on. I had a hard time trying to remove makeup, and was a little disappointed that it doesn't deep clean like some of the other d/s cleansers I am fond of. Has a nice scent and is an ok cleanser, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2006 3:24:00 PM More reviews by rubie

I read all the reviews and bought this cleanser. Just LOVE it!!! It feels a bit heavy on the face first but it washes off easily and leave the face squeaky clean yet soft. I massage my face well before start washing off and I like to use a wash cloth when washing off the cleanser. It smells really nice and refreshing, and this product is better than the Meaningful Beauty cleanser which I used for the past five months. The cleanser does not sting my sensitive skin at all. Great product, great buy. NOTE: I purchase all of my QH products from the http://www.metrobeauty.com/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2006 1:33:00 PM More reviews by laughinggnome

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The best thing about this cleanser is the smell- a sweet mint that I love. Like other posters have said, it doesn't lather, which doesn't matter, I've just become so used to everything form toothpaste to shampoo having lathering agents added to them that I'm used to it. I've often read that lathering agents are 'unnatural' or 'bad', but after a lot of google-ing, I haven't found out why. Some people think that ammonium lauryl sulfate, a common lathering agent, can dry your skin a bit, but others say that this is hardly true, and after all, what is cleanser for, if not to get some of the oil off of your skin? I had it in the back of my head that these lathering agents were hard for water treatment plants to filter, and they were making a foamy mess of the water of the world, but I couldn't find any documentation for this either. What does this have to do with Queen Helene Mint Julep Cleanser? NOTHING! but if you've read this far, trust me, it's a great gentle cleanser that I use in the shower, with no need to moisturize my normal skin afterward.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2005 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I actually bought this product for my daughter but used it when mine ran out. What a nice surprise. It's creamy, pleasant smelling and washes off easily w/o greasy film. The packaging is poor. The cap broke so I had to transfer this product to a generic container I had but over all would definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2004 10:15:00 PM More reviews by hsm19

This is a nice cream cleanser for drier skin (or winter weather skin). It has a light, almost sweet minty smell that is really nice. However, because this is a cream cleanser, it doesn't lather, and doesn't take off makeup hardly at all. Because of that, I prefer to use this in the morning when I have no makeup to remove. After using it, it leaves your skin feeling very smooth and soft. If you don't rinse well though, it can leave a sort of film on your face. Nothing that can't be fixed with a little toner though. Very gentle and good for dry skin...I'll repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2004 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Schwanengesang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have finally found my HG in skincare!

This cream cleanser has a slight minty fragrance that isn't in any way overpowering... it is, in fact, invigorating esp in the morning

It is a very gentle cream cleanser that really helps to clean out to pores, which is a huge problem for me, and gently combat the oilies without harsh chemicals and astringents

By being a cream cleanser, that means its not over drying, which can be problematic in the winter, for some cleansers

Definitely worth a try if you still are searching for your HG skin care! (I also use the moisturizer and the masque)
continued >>