Maybelline Smooth Result

3.5

on 11/29/2005 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh this is truly atrocious. It said it would not settle into fine lines. Well, what it does is sit on top of the skin and look like dust or chalk. I tried to buff it in, no dice. After an hour, it WAS down in my lines...while still sitting on top of the rest of my skin like chalk. It looked absolutely vile. The compact is horrible. It only opens to a 90 degree angle. Included is not a puff but a thin, cheap sponge. Good Lord this is the absolute worst powder ever. I cannot use any more of it. Back to the pricey powders. I'd rather pay for quality that I can use than pay six bucks for something I have to throw away.

on 9/14/2005 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is pretty good, it makes skin look matte. Unfortunately I got the wrong shade so it looked off and I couldn't use it. Also I don't know if its super good for oily skin. Also the applicator isn't that great.

Edit: This works A LOT better if you don't use the sponge included. I use it with a brush and it matches my skin perfectly. It looks very nice on my skin now, not even noticable I have makeup on. It gets rid of shine too and doesn't look cakey.

on 12/10/2004 10:22:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This pressed powder comes in small compact with an inadequate mirror, and a small square puff. The powder itself, like most Maybelling powders products, tends to harden, and therefore will not apply evenly. Would not buy again.

on 4/21/2004 5:32:00 PM

I gave this one a second chance, after my skin improved (battled some bad breakouts earlier this year). It's very light but provides extra smooth coverage. I use it on days when my face needs a bit of a pick-me-up, and it really does perk up my complexion. My only complaint is that the powder 'cakes' in certain parts of the pan. I wasn't too impressed with the puff provided, so I just use a flat sponnge applicator and it works like a charm.

on 3/23/2004 2:18:00 AM

I like this product a lot and am on my second compact. the color is terrific for me (Translucent Fair). It doesn't change color, it covers well when I'm a little red, it doesn't cake, the price is great, I don't have a bad reaction to it and I have sensitive skin. There isn't a huge amount of product, but I think that's good because it stays cleaner. the pad/puff is a little rough, but it works.

on 3/22/2004 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product because it made Allure's Best Product List in 2002. This powder does help to conceal flaws, applies evenly, and is fragrance free. I use medium beige when I'm at my palest in winter. It starts to look chalky as I pick up a little bit of color in spring. The compact snaps securely but the products' surface area is a bit small. If this product were offered in a wider range of shades with testers, I'd have given it 4 lippies.

Recommended for Normal Skin